The Olympic Crux

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
The Olympic Crux…

Even before the 2016 Olympics there was grumbling that the games had strayed too far from its ancient roots. Except for shotput, discus, javelin, and perhaps wrestling and some running events most sports have nothing to do with the ancient games. Ideas were floated such as doing all games done naked but the American TV networks were squeamish about trying to get the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to even allow them to broadcast the games. After much discussion it was decided to try an experimental game during the 2024 games. The ‘sport’ would be women’s crucifixion.

It was chosen because no one really believed any woman would agree to participate or would the sponsors or networks agree to touch the sport. But after Los Angeles was chosen for the 2024 Games and Racing Rodent Video Productions and the Crux Chronicle agreed to cover and underwrite sport. As a web-based and satellite/cable video company RR Video is not constrained by the American FCC. And once it was announced that the women’s crucifixion would be held in the LA Coliseum applications flooded in!

The initial rules were:

• All participants must submit to a DNA test that verifies they are genetically female

• No participant may have been (on this thread) previously nailed to a cross.

• Timing begins when the cross is raised.

• All participants must carry her cross twice around the 400 meter track, up the dirt and stone ramp that would cover the steps leading up to the east arches at the top of the stadium bowl then back to down to mid-field to be crucified.

• Any participant taking longer than one hour to complete the cross-carry would be crucified for three hours. Those under the hour limit could capitulate any time after one hour.

• From the time the participant accepts her cross no food can be provided and water not be provided from the time the participant accepts her cross until three hours after her cross is raised. At that time and every three hours after a liter of water may be provided but the athlete has fifteen minutes to consume what she can before the water is withdrawn.

• Athletes must be of legal age four years and one day before the start of the event to apply for the team. There are no upper age restrictions.

• Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals are awarded to the third, second, and last to capitulate. Death while crucified is a disqualification. All stand IOC drug and substance tests apply.
It would seem the rules were pretty straightforward but almost immediately the International Brotherhood of Master Crucifixion Technicians (IBMCT) sent a letter to the IOC expressing their concerns and the rules would indeed be tweaked but that is for another post…

Tree

Last edited:
Define "capitulate" please :D

Are cornus legal?

Does each athlete get to have a "nailing and raising" team?

Must teams be "nationally sponsored or can states and provinces sponsor entries?
"Capitulate" means the athlete gives up or the team manager 'tosses in the towel' on her behalf.

No cornus...

'Nailing and raising' team will be discussed in the revised rules soon coming. Entities recognized by the IOC can enter but a 'blue state' and a 'red state' in the US cannot be entered unless chosen by the USOC.

View attachment 378709 What a pity that it couldn't exist ! Messa is ready to sponsor in offerting all the crosses if only this tag could be fixed to each of them ...

Tree was rather hoping you would represent France in the Games...

Tree

"Capitulate" means the athlete gives up or the team manager 'tosses in the towel' on her behalf.

Right. Gotcha ;)

No cornus...

:oops::confused:

'Nailing and raising' team will be discussed in the revised rules soon coming. Entities recognized by the IOC can enter but a 'blue state' and a 'red state' in the US cannot be entered unless chosen by the USOC.

I am afraid to ask, but who is on the USOC? That's not part of the presidential election is it? :rolleyes:

The Olympic Crux…

The ‘sport’ would be women’s crucifixion.

• All participants must submit to a DNA test that verifies they are genetically female
After extensive lobbying by major share holders (most notably Gerbils Organised For Equal Rights or GOFER) RR Video proposes that the sport be divided into Female and Male events and consideration be given to its inclusion in the Paralympic Games in various categories.

We also would quite like to see events for non-binary persons because hey, that will piss Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague right off :devil:

After extensive lobbying by major share holders (most notably Gerbils Organised For Equal Rights or GOFER) RR Video proposes that the sport be divided into Female and Male events and consideration be given to its inclusion in the Paralympic Games in various categories.

We also would quite like to see events for non-binary persons because hey, that will piss Xyulo - wanted by criminal international court in The Hague right off :devil:
For 2024 this will be only a women's event. Get back to me in a dozen years and we can talk about 2018...
Are the back up teams like the pit stop teams in a grand prix? Can they get Barb stripped, whipped, and crucified in under ten seconds? :D
A 10 second pits stop in an F1 race will lose it for the driver:eek:

The Olympic Crux…

Even before the 2016 Olympics there was grumbling that the games had strayed too far from its ancient roots. Except for shotput, discus, javelin, and perhaps wrestling and some running events most sports have nothing to do with the ancient games. Ideas were floated such as doing all games done naked but the American TV networks were squeamish about trying to get the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to even allow them to broadcast the games. After much discussion it was decided to try an experimental game during the 2024 games. The ‘sport’ would be women’s crucifixion.

It was chosen because no one really believed any woman would agree to participate or would the sponsors or networks agree to touch the sport. But after Los Angeles was chosen for the 2024 Games and Racing Rodent Video Productions and the Crux Chronicle agreed to cover and underwrite sport. As a web-based and satellite/cable video company RR Video is not constrained by the American FCC. And once it was announced that the women’s crucifixion would be held in the LA Coliseum applications flooded in!

The initial rules were:

• All participants must carry her cross twice around the 400 meter track, up the dirt and stone ramp that would cover the steps leading up to the east arches at the top of the stadium bowl then back to down to mid-field to be crucified.

• Any participant taking longer than one hour to complete the cross-carry would be crucified for three hours. Those under the hour limit could capitulate any time after one hour.

• From the time the participant accepts her cross no food can be provided and water not be provided from the time the participant accepts her cross until three hours after her cross is raised. At that time and every three hours after a liter of water may be provided but the athlete has fifteen minutes to consume what she can before the water is withdrawn.

• Athletes must be of legal age four years and one day before the start of the event to apply for the team. There are no upper age restrictions.

• Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals are awarded to the third, second, and last to capitulate. Death while crucified is a disqualification. All stand IOC drug and substance tests apply.
It would seem the rules were pretty straightforward but almost immediately the International Brotherhood of Master Crucifixion Technicians (IBMCT) sent a letter to the IOC expressing their concerns and the rules would indeed be tweaked but that is for another post…

Tree
seems like there is no even playing field...an i was hoping to see some beauties giving us something fun to watch.

It's about damn time they added a sport to the Olympics that was a real sport!
I mean Golf? :p In the Olympics? You have to be kidding me (was added to the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro :doh:)
Now, a women's Crux sport, that is a real damn sport!
Bring it on I say:devil:, this could be huge, oh, they are going to make a mint on this, they won't be able to count......I can see it now, the winner will even be on a box of Wheaties.
Let the Games begin, I am ready:popcorn:

Last edited:
The Olympic Crux…

The initial rules were:

Tree

Tree! This is based on an actual crazy thing, isn't it?

I remember some sorted article some place about it.

Was it in the the Times (either one) ... the Guardian ...certainly not a page 9 type of thing! (is it 9 or 6 ... oh my!)?

Clever! Now, lets see how Tolstoy of CF will draw this out to it's conclusion.

Set your timers girls!!!!!!! ;)

Tree! This is based on an actual crazy thing, isn't it?

I remember some sorted article some place about it.

Was it in the the Times (either one) ... the Guardian ...certainly not a page 9 type of thing! (is it 9 or 6 ... oh my!)?

Clever! Now, lets see how Tolstoy of CF will draw this out to it's conclusion.

Set your timers girls!!!!!!! ;)
You read publications I rarely except articles on line though I have never seen anything about Olympic Crux.:devil:

Don't set your timers too early, ladies. This could be a loooonnnnngggg night!

Tree

You read publications I rarely except articles on line though I have never seen anything about Olympic Crux.:devil:

Don't set your timers too early, ladies. This could be a loooonnnnngggg night!

Tree

That was my thought as well.

You may go for the home stretch now! :p

Back
Top Bottom