Today is World Reading Day or World Book and Copyright Day

Go to CruxDreams.com
I haven't read much erotica besides Lolita and I don't think that's brutal enough to satisfy most members' tastes lol.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if we were to take this opportunity to support the writers we have in this group? If anyone has been published, or has a blog, please post it in this thread and maybe we'll give you a follow or a click.

I haven't read much erotica besides Lolita and I don't think that's brutal enough to satisfy most members' tastes lol.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if we were to take this opportunity to support the writers we have in this group? If anyone has been published, or has a blog, please post it in this thread and maybe we'll give you a follow or a click.
You're right!

I do not have any books with erotica, but if you want Fantasy novels with magic and Fae, and Swords and Sorcery, demons and whatever else, then I am your girl.

All of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere works are wonderful (Mistborn trilogy, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight Archive, Mistborn era 2 Series) A court of thorns and roses trilogy by Sarah J Maas, Glass throne series also by Sarah J Maas, Healer trilogy by Maria V Snyder, Poison study series also By Maria V Snyder. Green Rider series by Kristen Britain, A song of ice and fire series by GR Martin, The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski, Wheel of time series by the late Robert Jordan.

My love of crux is second only to reading
dWQShEl.jpggreen-rider-series.pngIMG_1136.jpgmy_collection_of_a_song_of_ice_and_fire_.jpgseries-mvshs.pngCIMG5515.JPG70160173f822b5f21696898f2d5d7a84.jpg974900f342b35d49e0c5b3a4269bfe70.jpg.

Combine the two and you now know why I never leave this site, and what I am doing when I'm not online!~ ;)

As you might guess, I like crime/mystery. I really liked the late Henning Mankell, a Swedish mystery writer who created Inspector Wallander, played by Kenneth Branagh in the BBC TV series.

I read mostly non-fiction, but the fiction book that I have read in the last year or so that most stood out was The Sympathizer, by the Vietnamese-American author Viet Thanh Nguyen. It managed to be both horrifying and hilarious, often at the same time. It won the Pulitzer Prize and deserved it.

As you might guess, I like crime/mystery. I really liked the late Henning Mankell, a Swedish mystery writer who created Inspector Wallander, played by Kenneth Branagh in the BBC TV series.

I read mostly non-fiction, but the fiction book that I have read in the last year or so that most stood out was The Sympathizer, by the Vietnamese-American author Viet Thanh Nguyen. It managed to be both horrifying and hilarious, often at the same time. It won the Pulitzer Prize and deserved it.

You would think that with my pm to you about that tv series "bones" that I would read the books by the writer whose stories the tv show is based on. really should do that... If there was a law and order novel series I would be all over it.

According to the zoo newsletters I get, 4/25 was "world penguin day". They're going to run out of days soon, and have to fight over them. Any way, I mostly read journals and non-fiction that most people would find very boring. Even the crux books I read have a lot of footnotes and ancient literature citations. And, I almost never read the whole thing, certainly not all at once.

I do not have any books with erotica, but if you want Fantasy novels with magic and Fae, and Swords and Sorcery, demons and whatever else, then I am your girl.

All of Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere works are wonderful (Mistborn trilogy, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight Archive, Mistborn era 2 Series) A court of thorns and roses trilogy by Sarah J Maas, Glass throne series also by Sarah J Maas, Healer trilogy by Maria V Snyder, Poison study series also By Maria V Snyder. Green Rider series by Kristen Britain, A song of ice and fire series by GR Martin, The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski, Wheel of time series by the late Robert Jordan.

My love of crux is second only to reading
View attachment 580599View attachment 580600View attachment 580601View attachment 580603View attachment 580604View attachment 580605View attachment 580606View attachment 580607.

Combine the two and you now know why I never leave this site, and what I am doing when I'm not online!~ ;)
Wow,you are a real fantasy literary reader!

Wow,you are a real fantasy literary reader!
Well, I have a long way to go I'm afraid, which is why I posted my goodreads link. There may be others at some point I end up adding to the list. I also have every star wars novel that has ever been written currently, the old EU and the new canon stuff. So that's prob 150-200 more books right there. I have books on the Civil war and the alamo as well, also the titanic, so I do like some history as well.

I know that,but I haven't seen.
334753857.jpg

According to the zoo newsletters I get, 4/25 was "world penguin day". They're going to run out of days soon, and have to fight over them. Any way, I mostly read journals and non-fiction that most people would find very boring. Even the crux books I read have a lot of footnotes and ancient literature citations. And, I almost never read the whole thing, certainly not all at once.
Reading a whole book is a good experience,even if you will regret it years later:Why did I want to see that!?Haha.

Well, I have a long way to go I'm afraid, which is why I posted my goodreads link. There may be others at some point I end up adding to the list. I also have every star wars novel that has ever been written currently, the old EU and the new canon stuff. So that's prob 150-200 more books right there. I have books on the Civil war and the alamo as well, also the titanic, so I do like some history as well.
You are already very powerful.

I think I need to recommend something too.
刘慈欣,Liu CiXin,or Cixin Liu in English language habits.Personally,I think he is the greatest science fiction writer in contemporary China.
His 《The three body problem》trilogy have been published in English,you've probably heard of this,a very impressive piece of work.
His work likes to show the negative and dark side of Intelligences,but what is more attractive is his description of their positive and bright side:A country teacher who sticks to his mission(《乡村教师》)、an alien Empire declared war on "God" for their last dignity(《诗云》)、a group of scientists who disregard life and death for the sake of truth(《朝闻道》)……
I hope his work will have more English versions.

Back
Top Bottom