Tooltime: Facts And Messures

Go to CruxDreams.com
This Thread is supposed to all, who think about to build their own crux. What wood to chose? What size/messures does a cross need (at least)? How to connect the patibulum with the upright beam?

These are actual questions of myself also. I'm about to build an own indoor bondage frame and want to add in a crucifixion possibility. Has anyone done this before and has hints and/or advices to me?

The room's height is 2.50 meters. The height of myself is 1.70m. This also quitle accords to the span of my fully stretched arms. I'm guessing about to use a foot rest and cuffs. How to figure out the correct distance between the hooks for the wrist cuffs?

In my thinking about the fixation of the wrists I presume that the hooks (always seen before the patibulum) better can placed on this patibulum so that the wrists and hands become squeezed on the rough wood.
Danger is not easily to come free when needed.

I prefer wood that not has undergo an elaboration except the measure.

How sad not to have place for it, only on the door of a clothes case and if so, visitors would wonder about this...

Not to achieve in an ideal is perhaps life, not all what you wish can be realized.

Are over 2 meters tall?

Me 1.70m, the room 2.50m. Just want to avoid to crush my head onto the ceiling by pushing me upwards on the cross for breathing easier. :) Just saw pictures where victims got pretty far above the patibulum level when standing up at the cross...

I'll write afterOTE="Railman, post: 215158, member: 19260"]Me 1.70m, the room 2.50m. Just want to avoid to crush my head onto the ceiling by pushing me upwards on the cross for breathing easier. :)[/QUOTE]
Ill write after lunch work calls

Just want to avoid to crush my head onto the ceiling
The concern isn't totally absurd, see picture! - there's still room before she cracks her head, but not as much as you'd expect.
Val-agony2.jpg
See how far she gets her shoulders over the crossbar.

It depends a lot on how you're fixed to your cross.
If the way you're crucified is principally, you stand before the cross, your feet are lifted from the ground to go right beneath your buttocks, and then you're bound - then you'll start upwards from that position.
You won't make it all straight up but for safety margin, add to your own height, the measure how high that binding point is :D so if it's say 80cm off the ground, fine; but if your scenario has a "high crux" and you're bound much over 1m off ground with your feet, and can still move free and strong... you might bump your head!

You won't make it all straight up but for safety margin, add to your own height, the measure how high that binding point is :D so if it's say 80cm offtheground,fine; but if your scenario has a "highcrux" and you're bound much over 1m off ground with your feet, and can still move free and strong...

Thanks for this usefull reply, malins.
So mathematically your theorie will mean that the total height of the cross will be at least the own size plus the length of the legs, correct?

Raili

It all depends how high the cross is, how far off the ground you are. If you arrange your cross so that your unbound feet would touch the ground, then you should be perfectly safe for height, but you may feel you are missing something.
Personally I find the sensation of being off the ground is the important thing, however high or low you are, it is that sense of no longer being directly connected to the ground.
As for wood, a 90 by 90 upright is plenty strong enough, and a 90 by 70 or even 90 by 45 cross bar should be enough for an average sized person. It depends on the wood, and how you fix the parts together. For effect, you may want pieces broader than 90cm, it will look more impressive.
Make sure your cross or frame is sturdy and well fixed so that it doesn't move around (or fall down!). You may want to use existing architectural features, such as veranda posts or internal supports. Work with what you have :)

It all depends how high the cross is, how far off the ground you are. If you arrange your cross so that your unbound feet would touch the ground, then you should be perfectly safe for height, but you may feel you are missing something.
Personally I find the sensation of being off the ground is the important thing, however high or low you are, it is that sense of no longer being directly connected to the ground.
As for wood, a 90 by 90 upright is plenty strong enough, and a 90 by 70 or even 90 by 45 cross bar should be enough for an average sized person. It depends on the wood, and how you fix the parts together. For effect, you may want pieces broader than 90cm, it will look more impressive.
Make sure your cross or frame is sturdy and well fixed so that it doesn't move around (or fall down!). You may want to use existing architectural features, such as veranda posts or internal supports. Work with what you have :)

Thankyou, phlebas, for these useful advices.
Unfortunately, there is no architectural structure... It's an normal chamber. The cross will be integrated into a complete bondageframe. We will use 100x100 bars and the height of the poles will be 2.0m. So therefore I probably will have to go in some compromises anyway. Earlier above, malins mentioned to count 80cm to bind feet directly under the buttocks. My size plus 0.8m will already give 2.50m. Since the crossbar will be on 2.0m plus 80cm... OUCH, MY HEAD!!...There's the ceiling before I am completely upright... ;)

I rather think to handle though with a footrest. It gives me less original crucified feelings but therefore more time and hanging will still be possible. Just have to find the appropriate height for the footrest since this will be added to 2.0m. According to my actual setting, hands will be (standing with feet on ground) on 1.84m. Up to 2.0m that will bring me at least 16cm off the ground. :) As you said correct, phlebas, it's not important how much but being OFF the ground. ;)

Schlumpie,

Basically just me... :) As mentioned before the idea was, to integrate a cross into a complete bondage frame. Space there would be for up to five people. But this would certainly break the limits of the room and of the neighborhood. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom