Together

Go to CruxDreams.com
Going to archive now as an illustrated ebook with the following promotional blurb. My thanks to Madi, Tree and Siss for time spent on illustrations. And thanks to everyone else for the delightful and spirited comments!

A Roman legion backs the wrong imperial contender and is defeated on the field of battle. The legionary survivors and the female slaves swept up with the legion's unattended baggage in the aftermath of the battle must now pay the price in a mass public crucifixion along the side of a Roman road. Hundreds are nailed to crosses. Huge crowds arrive to witness the spectacle. But one cross gains special notoriety, for it bears the suffering naked bodies of not one but two young women ... crucified together, back-to-back. Together they suffer heat, thirst, the sting of the lash, exhaustion and despair, but together they also find a special human bond that sustains them throughout their terrible ordeal.

I close my eyes. The pain is gone. Everything relaxes. I am slipping. I hold nothing in. Fluidity. Loss. Gone.

"Oh Shit!" exclaims Lucretius, jumping to his feet.

Death with a smile.

FINIS

I was indeed gone and mostly offline for a week, and while I WAS able to read this final installment, I couldn't log in to reply...

Absolutely BRILLIANT, Barb!!!

The entire story from start to finish...and then this absolutely PERFECT ending!

Thank you SO MUCH for writing and posting!

Oops. Couldn't find it. Here we go.

And if I simply overlooked it, please let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom