The Sweat Box

Go to CruxDreams.com

TheLimey

Magistrate
I'm opening up a thread here for something I feel is an essential in any good Women in Prison story, beyond the obligatory scantily clad prisoners, the whippings and the forced labour.

This is the sweat box, or similar enclosed space, used as a form of punishment.

I'm guessing my first exposure to this would have been Alec Guiness in 'Bridge Over the River Kwai', but I know I've seen it elsewhere in other films and productions.

It combines so much I like. Prisoners, the gleam of sweat on skin and the wet and somewhat bedraggled hair.
phgs_by_andruxon_db1t8uh.jpggpmcpm27.jpg CondemnedToSlavery-17.jpg

Any opinions on this? Feel free to chime in, add images...

Just recalling a story with sweat box peril:

And to think people pay good money to sit in a sauna...

Thank you, I will peruse that later.

These couple of shots come from 'A Wenona Piece' from Infernal Restraints

02.jpg03.jpg

TheLimey has started a thread featuring women-in-prison sweat boxes ...

Had a friend years ago who built a do-it-yourself sweat box 'cause he heard that you could purge drugs from your system that way (and he was going for a drug test for a job).

He spent about three hours in it on a hot summer day. They had to take him to the hospital and run IVs for 24 hours. Nearly died from dehydration and heat stroke.

So if anyone's going to try this, please be careful! Monitor your body temperature and keep up the fluids and electrolites.

Had a friend years ago who built a do-it-yourself sweat box 'cause he heard that you could purge drugs from your system that way (and he was going for a drug test for a job).

He spent about three hours in it on a hot summer day. They had to take him to the hospital and run IVs for 24 hours. Nearly died from dehydration and heat stroke.

So if anyone's going to try this, please be careful! Monitor your body temperature and keep up the fluids and electrolites.
Oh dear God yes. I ride a road bike in Miami. In the current heat (feels like 100f at 10am) I've been taking three bottles with me.

Anyway, Barb, be careful when you think you are reading 'sweet box' in the fine print of your next exotic travel brochure!

That you don't end here! (even an open iron cage can be a harsh and hot :very_hot: sweat box in the full tropical sun!).

View attachment 874970View attachment 874971
This was going to be my next post. This is possibly one of the lost classics in Women in Prison films. The open iron cage scene is so good, and the whole film is so over the top.

Back
Top Bottom