The Lost Village

Go to CruxDreams.com
Life and death on the slave ship were always a nightmare for all the slaves. For the hundred or so men very little concern was apparent if one died of exhaustion or ill treatment at the end of a whip. The older men died quickly on the voyage and were unceremoniously unshackled and dragged away, their bodies to be tossed overboard into the arms of the sea that used to be a livelyhood. No dissent was tolerated and their lives were a simple misery as dogs.
For the women and girls it was more complicated. Many of the older women were used to keep the ship clean, washing and sewing always under the guard of Murad's men. They were at least out on deck during the day before being confined again at night in the womens quarters. There they slept alongside each other in cramped, roasting hot conditions. The lack of sanitation meant disease swept through the weaker ones quickly and many died quiet, unmourned to follow their menfolk to the sea.
For Tash, Paskelle, Marie Connors and 30 or so other girls under 25 it was obvious they were more valued. Seperated from the other women they were not forced to work but spent the voyage locked below together where they slept and talked of life in Baltimore.

Last edited:
A hard lot for the ones above 25 unless they're of firm faith and sure in their belief of the afterlife.
Then maybe they have it easier than the young ones. Just go quietly.
It'll be hard though for those who are mothers and know their daughter is in the other group.
And no, when the day of the slave market arrives, mother/daughter or pairs of sisters will be seperated, they will not be sold together to one owner... it's possible and by no means forbidden to do that, but there are fatwahs that limit what the pious can do with such pairs, and so they're usually sold off separately.

Two days into the voyage two guards came to the girls quarters. Unlocking it they came inside and hauled little Marie Connors off her mat. Little Marie screamed and kicked but was of course no match. Dragged to her feet she was pulled away and out. The cell was relocked and they disappeared. The girls frightened and clueless as to her fate clung together in fear. Hours passed slowly. Marie, petite and pretty with a well proportioned lithe tanned body was a close friend to Tash and Paskelle. They worried together for her. As the girls went to sleep that night she had not been returned. Tash hardly slept. What could have happened to her friend?
The following morning a group of guards returned. The girls were ordered to climb to the deck at musket point. Tash and Paskelle climbed the steps into the sun. The deck was crowded but the girls were forced to the front of the crowd.
Murad was above the crowd dressed impeccably. On his cheek a bright red scratch showed. Muskets were trained on the slaves. ' Last night, he began, an Irish whore girl was brought to my cabin. She was to be entertained by me and lie with me in my bed. Instead she resisted and had to be restrained for the night. Today in front of all of you as warning she will be punished.'
Marie was now pulled in front of the crowd to some rigging. She had on a cotton shift dress but her feet were bare and her eye blackened. She seemed to be dazed as her arms were spread and her wrists tied to the rigging. Her dress was torn from her to the waist, her back exposed to the crowd. She uttered a little whimper as her hair was tossed off her back.
What happened next would stay with all that witnessed it for the rest of their lives. A bare chested muscular pirate stepped forward with a long 9 tailed whip in his hands. Some of the male slaves moved towards the guards as the first lash landed across her shoulders and her animal like scream wailed over the crowd. Lash after lash bore upon her flesh till her screams got fainter. Blood flowed off her and drenched the waist of her dress till she hung lifeless on the rigging. Tash counted 75 lashes till she could bear no more and stood in transfixed horror at the sight of her friend.
Over now Marie was left hanging there as each slave was forced to walk past her on the way back to their quarters. As Paskelle walked past Marie she touched her neck. There was no pulse.

Two days into the voyage two guards came to the girls quarters. Unlocking it they came inside and hauled little Marie Connors off her mat. Little Marie screamed and kicked but was of course no match. Dragged to her feet she was pulled away and out. The cell was relocked and they disappeared. The girls frightened and clueless as to her fate clung together in fear. Hours passed slowly. Marie, petite and pretty with a well proportioned lithe tanned body was a close friend to Tash and Paskelle. They worried together for her. As the girls went to sleep that night she had not been returned. Tash hardly slept. What could have happened to her friend?
The following morning a group of guards returned. The girls were ordered to climb to the deck at musket point. Tash and Paskelle climbed the steps into the sun. The deck was crowded but the girls were forced to the front of the crowd.
Murad was above the crowd dressed impeccably. On his cheek a bright red scratch showed. Muskets were trained on the slaves. ' Last night, he began, an Irish whore girl was brought to my cabin. She was to be entertained by me and lie with me in my bed. Instead she resisted and had to be restrained for the night. Today in front of all of you as warning she will be punished.'
Marie was now pulled in front of the crowd to some rigging. She had on a cotton shift dress but her feet were bare and her eye blackened. She seemed to be dazed as her arms were spread and her wrists tied to the rigging. Her dress was torn from her to the waist, her back exposed to the crowd. She uttered a little whimper as her hair was tossed off her back.
What happened next would stay with all that witnessed it for the rest of their lives. A bare chested muscular pirate stepped forward with a long 9 tailed whip in his hands. Some of the male slaves moved towards the guards as the first lash landed across her shoulders and her animal like scream wailed over the crowd. Lash after lash bore upon her flesh till her screams got fainter. Blood flowed off her and drenched the waist of her dress till she hung lifeless on the rigging. Tash counted 75 lashes till she could bear no more and stood in transfixed horror at the sight of her friend.
Over now Marie was left hanging there as each slave was forced to walk past her on the way back to their quarters. As Paskelle walked past Marie she touched her neck. There was no pulse.

No pulse? Yikes. 75 lashes is just too much!

Poor Marie, whipped to death pour encourager les autres. Harsh.
Still, maybe she's better off than the others. If what they're facing is a fate worse than death...
Lovely bit of writing, Tash :)

Poor Marie :( 75 lashes! :eek:

Nicely done Tash :)

he wastes his merchandises
It's a disinterested economic calculation.
Yes he wastes the sale of one slave.
Out of about 33 of that group.
So, if the increased obedience of the remaining slaves either raises their sale value by more than 3% each,
(compliant slaves get a better price on average)
or reduces the total cost of ownership by more than 3%
(less rebellion)
... it's a profit.
That's all what counts when you're merchandise...
Quiet will be best...

Murad likes to have sex with the young female slaves. Marie was unfortunate he picked her. He saw something he liked but she was a spirited Cork girl and hurt him physically. He could not allow it to go unpunished or he would lose face in front of his men. Her awful death has deeply affected Tash and the other girls. Tonight he has called for his men to bring Tash. She has decided before they arrived to accept him. She is not willing to witness more hurt and pain amongst the others on the vessel.

Last edited:
Murad likes to have sex with the young female slaves. Marie was unfortunate he picked her. He saw something he liked but she was a spirited Cork girl and hurt him physically. He could not allow it to go unpunished or he would lose face in front of his men. Her awful death has deeply affected Tash and the other girls. Tonight he has called for his men to bring Tash. She has decided before they arrived to accept him. She is not willing to witness more hurt and pain amongst the others on the vessel.
It seems I was too fast with the book production.
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/the-lost-village-by-celtic-virgin.464/
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom