tinypic.com will permanently shutting down

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yeah I've been seeing this all evening all over the site. It's just like that Photobucket BS a year or two back :(
goodbye.jpeg

Has anyone asked LittleSiss if she still has backups of all the sigs she made?
I'll PM her now

<UPDATE>
I just sent the PM. Hopefully she'll get back to me soon. She did message me earlier on an unrelated topic so I know she's in and out around the site :)
I suggested that if she has a saved image then she should contact one of the mods and they'll fix it. Otherwise she can send it to me and I'll get in touch with someone who can sort it out for her if she prefers that

Last edited:
Madiosi and Melissa are the staff members who understand these sig strips best -
we can quite easily delete the rather rude message from tinypics,
but uploading new ones can be fiddly.

Thanks to Madiosi, I've got a nice new version of mine,
actually one of a few that Velut Luna designed for me.

I was never on tinypic - I think mine is saved locally to my profile. Somehow, it apparently disappeared anyway earlier today (or so say Bobinder and Wragg), and then it simply reappeared again (near as I can tell). I didn't do anything to it, anyway. Mind you, I have no idea anymore how I saved my sig, so I'm no help at all here.

Tinypic says they are shutting down because their revenue from adverts is not enough to support an image hosting server anymore.

Tinypic says they are shutting down because their revenue from adverts is not enough to support an image hosting server anymore.

So EXACTLY like that Photobucket BS from a year or two back then...

Isn't Tinypic and Photobucket the same company anyway?

HERE'S A SOLUTION
1.Google postimage and sign up (not really necessary but useful)
2.Upload your pic. Approx 30Kb should be OK although you do have options to resize.
3.Now left click on the little icon at the end of the Direct link option to copy it.
4.Go to your Crux.Forum account and select Profile info.
5.Select Signature and remove whatever is between the IMG in square brackets.. Replace it with the Direct link that you copied. Now click on Save.

Any problems please PM me here.

Last edited by a moderator:
HERE'S A SOLUTION
1.Google postimage and sign up (not really necessary but useful)
2.Upload your pic. Approx 30Kb should be OK although you do have options to resize.
3.Now left click on the little icon at the end of the Direct link option to copy it.
4.Go to your Crux.Forum account and select Profile info.
5.Select Signature and remove whatever is between the IMG in square brackets.. Replace it with the Direct link that you copied. Now click on Save.

Any problems please PM me here.
I would just note that the "Direct Link" did not work for me, but the "Hotlink for forums" did the trick. Many thanks. :)

I just want to say, that anyone I converted to tinypic ... I am looking for those!

I am one laptop past those days and I didn't file things, then.

But I am searching!!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom