Time traveler's photo album

Go to CruxDreams.com
Because I was busy with my studies, and I did not bring my graphics tablet, so I could not draw temporarily, but I still tried to make a picture with PS:

This is a photo discovered in Bath, England in 1892. Professional bodies have confirmed its authenticity, but the content of the photo is puzzling.
When and where was it taken? Why do the man in this photo wear modern clothes? Is he a time traveler? Is this all true? Why was this photo left at the end of the 19th century?

Time traveler's photo 01.png Time traveler's photo 02.png

(Maybe I will continue to update this series when I have time. Of course, I will finish the story that I have not finished before. And what kind of photo colors do you prefer in these two pictures?)

Finally, good luck to everyone :razz:

Because I was busy with my studies, and I did not bring my graphics tablet, so I could not draw temporarily, but I still tried to make a picture with PS:

This is a photo discovered in Bath, England in 1892. Professional bodies have confirmed its authenticity, but the content of the photo is puzzling.
When and where was it taken? Why do the man in this photo wear modern clothes? Is he a time traveler? Is this all true? Why was this photo left at the end of the 19th century?

View attachment 626397View attachment 626398

(Maybe I will continue to update this series when I have time. Of course, I will finish the story that I have not finished before. And what kind of photo colors do you prefer in these two pictures?)

I prefer the #2

Well done:goodjob: both are good, but for me no.2 is better.

I love this idea, the mysterious old photo which depicts an even older scene. I'd only question why his face is pixelated?
Imagine if we really found a photo of a crucifixion, fantastic.

There are genuine photos which appear to depict anomalous subjects, such as these two. These can usually be explained and just appear to contain elements which correspond to modern day items or clothing. For example every item the man in the first photo is wearing can be found in 1930s America.
zamanyolcusu-1-e1457701144554.jpgmlxttzrqjozj50ntspu9.jpg

And of course there is this . . . . . .
70bb0c1f34b1dc6bb64fc9d9.jpg

I have read that we are close to, or maybe at the point where fake photos will be indistinguishable from real ones even by experts. I find this frightening, because history gives little comfort that this technology will not be put to evil purposes. So, to be honest, while I recognize the work done, this thread makes me uncomfortable.

I have read that we are close to, or maybe at the point where fake photos will be indistinguishable from real ones even by experts. I find this frightening, because history gives little comfort that this technology will not be put to evil purposes. So, to be honest, while I recognize the work done, this thread makes me uncomfortable.
Should I stopping to making manips?

There are always some cultural relics in the world that cannot be disclosed, because they often upset people at the same time overturned the today's history.

Multiple studies have shown that both this old color photo and the text on it are real and have not been altered before. It has forced us to rediscover what happened real on that day more than 500 years ago.

Joan of Arc.png

There are always some cultural relics in the world that cannot be disclosed, because they often upset people at the same time overturned the today's history.

Multiple studies have shown that both this old color photo and the text on it are real and have not been altered before. It has forced us to rediscover what happened real on that day more than 500 years ago.

View attachment 657127

I love this idea. I've played around before with creating fake photos of old events which could have been captured on film, such as the Boxer Rebellion. This is going one step further, putting a time traveller at the scene of a famous event.
A couple of things don't quite work for me. The photo is monochrome with touches of colour, not sure why. The writing on the photo makes it look like an annotated old print, but the traveller in the foreground seems to be taking a modern selfie. I also wonder how easily a time traveller would get away with such an act!
I like the idea of a photo like this turning up in an old desk drawer or an antique trunk.

There is a modern class of old photos which appear to some people to depict time travellers, in most cases the apparent anachronisms can be explained.
Here is the famous hipster time traveller, and a woman using a "mobile phone"
hipstertimetraveller05.jpgarticle-2301996-190666A3000005DC-712_1024x615_large.jpg

An old Chinese postcard showing crucified westerners, probably missionaries, and a detail from it (old manip of mine)
ph124.jpgph124a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom