Thessela's Downfall

Go to CruxDreams.com
My sentiments exactly!

Jolly, I get all teary every time I read your story. It is filled with so much pathetic sadness, I can barely stand it. I hardly have the words for how I feel for Thessela. The image in my mind of this lovely, terrified young woman sitting on the ground, semi-naked, and having to watch and listen to all the preparations for her crucifixion -- her cross being assembled, the casual conversations of the executioners -- it's almost too much for me! It is truly terrifying thinking about it from the perspective of the victim!

I have a lump in my throat and I'm tearing up again as I write this...where is my box of tissues?!!!:(

And the description of her being stripped and nailed to the cross -- oh Jolly, I choke up reading this part. The poor, innocent girl; I want to save her so badly. But, alas, no...she must die. I know it...there'd be no story otherwise. The innocent always suffer the most, don't they?

The details of the story are wonderfully explicit and erotic; and so sad to read…very difficult at times to read, in fact. I achingly wish I could comfort Thessela…show my love for her… along with Korinna, in those brief few minutes before she must submit to the awful reality of her crucifixion.

Oh yes, all the wonderful details: Thessela carrying the crucifixion nails on a length of twine around her neck so they dangled between her breasts as she walked along, her walk of shame carrying her patibulum to the execution site, her sitting huddled with Korinna as the awful preparations are being made, her final stripping, her loss of bladder control when her wrists are nailed, and all the horrible details of her hanging on the cross. Jolly, you wrote a masterpiece!

Oh, dear Thessela, you died so bravely!!! I love you too!!!:D
Thank you. So many "thank you"s". :oops::)

I would classify myself as weak-hearted romantic, but really, with all this weeping, you people are consuming the handkerchiefs too quickly!

First: remember that good Thessela went more mercifully than to be expected. Without thorough flogging, she might have been writhing on the cross much, much longer. But, caused by careless procedure in execution,
and she was gone with the day.

And as mercy to her mind, she went knowing: even in the last moments, were those who loved her.

But most importantly, we must remember that in a world that belongs to masters, her fate was self-inflicted.

She was enslaved, but clung to the belief that she could continue to set boundaries.

A slave wanting to decide who will use her or not, who set herself above another onw, who is even half a rung higher on the ladder of hierarchy - that is arrogant and risky, not? Maybe if she had served a long time on the estate, she could have learned to circumvent inconveniences; but as being a new slave, much the first thing she did, was rebellious.
Oh yes, she was exposed to most undesirable lustings of the majordomo, but then what is slavery? Who would not sign up for slavery, if they were ravished ever only by the most attractive Apollo or Adonis ;) - slaves make no choices but when they do - beware of master's choice, in turn!

A thought is however, had it been that Ampelios was not known for leniency, he would not have felt his credibility as master to be in question. Perhaps whipping would have been enough, then.

So when you go up to the selling-block, slave, perhaps it is to hope for the harsh but just master, not the lenient one...

Much thanks to Jollyrei & Thessela for a tale well told...

I appreciate these comments, and I did realize the need to explain away a faster death, but at the time I thought (rightly or wrongly) in the context of the story that a long-winded description of days on the cross would be somewhat gratuitous. The slave scenes are not "classic perfect", no, and in some ways the girls behave more like school girls in a dorm than real slaves. I wrote in a "progressive" master who finally realizes that his wife's desire to treat her slaves as companions and his own leniency are his downfall. This is clearly not a guide to proper slave conduct. Thessela, as a slave, should probably not have rejected the majordomo, and Korinna should not have been so sympathetic, perhaps, but then some of the emotional impact would be lost, which I wanted to keep for various reasons.

In the end, it is what it is. I was pleased with it in the end, knowing some details were differently portrayed than they would have actually been in history. Some of (most, actually) the characters were types, but I hope not too one dimensional. I will write something different next time (not so romantic, perhaps) and we will see. I may try a comedy.:devil:
Cheers.:)

Harsh, Malins, but points well made.

I shall dry my eyes! ;)
About time, too. :rolleyes::D

Harsh, Malins, but points well made.

Now I have one thing to say here: this role would be unbelievably hard for me. Perhaps in knowing this I pointed to it. I do not have the slave-character at all, despite a cosmos of strange cravings in me that cry for it.
Arrogance and haughtiness might well bring a quick and steep downfall to me.

So it goes,

"I am SPECIAL" ...
"I have RIGHTS" ...
"I have experience and smarts, someone should LISTEN to me and my opinion is WORTH.."

No you aren't
No you don't
No we won'
t (and by now life may be forfeit... you may imagine the rhythm of the whip, or the hammer, to this...)

What to do?

When you are the new slave,

she's ready, alert and compliant, not sulky, glum or obstinate,

the most important is being alert, to understand the unfamiliar lines that limit your existence.

These are real "red lines" as meaning, my blood spilled, if I overstep.

Dare I think myself smart or special - the single use of that will be, to anticipate intent of the master, guess to please, intuit his response to infraction: first only to secure survival.

Put your pride in a place where no one can sense it - so it will not kill you. (Unless, self-aggrandizement should outstrip self-preservation, in which case you may not fear the fact that death will follow, but when it comes you will regret, because of the cruelty of its implementation)

If however, you pass through this needle's eye, some possible paths are there...

I did realize the need to explain away a faster death... slave scenes are not "classic perfect"...not a guide to proper slave conduct. ...emotional impact would be lost, which I wanted to keep for various reasons.

I fear my comments are misunderstood, as I would not wish the story to be different from any of what you wrote.
All is good with imperfect slave conduct, if it is sure that punishment follows (otherwise, where ist the story?)

I am deeply tired with stories where men and masters are only feelingless brutes.
The difference among slave and master is not in brutality (as we see also in this story, and that is truthful, that the origin of Thessela's downfall is with another slave).

The difference is that the master owns responsibility, of which the slave owns nothing.

I can imagine well, Ampelios saying to his wife: It pains me having to do this, and I spent good money for the girl, and yes I know Homeros is a snake, but a well-tamed and useful one, however: If I let even this pass, one day you may find the consequence of leniency is the price of your and my and our children's life - as you say,
his wife's desire to treat her slaves as companions and his own leniency are his downfall
So the figure of the lenient master, who sees to correct his ways, so that he may remain master at all, has much more interest, than a simple slaughterer.
long-winded description of days on the cross
That is not what I need in a story. How much more is there in the anticipation and the process.

I am deeply tired with stories where men and masters are only feelingless brutes.

I agree with you, malins, but my fantasy is not here, in fact : I've not the desire to be a slave but a free woman, a warrior, an amazon ; an amazon can be losing, sometimes and having to cruelly pay her defait ...
In this case, I rather like to read the description of my torture, it's exciting for me ...
But, I'm a woman, and a woman can have other fantasies than a man ...

What it's said, I totally understand Thessela who is the heroine of this story, written for her and so, like she's dreaming ...

Only, I'm a little tired by all the scenarios which are always using the strict roman crucifixion and dont search new inventive ideas ...

Are you in this way, Jolly ? I could be interested to be one of your heroine ..... in this way ....;)

Oh, dear Thessela, you died so bravely!!! I love you too!!!:D

Thank you for such a wonderful summary, dear Roxie, it was like living it again :)

And as mercy to her mind, she went knowing: even in the last moments, were those who loved her.
She was enslaved, but clung to the belief that she could continue to set boundaries.
Who would not sign up for slavery, if they were ravished ever only by the most attractive Apollo or Adonis ;) - slaves make no choices but when they do - beware of master's choice, in turn!

So true Malins.
I am a slave, I have no choice

I agree with you, malins, but my fantasy is not here, in fact : I've not the desire to be a slave but a free woman, a warrior, an amazon ; an amazon can be losing, sometimes and having to cruelly pay her defait ...
In this case, I rather like to read the description of my torture, it's exciting for me ...
But, I'm a woman, and a woman can have other fantasies than a man ...

What it's said, I totally understand Thessela who is the heroine of this story, written for her and so, like she's dreaming ...

Only, I'm a little tired by all the scenarios which are always using the strict roman crucifixion and dont search new inventive ideas ...

Are you in this way, Jolly ? I could be interested to be one of your heroine ..... in this way ....;)
While I thoroughly enjoyed Thessela's downfall, the concept of Messaline as the fiesty Frenchwoman captured and tortured by the nasty Brits is interesting. Maybe hung in gibbet type cage in the town square for the mob to view her prior to her execution. Oh for the literary talent to write it!

II've not the desire to be a slave but a free woman, a warrior, an amazon ;
I am afraid I am sitting in between the chairs here.

Not quite strong enough to accomplish as an amazon (so I would, for lack of bravery, be ridiculed and punished, probably finally sacrifced as a warning, in their tribe )

Not quite pliable enough to be a suitable slave (again bringing much retribution onto me...)

So it remains my purpose to prove, I am at least good at accepting the punishments ;) and giving a rewarding response to them.

I'm a little tired by all the scenarios which are always using the strict roman crucifixion and dont search new inventive idea
Me as well, I bother not for the mechanisms, angles, and so forth, it is the path that leads there, that matters.
Also stories, where victims are just captured, are not so interesting or me.

My fate is much my own fault, and I see it is necessary, and right. Bringing me to accept this is the accomplishment of the master.

Then my freedom is, that I will walk to my whipping-post, if you let me; and after, I will go and sit down on the cross prepared for me, if you let me. And I will put my feet together, and then you speak the command, and I will pass you the rope-coils, or hand you the nails, whichever is chosen for me. And I recline, and put up my hands, and it begins.

It's good that we have such a diversity of personalities here, and the opportunity to discover so much more about ourselves in discussions like this
(thanks again to Jolly, and to Thessela, for a beautiful story that's prompted such thinking).

I do identify very much with what you say, malins,

the most important is being alert, to understand the unfamiliar lines that limit your existence.

Dare I think myself smart or special - the single use of that will be, to anticipate intent of the master, guess to please, intuit his response to infraction: first only to secure survival.

Put your pride in a place where no one can sense it - so it will not kill you.

If however, you pass through this needle's eye, some possible paths are there...

I think - indeed, since coming to the Forums I've become much more sure - that I am an 'instinctive slavegirl',
I'm just happy being humble and serving (as well as having a masochistic enjoyment of being humiliated and punished,
that's another part of me, but slavegirl, sub and masochist don't always go togeher, as Messaline shows us),
yet I do feel pride, yes, pride in being a 'good' slavegirl - if slavegirlhood's my thing, then I want to be good at it! :)

Last edited:
Only, I'm a little tired by all the scenarios which are always using the strict roman crucifixion and dont search new inventive ideas ...Are you in this way, Jolly ? I could be interested to be one of your heroine ..... in this way ....;)
I understand finding the roman scenery tiresome after a while. A change of scenery perhaps. A change of motivation...

I have always been fascinated by the consensual crux stories, like some of the things pkin writes (so very well). There is a feel to those stories of sacrifice and intimate giving taken as far as it can go.

Last edited:
sub and masochist don't always go togeher, as Messaline shows us),
I have always been fascinated by the consensual crux stories, like some of the things pkin writes (so very well). There is a feel to those stories of sacrifice and intimate giving taken as far as it can go.

It's what I've always tried to do in my stories ( Paskell's Saga ...) and my manips (Deep fantasies ...) :
never I could be resigned to the slavery ... but I dont condemn those who want to be slaves !It's their choice but I keep mine and, somewhere, I think that it's pleasant for some of you .......:)

Remember my avatar'title .... "
Crucified Amazon

It's what I've always tried to do in my stories ( Paskell's Saga ...) and my manips (Deep fantasies ...) :
never I could be resigned to the slavery ... but I dont condemn those who want to be slaves !It's their choice but I keep mine and, somewhere, I think that it's pleasant for some of you .......:)

Remember my avatar'title .... "
Crucified Amazon
Yes, a crucified Amazon would make a great story. I can see it now.....After an intense battle with an invading enemy, the proud and beautiful Amazon Queen is wounded in battle trying to save her people and their land. She is then captured, tortured and then crucified. After being left to die on the cross, she is rescued by a group of her tribe, they ambush the soldier who is guarding the crucifixtion site. She is taken down, and brought back to a camp were the the rest of her surviving tribe members are. After several months of healing and planning, the proud Amazon Queen leads her tribe into battle again to reclaim their homeland........She will have her revenge!

i do agree that each story is the same. each slave is different some will do as ordered some you have to brake. some masters are kinder an some total bastards. to have a amazon worry has a slave would be interesting but as a willing one would be great. each lady here is different an unique...an i like you all. if everyone was alike life would be boring.

I'm just happy being humble and serving (as well as having a masochistic enjoyment of being humiliated and punished,
that's another part of me, but slavegirl, sub and masochist don't always go togeher, as Messaline shows us),
yet I do feel pride, yes, pride in being a 'good' slavegirl - if slavegirlhood's my thing, then I want to be good at it! :)

Oh true so so true Eulalia.
This is my wrestle with the whip in another thread.
To desire to submit is not automatically a desire to be hurt, to find pleasure in pain. Well, it depends on the pain!
It is the giving of myself that is important.
I may accept the whip, but as an act of submission.
I know, my love of crucifixion seems against what I have said.
I cannot explain it clearly. I am here to work it out! To make sense for myself.

To desire to submit is not automatically a desire to be hurt, to find pleasure in pain. Well, it depends on the pain!

Mmmmmm ! Exactely what I love !!!

The pain : yes, it could depends of the degre of pain to start ; but you need of endorphins'secretion to get the pleasure ...
So, the pain is unavoidable , soft at the beginning but when you're more experimented, it could be harder ,but never overstepping the limits that you can support !
View this video : it's obviously one of the first sceance for this girl, but her masters know to arouse her very much and at the end, you can observe the impact of the endorphins ...

http://xhamster.com/xembed.php?video=588253 ;)

These words speak much from my heart,
Pain and death and such, is not what it is about truly.
Of myself I would say: that I am drawn into the flames, does not mean I wish to burn.
But there is so much to be experienced, when skirting those flames.
I know, my love of crucifixion seems against what I have said.
I cannot explain it clearly. I am here to work it out!
Sometimes there are even things that remain perpetually contradictory, and we cannot work them out - we can just go through them...
Messaline said:
The pain : yes, it could depends of the degre of pain to start ; but you need of endorphins'secretion to get the pleasure ...
The release of the endorphins, the release -- even dissolvement, of the self into submission, perhaps entering situation of helplessness, where you are absolutely reliant on your trusted one, to take you through and in turn release you: oh yes, that can make so much magic, be such a cleansing of the self...

Becoming this kind of "slave" then, is not an unhappy fate at all: but a release into its own stage of freedom...

(and it is the master, who has the hard work to do, and the risks to control; while the slave is carried away floating on torrents of bliss. Let us give thanks to masters who take all this responsibility... how to be without them...)

Back
Top Bottom