Trial and execution of the Moore Gang

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sheriff Jollyrei grabs my hair and lifts my head. He isn’t pleased about deputy Tom laying dead in my cell.
Well, really, I mean, how would you feel? Deputies don't grow on trees.

He is even better endowed than the sheriff.
Not sure what to think of this. Best not worry about it, eh?
The sheriff glares at Messaline and with contempt in his voice he declares “Miss Messaline you have been convicted of more than two dozen murders, scores of robberies, and numerous bank heists. You have just murdered Deputy Tom within my jail. Your sentence is to be hanged by your neck until you are dead. Have you any last words?"
It is a contemptible speech. ;)
Sheriff Jollyrei climbs down the stairs and sees Messa thrashing as she hangs by her neck.

‘Now this is how it ought to be done’ he thinks.
I think the artistry of the process may not be completely appreciated by some; Messaline and her late compatriots, for example.
The following day the five bodies of the Moore Gang are respectfully displayed in the undertaker’s drawing room.
And to think, some people are just happy with a nice vase or possibly a potted plant. Still, we should get a photo.

Great story, Tree. You brought out the worst in me, or the best, depending on one's perspective, and the girls were splendid, as always.

Well, really, I mean, how would you feel? Deputies don't grow on trees.

Not sure what to think of this. Best not worry about it, eh?

It is a contemptible speech. ;)

I think the artistry of the process may not be completely appreciated by some; Messaline and her late compatriots, for example.

And to think, some people are just happy with a nice vase or possibly a potted plant. Still, we should get a photo.

Great story, Tree. You brought out the worst in me, or the best, depending on one's perspective, and the girls were splendid, as always.
I'm glad I could show your worst best. You are a fine sheriff!!!

The conclusion of the story of the Moore Gang…

The following day the five bodies of the Moore Gang are respectfully displayed in the undertaker’s drawing room. News photographers take pictures of the women who were modestly covered in sheets.
View attachment 682575
It is a far more respectful display than the way they were hanged in public.

For a few hours town people come to show their respect- or perhaps scorn- of the women who they knew and watched being hanged the day before.
View attachment 682574
Later in the afternoon the five caskets are loaded in a wagon to be buried in unmarked graves at the edge of the cemetery.
View attachment 682577
The following week Tree gets his copy of the Crux Chronicle that features a front-page picture of the five women naked in their caskets!
View attachment 682579
It seems ‘Spike’ Sharp paid the undertaker to take the sheets off so he could get an exclusive shot of the naked women!
View attachment 682576
Inside the edition was a graphic photo layout of each woman being taken to the gallows, standing noosed waiting to be hanged, and shots of them hanging by their necks.

So ends the story of The Moore Gang… we will miss them!
View attachment 682578
Tree

Nice story with some lovely scenes of simple humiliation. I like the ending, the bandits in coffins was a classic western trope. Inspired by this too, perhaps?
double_tapped_outlaws_at_the_iron_horse_saloon_by_ruemorgueman-d6f3eaf.jpg

Mmmm ! I do recognize that I'm not bad in hanging by the neck too ! ... though that crucifixion is longer and people have more time to admire ...

h 806.jpg he even not forgot my blond tuft between my legs ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mmmm ! I do recognize that I'm not bad in hanging by the neck too ! ... though that crucifixion is longer and people have more time to admire ...

View attachment 1230198 he even not forgot my blond tuft between my legs ! :rolleyes:
One cannot argue that Messa's crucifixion takes longer but the lead up to her hanging can be a wonderful show leading up to her execution.
h 1081 d.jpgh 1083.jpgh 1087 C.jpg
And she does look great after she is hanged!
h 1096.jpg

But I've not my blond tuft ....... :(:(:(

View attachment 1230203
But this is the problem of such an execution. Those in charge are more concerned with you being hanged than how you look.
hang 506.jpg
You may look pristine as they read what you are being hanged for...
hang 191 b.jpg
...but the end results are all they are concerned with. If your fight with the noose upsets your hair that is not a problem for them...
hang 262 q.jpg

The conclusion of the story of the Moore Gang…

The following day the five bodies of the Moore Gang are respectfully displayed in the undertaker’s drawing room. News photographers take pictures of the women who were modestly covered in sheets.
View attachment 682575
It is a far more respectful display than the way they were hanged in public.

For a few hours town people come to show their respect- or perhaps scorn- of the women who they knew and watched being hanged the day before.
View attachment 682574
Later in the afternoon the five caskets are loaded in a wagon to be buried in unmarked graves at the edge of the cemetery.
View attachment 682577
The following week Tree gets his copy of the Crux Chronicle that features a front-page picture of the five women naked in their caskets!
View attachment 682579
It seems ‘Spike’ Sharp paid the undertaker to take the sheets off so he could get an exclusive shot of the naked women!
View attachment 682576
Inside the edition was a graphic photo layout of each woman being taken to the gallows, standing noosed waiting to be hanged, and shots of them hanging by their necks.

So ends the story of The Moore Gang… we will miss them!
View attachment 682578
Tree
Such pretty women, and murderesses. Even the dead look as if they're asleep.

Back
Top Bottom