Translation Help

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have absolut no problem reading english. Books, newspapers, manuals, even scientific summaries - no problem. It seems that my english vocabulary is sufficient. But the moment I want to answer in english the vocabulary seems gone.
So it happend that I was on a annual works outing in Kopenhagen, Denmark. I was with two fellows and we had tried a bit of the danish beer in the old quarter when it was time to go back to the ferry.
With a really charming smile I asked a nice young women in english for directions.
In Germany the word reads "Hafen".
So I asked the woman:"Please, can you show me they way to the haeven?"
I think I don´t have to state how a decent young women (mid-1970s) reacts when a slightly drunk man asks that question in broad daylight?

I have absolut no problem reading english. Books, newspapers, manuals, even scientific summaries - no problem. It seems that my english vocabulary is sufficient. But the moment I want to answer in english the vocabulary seems gone.
So it happend that I was on a annual works outing in Kopenhagen, Denmark. I was with two fellows and we had tried a bit of the danish beer in the old quarter when it was time to go back to the ferry.
With a really charming smile I asked a nice young women in english for directions.
In Germany the word reads "Hafen".
So I asked the woman:"Please, can you show me they way to the haeven?"
I think I don´t have to state how a decent young women (mid-1970s) reacts when a slightly drunk man asks that question in broad daylight?
:duke:

Back
Top Bottom