The Old Firm

Go to CruxDreams.com
Section 6:

“Try to hold still,” said Wragg to Barb.

“Hold still!?” exclaimed Barb, trying to twist around from where she hung on the post, her arms chained above her head so she could barely stand on her toes. This was not easy. Her head twisted around to try to see what Wragg was doing with his whip, and that caused her to go off balance, and her body twisted the other way, bringing her face to face with the post again, while her hips gyrated the other way. She kicked out with one leg, trying to get twisted back again and swung back, her breasts and belly smacking against the rough wood, just as Wragg’s whip arched through the air to connect with her shoulders.

Barb yelped and her body jumped. “Ow!” she yelled. “That hurt!” Messaline sighed.

“It’s all in the cause of science and for your own good,” said Wragg, grinning.

“You could say that in a more serious and sympathetic manner,” suggested Windar. He was sitting in a chair now, with his legs crossed, and an expression on his face that suggested that having Messaline and Barb hanging naked from posts was having some effect on him.

“Perhaps if Erin whipped Barb,” Messaline said.

“Oh,” said Erin quickly, “I couldn’t do that. I’m sworn to protect her.”

“Then protect me!” said Barb. “These guys are whipping me to death.”

“It was one stroke,” said Wragg. “Surely the leader of the Elvish warrior maidens can withstand one stroke.”

“You know what I mean,” said Barb.

“Look,” said Wragg. “Watch this.” He swung the whip which raised red welts on Messaline’s back, giving a satisfactory leathery “whish” sound as it connected. Messaline let out a gasp of breath, but seemed quite satisfied at the same time.

“There,” said Wragg.

“Nothing to it,” said Windar.

“Easy for you to say,” said Barb.

“The thing is,” said Erin doubtfully, “if we’re going to get your memory back.”

“Okay!” said Barb. “I’m the Elf Queen. I remember. Unchain me and we’ll be off to…er…Elfland…Elfville?”

The whip whistled out again and stroked Barb neatly across her bottom. Barb shrieked.

“Now you’ve done it,” she said. “Nobody whips my tight little like that.”

“We might be getting somewhere,” said Wragg. “Just another few strokes, I think, and…what is that thumping sort of noise?”

“Your jacket,” said Windar, “is making it, and it seems to be glowing or pulsating as well.”

The jacket was indeed pulsating with a soft pinkish glow, and a thumping sound, like a heartbeat was coming from it.

“Oh no,” said Erin. “That means…”

“We’re all going to be in trouble?” said Messaline.

“I have to go,” said Wragg, dropping his whip. “I hope I’m not too late. Windar, be a good chap and let the girls down, would you?” He grabbed his jacket and ran out of the dungeon.

“Well,” said Windar. “That was mysterious, don’t you think? Anyone else have some idea what’s going on?” He looked at Erin as he began to unshackle Barb and Messaline.

Erin was pulling on her leggings and tunic. “We need to fortify this place,” she said. “Trouble will be right behind Wragg when he gets back.”

Eulalia had had better days, or at least less painful ones. Phlebas had finished driving nails through the insteps of both feet and she was now stretched in a bleeding X shape on the cross.

She was exhausted and sagged, hanging by her arms, causing her legs to spread wider. She wondered why they were doing this. They weren’t asking questions any more. Jollyrei was just sitting at the table, finishing a cup of tea, and occasionally offering a comment.

“So our employer is a woman?” asked Phlebas. “Only you said “sir” when, er, he called.”

“It’s a bit difficult to say, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei, his cup clinking neatly into its saucer. “One is unsure of the proper pronoun in some cases. I have not met our patron personally, but I understand there is a question as to whether he or she is strictly human. I believe “he” would be the best choice, upon reflection.”

“Sort of like us then, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“Interesting point, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei. “Do you have much more to do there?”

“Almost done,” said Phlebas. He was standing in front of her with a set of steel claws. They looked quite sharp.

“I…don’t suppose,” she managed to gasp, “that if I told you where Barb is now, you’d spare my life?”

Phlebas shrugged and turned to Jollyrei.

“I think,” said Jollyrei, “that the time for prevarication is past. The answer, dear girl, is no. Our employer has apparently discovered that location, which fits with what we know of you and your associates. You have become superfluous to requirements.”

“Ahem,” said Phlebas.

“Correction,” said Jollyrei, “superfluous to all but the most esoteric requirements of Mr. Phlebas.”

Phlebas raked the claws expertly across Eulalia’s ribcage, under her breasts. She stiffened and writhed, letting out a moan. Phlebas examined his work as Eulalia sagged on the cross again. He raked the claws across the ribs on the other side. She hardly moved anymore, but let out a sobbing wail.

“Symmetry, Mr. Jollyrei,” he said.

He had raked claws across her ribs, inserted hooks in her breasts, and inserted red hot needles into almost any sensitive skin she had. He had even found inventive spots that she hadn’t realized were sensitive. She had to admire his knowledge of female anatomy.

“That was a less than convincing scream that last time,” Jollyrei said. He strolled over and looked at the despondent woman hanging on the cross, her once smooth body now an artist’s palate of hardware, welts, burns, and blood.

“It’s a lot of blood, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei.

“Lovely blood, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“One might question the artistic need for such ostentatious expression, especially since we were finished with our questioning. It could be said to lack subtlety.”

“She’s a bit past her peak performance, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas, reaching for his now red hot poker. The handle itself made a sizzling noise as he picked it up, but he didn’t seem to mind.

Eulalia stared at it in terror. As dull as her senses were, and as resigned to her fate as she was now, she was surprised that she still had that fear. Phlebas surveyed the woman hanging in front of him. He glanced at the red tip of the poker and then down to the junction of her spread thighs.

“I don’t think this will result in blood, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas , stepping in front of Eulalia.

“No,” she whispered, or groaned. “No more…”

He inserted the poker. Eulalia’s eyes went wide and her mouth opened in shock and a silent scream that nevertheless seemed deafening, as her body stiffened and thrashed, threatening to pull out the nails in her feet. The sound the poker made was indescribable.

“I like it when they beg, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

Jollyrei raised an eyebrow as he took a sip of his tea.

“You’ve never been to the Elf lands,” said Erin.

“Then how can I be your Queen?” asked Barb.

“You just are,” said Erin. “We admire your rebellious spirit, your opposition to oppression, and your sense of self-sacrifice. We are inspired by your courage.”

“Courage and sacrifice are very important,” agreed Messaline.

“I’m not into self-sacrifice,” said Barb. Erin looked surprised. Messaline looked skeptical.

“I just seem to get into a lot of trouble,” said Barb. “It’s not my fault!”

“That’s why I am to protect you,” said Erin. “You fight against the injustice and wrong, and this puts you in danger. But your dedication, sense of honour, and leadership inspire us.”

“Do I make laws and things?” asked Barb.

“No,” said Erin, “ that’s not really how it works. Elves don’t like laws much. But if you die, we would be upset.”

“Wow,” said Barb. “I’m not sure I’m ready for all that responsibility.”

“She is not going to die,” said Messaline. “Your Elves and my Amazons will be here soon…I hope.”

“We’re not going down without a fight!” exclaimed Barb. “No more being a slave!” She wondered why it sounded like her voice saying that. Then she realized it was her.

“See?” said Erin. “How could we not admire that?”

“I don’t know what I’m doing,” muttered Barb, “but I’m tired of being pushed around and whipped.”

Messaline patted her on the shoulder. Barb embraced Messaline. Then Messaline kissed Barb, and soon there were swishes of fabric, the exposing of legs, and then various parts got a bit wet, and other pink parts became tumescent. Tongues and fingers were used to good effect until…

"Gaahh!” said Barb.

“Well, you know what you’re doing there anyway,” said Erin cheerfully.

“I think she’s dead, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas somewhat sheepishly. He pulled the poker out of Eulalia’s abdomen between her thighs where he had finally impaled her.

“I can’t see how you could possibly be surprised by that, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei. “Your art is rather hard on your subjects.”

“What do we do now?” asked Phlebas.

“Take her down and lay her out somewhere,” said Jollyrei.

“Lay her out?” asked Phlebas.

“We are not barbarians, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei. “The late Lady Eulalia has been a good sport, and…”

“…now she’s a corpse.” said Phlebas.

“I was going to say she deserves a farewell gesture,” finished Jollyrei. “And it makes things easier for the wolves and such. “

“Environmentally friendly,” said Phlebas. “Nature taking its course.”

“Then we have a lot of time to kill until we get to where the Lady Barbara is, or will be, anyway.”

“Perhaps we could kill a few other things, or people, along the way, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“Hope springs eternal, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei.

Wragg crept down into the ruined cellar. The box in his pocket was throbbing insistently now, the pink glow having turned a bright red. He hoped there were no dangerous animals, or…other things down in the cellar. He only had a knife.

He had run from the dungeon, cursing Phlebas and Jollyrei, and cursing Eulalia for having gotten him into this mess. Then he remembered to curse himself roundly for getting all bothered and interested in Barb in the first place, which had caused him to reach out to Eulalia. He jumped into the fountain in front of the Abbey, found the right way to get soaked to the skin, and then dived forward directly at an ornamental brass duck.

He emerged wet and shivering on the lawn of Eulalia’s cottage, centuries before. The cottage was burning cheerfully. Wragg panicked and looked around. There were no potential assailants, assassins, or culprits of any sort around. “Still,” said Wragg through chattering teeth, “don’t let’s hang about.” He ran off down the track to the main road, guided, it seemed, by the insistent and now live box in his pocket. He grabbed a peasant dress from the clothesline as he passed the gate, and then he was off.

Now here he was in the semi-gloom of the cellar. There was a small table, neatly set, with the remains of a tea service. There was a smell of embers. Most ominously, there was an empty St. Andrew’s cross against the far wall. “Cozy,” muttered Wragg.

He crept forward quietly, hand on his sword hilt, wishing he had brought pistols. “That would show those Roman bastards,” he thought. There didn’t seem to be any danger. “They’re long gone by now,” said Wragg to himself. “They burned the cottage and are off. If they know about the cottage, they know about me, and Windar, and Barb. Never mind, one thing at a time.”

He pulled a small torch out of his pocket and turned it on (despite the fact that batteries would not be invented for another thousand or so years). He shone it around the room. It was quite empty.

He climbed carefully up the ruined stairs and his torch revealed a trail of bent grass leading into a forested area. He followed it. Clouds were rolling in obscuring the moon.

“Just my luck,” he muttered. “Just after I dry off from that fountain portal, now I’m going to get rained on.” He pressed on into the forest, moving more carefully in the growing gloom. His torch suggested there was a clearing up ahead, and the box in his pocket was throbbing insistently, suggesting he was close. He turned off the torch, not wanting to alert anyone that might be in the clearing.

It looked pretty empty, but it was hard to tell. It was really quite dark now, he carefully edged into the clearing, moving slowly and cautiously. Watching the ground for anything that looked like a clue.

There was a sudden flash of lightning. It illuminated the scene in front of him, a small circle of flowers around Eulalia’s body. He crouched down fumbling for his torch. Another flash of lightning showed that he was face to face with what was left of Eulalia’s face. He yelled in shock and surprise.

“Oh my,” gasped Wragg looking along the broken body. “Poor Eulalia. What did they do to you? If I had known…stupid, stupid, girl!” He was shouting that last bit. “I mean, what in all the hells were you thinking!?”

He sat down and just stared at the broken and bloody form on the ground. He pulled out the box. It was a solid red glow now, with a dark box shape in the centre. He nodded.

He set the box down on Eulalia’s chest, just under her breasts. Then he went to work, removing hooks and needles as gently as he could. He noticed the burned destruction of her genitals and decided he didn’t need to look too closely at that. He took out his water bottle and a handkerchief and washed her face.

“This better work, Eul,” he said quietly, “or I’m going to be very upset.” Then he thought about it and said, “and I don’t suppose you’re too happy about it either.”

He placed the wrecks of her hands over the box, folding them together as best he could, noting the damage the nails had done to her wrists. When he was satisfied, he sat back and looked her over. He pulled a blanket and the peasant dress out of his satchel, and laid them beside him. Then he reached over, under Eul’s hands, and pressed an intricate inlay design in the box.

Then he sat down to wait.

“You might have asked the girl about a portal, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“You are quite correct, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei. “I do apologize. I can only imagine that I was distracted by our employer calling in the middle of our interrogation, and then, of course, she was dead.”

“Sorry, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas. “Anyway, it wasn’t a total loss.”

“No,” said Jollyrei, “but I do dislike having to go the long way around.”

“We could go by way of Germany,” said Phlebas. “Starting a war might be a diversion. I bet we could start one to last 30 years.”

“Didn’t we do that once already?” asked Jollyrei.

“Hard to remember all the details, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“Ah well, Mr. Phlebas, only a few more centuries to go. We will, I’m sure, find something to divert us along the way. We have time. Our quarry does not.”

“Funny how that works, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas. He tossed a burned out torch into the undergrowth.

The fortifications of the Abbey were proceeding. It was pretty fortified already, being an old castle built when marauders were not just a fancy word, but an ordinary occurrence. Much of the work was done inside, finding defensible rooms and making sure doors could be barricaded. Messaline also was keen on finding an escape route.

“In case we need to get out and circle back,” she said to Erin. Erin nodded in agreement. Windar looked skeptical.

“Circle back for what?” asked Barb.

“To attack,” said Messaline.

“So, we’re going to escape,” said Barb, “only to return to danger.”

“I think the ladies mean,” said Windar, “that our foe is not going to give up until they are defeated. Escape is not really a final option.”

“Right,” said Erin. “We can’t kill Phlebas and Jollyrei. They aren’t like that. And they just keep coming. Right now they’re on their way, if I understand Wragg correctly. They could be here any minute.”

“But they’re way far away in the past,” said Barb.

“Yes, but they are coming through time. As long as it takes, they can make it so they arrive here in this century, right when we are now, and where we are now.”

“But,” said Barb, “nobody can just walk through time.”

“They don’t have to. They just have to walk here and wait until time passes, and when it gets to today, they arrive,” said Erin.

“The only reason more people don’t do that,” said Windar, “is that they have a tendency to die if they wait longer than about 80 years.”

“Phlebas and Jollyrei aren’t people,” said Erin. “Not like normal people anyway.”

“Do you suppose we could divert the river to flood the old moat?” asked Windar. “That might slow them down.”

“Who would do that?” asked Messaline. “We don’t have any workmen. I don’t think your chambermaids are up to it.”

“I thought perhaps your Amazons could do it, when they arrive,” said Windar.

“You would like them to dig a channel from the river,” said Messaline.

“If they could take their breastplates off, it would be cooler for them,” said Windar, “and we could set up an observation post here to watch their progress, and…them…while they were digging.”

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” said Barb sardonically.

“It would be a diversion,” said Windar.

“For whom?” asked Messaline.

“Even so,” said Erin, “the moat is a good idea. We need to make this place as secure as possible.”

“We can figure that out when my Amazons and your Elves get here, if they get here in time.”

“Hey,” said a voice. They all looked up. There was a large red squirrel on a stump.

“I don’t suppose,” said the squirrel, “that you might give a weary traveller a place to sleep for the night? It’s dangerous out here sometimes.”

“Great,” said Windar. “Talking squirrels. What next?”

“I heard you talking about the Old Firm,” said the squirrel. “We squirrels hear things. Take me in and I’ll tell you what I know.”

“I like him,” said Messaline.

“Why not,” said Windar. “It’ll break up the monotony.”

“What monotony?” asked Barb.

to be continued...

“I just seem to get into a lot of trouble,” said Barb. “It’s not my fault!”

Never my fault! Things just happen :confused:

“I don’t know what I’m doing,” muttered Barb, “but I’m tired of being pushed around and whipped.”

Yeahhhhhh :mad:

Marvelous writing Jolly. I giggled all the way through it. :)

Last edited:
Section 6:

“Hey,” said a voice. They all looked up. There was a large red squirrel on a stump.

“I don’t suppose,” said the squirrel, “that you might give a weary traveller a place to sleep for the night? It’s dangerous out here sometimes.”

“Great,” said Windar. “Talking squirrels. What next?”

“I heard you talking about the Old Firm,” said the squirrel. “We squirrels hear things. Take me in and I’ll tell you what I know.”

“I like him,” said Messaline.

“Why not,” said Windar. “It’ll break up the monotony.”

“What monotony?” asked Barb.

to be continued...

Well bang goes the neighbourhood

A fine episode My Jollyrei

“It’s all in the cause of science and for your own good,” said Wragg, grinning.
Science....yes, I see. That's what they calling it now...
“Now you’ve done it,” she said. “Nobody whips my tight little like that.”
Really? There's quite a list...
Trouble will be right behind Wragg when he gets back.”
As usual...
“Perhaps we could kill a few other things, or people, along the way, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“Hope springs eternal, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei.
“Right,” said Erin. “We can’t kill Phlebas and Jollyrei. They aren’t like that. And they just keep coming.
I think I saw that movie. Do either of you have an Austrian accent and the desire to be Governor of California?

Another good chapter.

:doh: It's a pity that I'm not alerted of each episode : I was only stayed at the 4th ! :confused:

And I could miss the flagellation'scene !! I think that the whip is the best thing to caress the woman'body : only women have the requisite bendings to get the lashes of a whip which are so much delightfully winding around ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oh yes, even an amazon can have some ....... curious wishes ... :D

mistress-whipped-slave-naked-girl.gifgif

Trouble will be right behind Wragg
Well, that part certainly sparkles with verisimilitude.... :rolleyes:

“You’ve never been to the Elf lands,”
What? Really? Oh..... :(

“I just seem to get into a lot of trouble,” said Barb.
More verisimilitude... is this actually a true story, Jollyrei? :confused:

“I was going to say she deserves a farewell gesture,” finished Jollyrei.
He's all heart. :doh:

He grabbed a peasant dress
Oi! I don't wear dresses! :mad:

they have a tendency to die if they wait longer than about 80 years.
Yes, that makes time travel a real pain. Travelling through time at 24 hours to a day. :rolleyes:

There was a large red squirrel on a stump.
Yay! We're saved! :)

Fabulous, Jollyrei! Fab. U. Lous! :clapping::clapping:

Phlebas raked the claws expertly across Eulalia’s ribcage, under her breasts. She stiffened and writhed, letting out a moan. Phlebas examined his work as Eulalia sagged on the cross again. He raked the claws across the ribs on the other side. She hardly moved anymore, but let out a sobbing wail.

“Symmetry, Mr. Jollyrei,” he said.

He had raked claws across her ribs, inserted hooks in her breasts, and inserted red hot needles into almost any sensitive skin she had. He had even found inventive spots that she hadn’t realized were sensitive. She had to admire his knowledge of female anatomy.

“That was a less than convincing scream that last time,” Jollyrei said. He strolled over and looked at the despondent woman hanging on the cross, her once smooth body now an artist’s palate of hardware, welts, burns, and blood.

“It’s a lot of blood, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei.

“Lovely blood, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“One might question the artistic need for such ostentatious expression, especially since we were finished with our questioning. It could be said to lack subtlety.”

“She’s a bit past her peak performance, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas, reaching for his now red hot poker. The handle itself made a sizzling noise as he picked it up, but he didn’t seem to mind.

Eulalia stared at it in terror. As dull as her senses were, and as resigned to her fate as she was now, she was surprised that she still had that fear. Phlebas surveyed the woman hanging in front of him. He glanced at the red tip of the poker and then down to the junction of her spread thighs.

“I don’t think this will result in blood, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas , stepping in front of Eulalia.

“No,” she whispered, or groaned. “No more…”
Indeed, you have portrayed me on an off-day, maybe the time of the month -
but my saintly namesake when engraved with sharp hooks
cheekily thanked her tormentors for drawing the sign of the cross on her body -
being already crucified I might feel that a little redundant,
but you may be assured I would congratulate you on the elegant taste and symmetry of your artwork.

you may be assured I would congratulate you on the elegant taste and symmetry of your artwork.
I do apologise if I have perhaps misrepresented your character regarding the lack of cheek in her responses. :oops::confused: You were, however, supposed to be dying. Most people are not at their most lively and effervescent at that point (even acknowledging the remarkable characteristics of your namesake(s)). ;)

That said, I feel certain that Mr. Phlebas will appreciate your comments on his artistry. :devil:

Last edited:
Section 7:

The small wooden box with the mother-of-pearl inlay design sat in its reddish glow on Eulalia’s sternum, just below her breasts. She seemed quite dead, Wragg thought. Indeed, if she wasn’t, the box shouldn’t glow at all. That was how these things worked, if they worked at all, and the glow was what had brought him charging from his comfortable Abbey somewhere in England to this place which was somewhere… It was somewhere, and considerably earlier than when he left the Abbey. About 1000 years, he figured.

He made sure he had the peasant dress that he had rescued from the wash line at Eulalia’s cottage, and he laid it out carefully on a dry-ish and reasonably clean patch of turf. Then he removed his jacket and laid it on the turf as well. He might need his arms free and his jacket felt tight somehow.

He wasn’t sure what would happen. He had heard of these things, but he hadn’t ever done this.

He made sure Eulalia’s body was lying in what looked like a comfortable position. Strangely, after brutally killing her, Jollyrei and Phlebas had taken a fair bit of trouble to make her comfortable, if the dead are comfortable. She even had a sort of moss covered mound of earth as a pillow. What she didn’t have was a blanket or any covering at all, so she lay pale and naked with her hands clasped around the box on her chest, surrounded by the grass in the meadow.

Wragg experimentally poked the box. As his finger touched the mother of pearl, the box made a “click” sound and then it suddenly flew apart.

“Bugger!” exclaimed Wragg as a small wooden panel streaked past his left ear, and he jumped backwards. Then as he watched from between Eulalia’s breasts and hands, tendrils of red and gold light started to envelop her body until she was encased in gossamer ribbons of light. Wragg stared in fascination. The light grew in intensity, as the strands coiled around the body, into her ears, nose, mouth and vagina.

Suddenly there was a flash and a rushing wind sound. Eulalia’s body stiffened and started to rise off its pallet in the meadow.

Wragg had been carrying on a pleasant internal debate on whether to watch and observe the various places into which the tendrils of light were entering Eulalia’s body, and was making a solid case for how this was perfectly fine, and probably just a part of regular scientific study, considering that Eulalia was dead. His counter-arguments about how this was just indecent were less convincing, even despite the fact that he was making both arguments. Nevertheless, when Eulalia started floating, he had a moment of panic that she might float completely away, and he sprang into action.

More to the point, he sprang onto the supine naked female form to try to hold her down. This had the desired effect of pressing Eulalia back to the makeshift “bed” she had just floated up from, but Wragg was also immediately caught in the ribbons of light.

He was engulfed by dazzling red and gold, and he realized that it was true – Eulalia had stashed part of her life force in the box for safe-keeping, in case anything happened to her, and now Wragg could feel it flowing around him, finding it’s place in Eulalia’s body again, healing the wounds and making her alive again. He watched in fascination as the wounds in her breasts, across her ribs and on her shoulders closed and healed, leaving only faint scars.

The light grew more passionately bright, and suddenly hotter. A cry came from Eulalia’s body as the light turned to fire. Wragg’s clothes were suddenly on fire, and then they were gone, blowing leaves of ash. Eulalia’s body stretched below him and began to spin and roll as both she and the now naked Wragg started to float up again. To keep his balance, Wragg threw his arms around her. As if in answer, her legs wrapped around his waist.

Then she screamed. It sounded less like terror, and more like surprise, and shock, and a kind of joy, and at the same time Wragg had the most intense full body orgasm that he had had in…well some time anyway. He gave a surprised (and not displeased) yell, and was thrown off Eulalia back onto what now felt like very cold turf. He lay gasping on the ground, wondering what had just happened to him.

There was a sound near him. Breathing.

He looked up, down his torso, and past the parts that still remembered the intensity of sensation. He was sure he hadn’t actually tried to do anything with her – there are things you don’t do with dead people, after all. But she hadn’t seemed dead; she had wrapped her legs around him. What was a man supposed to do? But he hadn’t, to his recollection, done anything. He had just come, in a most spectacular fashion, and certainly those bits of him seemed quite happy to try it again. He set those ideas to one side for the moment as he regarded Eulalia.

She was still naked, but now no longer bruised and torn with wounds. She was a young woman with dark hair, curled up on the ground in what seemed like a comfortable position and she was breathing.

“So,” said Wragg, “ it worked.”

“What worked?” asked Eulalia groggily, trying to open her eyes. And then, “oh gods! No more! Please!” And then she was sitting bolt upright, ready to flee, and staring at Wragg. Wragg took her hand, reassuringly he hoped, and also to stop her running away into the forest.

“It’s okay now,” said Wragg, “I think.” He added, “for the time being anyway,” which seemed more accurate.

“How?” Eulalia croaked.

“How did I find you?” asked Wragg. “Well, I followed the signals on the box. It’s okay. Jollyrei and Phlebas seem to be gone. I did as you told me, and the box did the rest. I’m glad to see you, er, again. You looked pretty bad when I arrived.”

“I feel pretty awful still,” groaned Eulalia. “It’ll get better, but some things take longer to heal. I’m cold,” she added.

“I brought you a dress to wear,” said Wragg, handing her the peasant dress. "I suppose I should have brought a thermos flask of something hot, too."

“You’re sweet,” she said and gratefully pulled it over her head. “You did all this for me and I have nothing for you.”

Wragg thought about the intense climax he’d just had a few minutes ago, and surreptitiously moved his leg so Eulalia wouldn’t see his growing arousal again. “I wouldn’t exactly say that,” he said, trying to sound gallant.

Eulalia looked at Wragg as if seeing him for the first time, and indeed it may have been the first time she had seen quite so much of him. She frowned in concentration, as if there was something bothering her. “Why are you naked?”

“Long story,” said Wragg.

“And what did you mean by "I wouldn't exactly say that"?" What exactly happened when I was, er, reviving?" asked Eulalia.

Wragg grabbed his jacket and pulled it on. It covered him down to the mid-waist, which is to say, almost not at all in the below the belt areas. “Wow,” he said manically, “Is that the time? We should go.” He jumped up from the turf. “Shall we go? Come on!”

Eulalia looked at him skeptically and raised an eyebrow.

“Right,” said Windar, sliding the bolts of the heavy oak front door. “We should be safe for the moment. The bolts are set, and there’s an alarm system.”

“What does the alarm do?” asked Barb. “Does it call the police, or the army or something?”

“Um,” said Windar, “not so much. It makes a fantastic noise though.”

“It doesn’t call anyone?” asked Messaline. “What is the point?”

“Well,” said Windar, “due to the interesting situation of the Abbey, and indeed all of Cruxton, we are sort of in England, and then again, we’re, um, sort of not…”

“Where are we?” asked Barb.

“It’s sort of like the Elf lands,” said the large black squirrel. “It’s there, only hard to find. Best thing is to think that you’re here.”

“Squirrels are always so practical,” said Messaline. “I know a squirrel. Perhaps you have met.”

“There are a lot of squirrels,” said the squirrel.

“This is ridiculous,” said Barb. “I’m being chased by people who aren’t people, so I come to an Abbey that isn’t really there, and I’m debating defenses with an American butler, an Amazon French woman, and an Elf warrior. Now I’m getting philosophy from a big black talking squirrel.”

“Lucky you,” said Messaline cheerfully.

“I think we should be on our guard,” said Erin. “I don’t like our defenses. Something is keeping my warriors from arriving, and the Amazons aren’t here either, and now there is this squirrel. I don’t know this squirrel, no offense meant,” she said, “as long as you’re a friend.”

“None taken,” said the squirrel. “We can be friends later, I hope. For now, I’m the one who knows something about the Old Firm.”

“Well, that’s something,” said Erin.

“My squirrel is also helpful,” said Messaline, “when he isn’t being a complete nuisance.”

Windar led the way down the hall to a large lounge. There was a cheerful fire in the fireplace, books in shelves on the walls, and various portraits of nude young women either hanging provocatively on crosses, or bound sensuously to posts. The Wragg line of Abbots and Lords clearly had a singular taste in art.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” muttered Barb.

Everyone went in and sat down in large armchairs or on the sofa near the fire.

“Now,” said Windar, “perhaps Mr. Squirrel here could tell us what he thinks we all should know. By the way,” he added, “do you have a name?”

“Woodrunning Rodent,” offered the squirrel.

“Woodrunning?” asked Messaline. “Are all Squirrrels named Rodent as well?”

“Not all,” said the squirrel, “but the Rodents are a large and ancient family.”

“May we call you Woody?” asked Barb

“If you must,” said Woodrunning. “I suppose it’s better than Nutkin.”

“Why would we call you Nutkin?” asked Erin.

“People do,” said the squirrel darkly.

“About the Old Firm?” said Windar impatiently. “Only we’re a bit under the gun here.”

“Right,” said Woodrunning. “They are working for someone. They don’t just do things on their own. Well, they do, sometimes, but that’s more random, like random murders and things. This is clearly a contract with an objective, notably Ms. Barb there. I suspect this is a full assault on the Elf lands.”

“A full assault?” said Messaline. “There are only two.”

“Yes, but have you tried to kill them?” asked Woodrunning.

“I have,” said Erin. “It’s…not easy.”

“It’s never been done,” said Woodrunning.

“Of course it’s never been done!” said Barb impatiently. “They’re still alive. Obviously they haven’t been killed! Geez!”

“Okay,” said Woodrunning, “good point. Anyway, I have reason to believe that the employer of these, er, gentlemen, will likely try to infiltrate your house. He’ll be looking for a way in.”

“All things we could have figured out,” said Windar. “Why are you telling us this?”

“Yes,” said Erin. “How is it that you just show up, conveniently to tell us?”

“Can’t a squirrel just want to do the right thing?” asked Woodrunning.

“Of course,” said Messaline. “It’s just that squirrels are so…um…mischievious.”

“Stereotypes,” said Woodrunning.

“What are we supposed to do about this infiltrating employer of the Old Firm?” asked Barb, “if you’re being so helpful.”

“I can go out running. Nobody will notice me – I’m a squirrel. I can figure out who it is, and bring intelligence back here. Sort of be your eyes and ears.”

“Do we trust you though?” said Erin.

“I don’t see what harm it will do if he goes out,” said Messaline. “If he wants to betray us, he will be outside.”

“Fine,” said Barb. “I agree with that part.”

“I’m happier with him outside as well,” said Erin.

“Okay,” said Windar. “We’ll play it your way for now, Mr. Rodent.”

“You’ll see what I can do,” said Woodrunner. “This will be great. If you catch the employer, you can stop the Old Firm.” He bowed to the ladies and then jumped out the window. “I’ll be back!” he called.

“Strange fellow,” said Windar.

“Are we almost there, Mr. Jollyrei?” asked Phlebas.

“Only a century or so to go, Mr. Phlebas. Try to be a little bit patient. After all, it’s 1918 and you’ve had a lovely rampage through Flanders.”

“But now they’ve all declared peace again, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“Perhaps we should go to Russia, Mr. Phlebas,” said Jollyrei. “I hear they’re having a revolution and civil war.”

“I should just check the train schedules, then, Mr. Jollyrei,” said Phlebas.

“You can’t go like that,” said Eulalia reasonably.

“Why not,” said Wragg. “No time like the present. Travel light, I say. Anyway, I seem to have, er, lost my trousers…um…somehow.”

“Here,” said Eulalia, who was looking better by the minute. Well, better in the sense of her overall health. She didn’t look quite so groggy, injured, weak, and so forth. On the other hand, there was something about Eulalia out of a dress that Wragg felt was somehow better than her in the dress, but he considered philosophically that one couldn’t always have everything. His interest was piqued however by Eulalia tearing a strip off the bottom of her dress.

She handed him the strip of lace-trimmed white cloth.

“What’s that for?” he asked.

“I thought you could use it to fashion some sort of clothing for your, er, more manly bits there,” said Eulalia.

Wragg looked at the cloth, and then at himself below his jacket. There was a stirring at the mention of his “manly bits”. He felt that this sort of stirring was likely to happen somewhat frequently in the proximity of a young woman whose peasant dress now had a distinct “miniskirt” motif, and who was wearing no knickers, and they did have some distance to go. Not the time for that sort of thing, he thought, and a loincloth might be just the thing, if only for immediate practicality.

“Good thinking,” he said. He wrapped the cloth around his waist and groin area and tied it securely into a secure loincloth. “There,” he said. “How’s that?”

“You look sort of like a futuristic road warrior, but the lace adds a dashing and yet somehow delicate nuance to your overall ensemble,” said Eulalia.

“You’re just pulling my chain now,” said Wragg.

“Come on,” said Eulalia. “We’d better go see if we can help stop the Old Firm. If it makes you feel better, some of the most ruthless pirates used to wear lace.”

“It does, actually,” said Wragg and stood up straight in what he hoped was a dashing pose.

“Normally they wore it at their necks and cuffs,” said Eulalia, cheekily.

“Hey!” said Wragg. “I rescue you and all, and this is the thanks I get?”

“Come on,” Eulalia said. She kissed Wragg on the cheek as she passed him.

Wragg looked at Eulalia’s bottom, showing in tantalizing glimpses below the hem of the now shortened skirt of her dress as she walked off down the forest path. One took inspiration where it presented itself, he reckoned.

“Right,” he murmured to himself, “things to do.” He followed the pretty girl with the pretty bottom.

For that moment, he felt quite happy.

To be continued…

Wragg’s clothes were suddenly on fire, and then they were gone, blowing leaves of ash.

Well, that sure beats hopping about on one foot trying to get a sock off... :rolleyes:

It was somewhere, and considerably earlier than when he left the Abbey. About 1000 years, he figured.
Wragg had the most intense full body orgasm that he had had in…well some time anyway.
About minus 1000 years, by my reckoning! The best, as they say, is yet to come! :)

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” muttered Barb.
Not at all, Barb. This is a serious and academic piece of historical research. ;)

The Wragg line of Abbots and Lords clearly had a singular taste in art.
Oh yes... we Wragg's always know quality art when we see it! :elboinas:

Wragg looked at Eulalia’s bottom, showing in tantalizing glimpses below the hem of the now shortened skirt of her dress as she walked off down the forest path. One took inspiration where it presented itself, he reckoned.

I rest my case! :)

Well, I must say that my alter ego had a very good time during that chapter! :)

Do we have to go back to the future? Couldn't I just stay a thousand years in the past with Eulalia? :bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::rolleyes:

Yes my alter ego seems to be coming out if this better than seemed likely an episode or so ago ...
Wragg in a hacking jacket and Gunga Din loincloth would certainly be an impressive escort
for a lately resurrected eul in a retro mini (well, either very retro or very avant in 1018)

and various portraits of nude young women either hanging provocatively on crosses, or bound sensuously to posts. The Wragg line of Abbots and Lords clearly had a singular taste in art.
Old Firm gallery 1.jpg :)

“This is ridiculous,” said Barb. “I’m being chased by people who aren’t people, so I come to an Abbey that isn’t really there, and I’m debating defenses with an American butler, an Amazon French woman, and an Elf warrior. Now I’m getting philosophy from a big black talking squirrel.”

Stranger things have happened, but this is pretty ridiculous! :p

Back
Top Bottom