The Passion (2008, BBC Mini Series) Crucifixion scene

Go to CruxDreams.com
In the discussion about the sequence I became aware for how many crux-fans the factor of the victim getting displayed in fromt of a huge crowd seems to be very important, because one of the the main critics was that even when the barren and desolate landscape did add a lot of atmosphere there was no crowd and spectators at "Golgotha" beside Jesus family and the soldiers - an aspect to be continued in the recent "Killing Jesus" movie with a simlar location but no crowd.

I always found the humiliation aspect of crucifixion to be very erotic. Once again, I can trace it back to my youth and the stations of the cross. The nuns would detail how Jesus was stripped naked for the crucifixion and even at a young age it would turn me on. The stripping in front of a large crowd, being totally exposed in front of your family, friends, enemies, and then being crucified with everyone watching...I need a cold shower!!!

I always found the humiliation aspect of crucifixion to be very erotic. Once again, I can trace it back to my youth and the stations of the cross. The nuns would detail how Jesus was stripped naked for the crucifixion and even at a young age it would turn me on. The stripping in front of a large crowd, being totally exposed in front of your family, friends, enemies, and then being crucified with everyone watching...I need a cold shower!!!
me too !!

I think they based the scene on current scholarly opinion as to the way crucifixion was done.
Whether the soldiers would have had to keep those hot, heavy helmets on is the only thing I'd query.
In thinking of the soldiers keeping their helmets on: Great joke in "A funny thing happened on the way to the forum" - soldier messes up salute by knocking his helmut and zero mostel says "Smartly Done!"

And there is a general agreement that most cross were low, so that the executed was barely above the ground. Makes a face-to-face humiliation with passersby more intense.

The BBC miniseries, The Passion, which aired back in 2008, followed the story of Jesus from his time in Jerusalem, to his crucifixion, and then his resurrection. The thing I found interesting about it was the way Jesus and the thieves (or Dismas, and Gestmas as they've also been referred to as) are crucified. The crucifixion takes place in episode 3 of 4 (episode 4 also shows the aftermath with all three dead on their crosses). Jesus and the thieves arm crucified high up on their crosses, they're nailed in their arms with their hands raised higher then their heads (Jesus' arms are raised higher), Jesus and Guests' feet are nailed together sideways with their legs bent and sticking out to the side while Dismas' feet are nailed separately with his legs spread open, and their sitting on sedile. I think it's just a different and also unique way we've seen crucifixion in films and tv shows. Let me know what you think.

images I could find of the Crucifixion scene:
613611-e2dbb6d7d00e48b208504337d3bffc1a.jpg
613612-4ca35e8621b22e1b4601cd1d8a8bfa8b.jpg
613613-84e0ccb62de9a5e040a17d8d055f07e4.jpg
613614-894ae88cf9fe9b8b1efa658c9d480ad5.jpg

I think it would interesting to see crucifixion art work, digital art, gifs and animations, and/or pictures of people doing crucifixion using this style of crucifixion like in the Passion. I haven't really seen any really and since the crucifixion in the miniseries is kinda interesting it would be interesting to see fan work using this style of crucifixion.

I actually found the full miniseries free to watch online. There is a downside however, the entire thing is dubbed in Russian, but still you get to see the crucifixion scene, and for me that's all that matters.
Anyways the series is divided into two videos on the website, the first one being episodes 1-2 and the second one is episodes 3-4.
the crucifixion scene is on 3-4 and starts at 0:46:53 in the video, which is basically half way into the video
Link to the site:
http://www.online-life.club/13129-strasti-2008.html
If you want to see the crucifixion scene of The Passion, this is where you can see the full thing, so far.
How do you get it to play,all I could get was games? How did you get it to play for you?

How do you get it to play,all I could get was games? How did you get it to play for you?
Yeah it might tend to open new pages, windows, and/or tabs to other sites, links, and/or content for either advertising or to get you to do something else, in short it's trying to interest you in something else you don't care about. Just simply go back to the main page with the video and click it again, it should work after that.

I think it would interesting to see crucifixion art work, digital art, gifs and animations, and/or pictures of people doing crucifixion using this style of crucifixion like in the Passion. I haven't really seen any really and since the crucifixion in the miniseries is kinda interesting it would be interesting to see fan work using this style of crucifixion.

Cilla wondered if they might be taking this Roman Re-enactment idea a bit too far...

Cilla crucified by villa loincloth.jpg

All 'added extras' from the CMCK :)

Yeah it might tend to open new pages, windows, and/or tabs to other sites, links, and/or content for either advertising or to get you to do something else, in short it's trying to interest you in something else you don't care about. Just simply go back to the main page with the video and click it again, it should work after that.
They

The BBC miniseries, The Passion, which aired back in 2008, followed the story of Jesus from his time in Jerusalem, to his crucifixion, and then his resurrection. The thing I found interesting about it was the way Jesus and the thieves (or Dismas, and Gestmas as they've also been referred to as) are crucified. The crucifixion takes place in episode 3 of 4 (episode 4 also shows the aftermath with all three dead on their crosses). Jesus and the thieves arm crucified high up on their crosses, they're nailed in their arms with their hands raised higher then their heads (Jesus' arms are raised higher), Jesus and Guests' feet are nailed together sideways with their legs bent and sticking out to the side while Dismas' feet are nailed separately with his legs spread open, and their sitting on sedile. I think it's just a different and also unique way we've seen crucifixion in films and tv shows. Let me know what you think.

images I could find of the Crucifixion scene:
613611-e2dbb6d7d00e48b208504337d3bffc1a.jpg
613612-4ca35e8621b22e1b4601cd1d8a8bfa8b.jpg
613613-84e0ccb62de9a5e040a17d8d055f07e4.jpg
613614-894ae88cf9fe9b8b1efa658c9d480ad5.jpg
Really good. Outstanding work. I like the whole scenery and the way the wrongdoers are crucified.

Please use in future the thumbnail option!

View attachment 614316 He is nude now.
Awesome Madiosi. That's what the whole thing is actually missing. The film is incredibly well done, camera, scenery, actors, I like that a lot. I would have stripped the condemned in front of the camera, to add another aspect. Thanks a lot Madiosi for doing that and squaring it

Awesome Madiosi. That's what the whole thing is actually missing. The film is incredibly well done, camera, scenery, actors, I like that a lot. I would have stripped the condemned in front of the camera, to add another aspect. Thanks a lot Madiosi for doing that and squaring it

With pleasure!

Thanks Brother, finely got it, this is a great flick, very realistic, I’ve tried for years to find this on the net but it’s been a no -go until now, thanks for posting this.
The everyday cold blooded horror of Roman crucifixion is shown in this film to great effect, total nudity would be a great addition to the over all effect but we arn’t there yet in our society oddly enough.
The horrorr and humiliation of crucifixion can be felt as the one thief keeps looking down at his body as if to see his exposed privates while the other seems to avoid looking at his crucified body and stares in agony at the sky, he has been nailed with his legs splayed to increase his exposure and humiliation. The fact that they were arrested in a whore house after being betrayed by the madam adds to this effect when the prostiture that the one thief was having sex with shows up at the the crucifixion to be with Jesus,this must of added greatly to the thief’s humiliation and suffering being nude in front of her helpless and more than likely with an erection. The Soldiers must of taken advantage of this as well by taunting him in his helpless agoney in front of her. The whole situation is show great effect!.
It would be great to see more photo manipulations on the stills showing the total nudity of the victims, unfortunately I haven’t the skills! -gunslinger

Hey thank you so much, found it, they have other Jesus movies there. Do you know any links to other crucifixion movies or plays, I especially like the nailing part.
I've got a list of videos containing crucifixion scenes from films, series, cartoons, videos, and documentaries, and they each come with a link. I've got them on a WORD document if you are interested.

Attachments

• CruFSCV.docx
    223.7 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom