The New Paint.net

Go to CruxDreams.com
T

The Fallen Angel

PEOPLE USING WINDOWS 7 OR 8.

The new Paint.NET 4.0.4 is free and comes with lots of new tools. It is more than adequate to build your own pics using the Madiosi Kit and can be downloaded from
www.snipca.com/14650

It can lasso, clone, magic wand, use layers and all manner of things and it is very easy to use.
NOTE The program installer does not contain any adware.

It's sound well worth checking out!!!
Thanks Melissa!

PEOPLE USING WINDOWS 7 OR 8.

The new Paint.NET 4.0.4 is free and comes with lots of new tools. It is more than adequate to build your own pics using the Madiosi Kit and can be downloaded from
www.snipca.com/14650

It can lasso, clone, magic wand, use layers and all manner of things and it is very easy to use.
NOTE The program installer does not contain any adware.
It's sound well worth checking out!!!
Thanks Melissa!
Paint net is a part of window 7; 8 en the new 10 and you can find it in accessories...........................
if you don't have widows 8...............forget that and wait for windows 10 * 8 is just as bad as vista was

Paint net is a part of window 7; 8 en the new 10 and you can find it in accessories...........................
if you don't have widows 8...............forget that and wait for windows 10 * 8 is just as bad as vista was

And Vista was terrible....glad I still have 7.

Agreed.

The old Paint.net is part of the accessories in Win 7 but it is a poor version of the new one which in many ways resembles Adobe Photoshop.
Screen Shot 12-29-14 at 06.12 PM.PNG

On the subject of Photoshop etc, any fellow Linux users out there will be delighted to learn that Photoshop CS6 now works almost flawlessly in the latest version of Wine. Occasionally you might get an error when you close it (though this might have just been a glitch) but this should not in any way diminish the experience of using it under Linux for those people who still struggle with GIMP...

and it comes with win 10
microsoft- win10 news

Hi Hansie,

It's Onuora from Windows News.

So the word on the street is that Microsoft is working on a new

browser in Windows 10.

This new web browser is codenamed "Spartan" and supposedly will be

a lightweight and faster browser than Internet Explorer.

Microsoft-Spartan-final.jpg

Windows 10 (at least the desktop version) will ship with both

Spartan and IE 11, sources say. IE 11 will be there for

backward-compatibility's sake. Spartan will be available for both

desktop and mobile (phone/tablet) versions of Windows 10, sources

say.

This is really amusing to me for the following reason.

I stopped using IE for ANYTHING after IE 6. The slow browsing and

compatibility issues lost me. Then I moved to Firefox and after a

while that got bloated so I am now firmly a Google Chrome browser

user and swear by it.

I'm conflicted - is a new browser in Windows 10 a good thing or

should Microsoft just fix the browser they have now?

Seems like building a "new", "lightweight" browser is defacto

admission that IE has lost it's way?

Maybe that's just me, what do you think?

Let us know here...

Hope you had a great holiday.

Onuora

Nnigma Inc., 3579 East Foothill Blvd, Suite #254, Pasadena CA 91107

Last edited:
The old Paint.net is part of the accessories in Win 7 but it is a poor version of the new one which in many ways resembles Adobe Photoshop.
View attachment 179058

why do I always buy a new machine just as Microsoft is introducing their latest crap OS? Win 8 bah! Vista did get better after all the fixes, I'm still running it on a desktop.

So Melissa, how does the new Paint stack up against a 14 year old version of Paint Shop Pro ?? :confused:

14 year old version ??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god! How frugal ARE YOU???
:p

View attachment 179058
Hello Melissa,

Thanks for the explanatory follow up showing a download link for Paint.NET 4.0.4 and a workspace window into which several images have been imported.

Unfortunately, Mac users cannot avail themselves of this free program. Alas!

I 'googled' "Madiosi Kit for Mac" but found no links. "The plot thickens..."

Gratefully, Ranger 1.

That's right Madiosi. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Mine is actually 7.04, build July 2001, so not quite 14 :D
Some of the Photoshop filters that I use are even older.
Of course, I am open to be persuaded that the new versions have lots of nifty features that would make upgrading worthwhile :)
I had a trial version of the latest PSP, just didn't find time to use it :-(

Just to make things clear:
First of all, the paint which comes with Windows and the one linked by melissa are two different programs made by two different developers, that is the reason why Paint.net is called like that - to avoid some copyright problems with Microsoft's Paint which comes with all Windows versions.
And second: admihoek, I'm on Win10 currently and there's no Paint.net by default, just a "vanilla" Paint and there will never be - Microsoft uses only their own software.

Oh, and thanks for the link, melissa!

Hello Melissa,

Thanks for the explanatory follow up showing a download link for Paint.NET 4.0.4 and a workspace window into which several images have been imported.

Unfortunately, Mac users cannot avail themselves of this free program. Alas!

I 'googled' "Madiosi Kit for Mac" but found no links. "The plot thickens..."

Gratefully, Ranger 1.
If you buy Parallels Desktop for your Mac then you could run any Windows program also Linux if you wish. The Madiosi Kit is on this site. See previous reply.

why do I always buy a new machine just as Microsoft is introducing their latest crap OS? Win 8 bah! Vista did get better after all the fixes, I'm still running it on a desktop.

So Melissa, how does the new Paint stack up against a 14 year old version of Paint Shop Pro ?? :confused:
How it compares is a very good question. I've only had a brief look at Paint.Net and never seen Paint Shop Pro. I'll post a background, a girl to crucify, some wood, and a soldier or two. You can use the Paint Shop Pro and I'll use Paint.Net then we can compare.

Back
Top Bottom