Turkish Delights

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thanks for that comprehensive considered explanation Pp. The question "should I ava bloody go" is troubling me, I do have a crux story floating in my head, but my training and profession emphasised terse facts rather than emotionally descriptive phrases, so I'm not sure the result would read very well. Still you're all very friendly (as long as I like a good whipping) so give me time.....
OS

Cheers, Pp. That's a fascinating look into your writing process, and the collaboration between the three coauthors. I remember thinking as I read the story that parts of it must have been quite difficult to write (some I found difficult to read). As I said earlier, I think the approach you took was ultimately very effective. :)

Thanks for that comprehensive considered explanation Pp. The question "should I ava bloody go" is troubling me, I do have a crux story floating in my head, but my training and profession emphasised terse facts rather than emotionally descriptive phrases, so I'm not sure the result would read very well. Still you're all very friendly (as long as I like a good whipping) so give me time.....
OS
Mate, Pp is a scientist by training. He is more comfortable writing bland technical papers with a defined format....Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusions ...... though more recently spends more time taking research data and turning that into something commercial people can understand. This is all so very different.

People here are friendly and almost always supportive and encouraging.

OS

Mate, Pp is a scientist by training. He is more comfortable writing bland technical papers with a defined format....Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusions ...... though more recently spends more time taking research data and turning that into something commercial people can understand. This is all so very different.

People here are friendly and almost always supportive and encouraging.

The best stories, I think, include both technically competent and active description of pain and torment combined with serious exploration of the thoughts and feelings of the victims and their tormenters. I have noticed and am pleased by the fact that most of the writers on this site include both, although the balance between them varies. Some of us are better at one side or the other, and collaboration whether planned or through reactive posts often brings out our best efforts as well as interesting developments. I encourage everyone to write and post whenever they are so moved. The writing here is one of the best features of this site!!!

I strongly agree Barb - along with creating a 'world' and believable characters,
both best done by a few vivid details, not too much description,
but enough to draw readers into the scene and leading us to feel we 'know' the people.
It's invidious to pick out a few, there are as you say so many,
but, as well as Turkish Delights, Messaline's Paskell's Saga,
pk's Gisela stories, and Velut Luna's Amica
are fresh in my mind, having recently been reading them,
I feel like I've just been watching some thrilling films!

Last edited:
I don't think many of us here are true sadists who actively fantasise about inflicting the kind of suffering described here. I'm not....the clue's in the title I chose for myself - 'Chronicler'. Happier watching than doing - 'Voyeur' if you must.

In previous stories such as 8 Prinz Albrects Strasse, 1942, I have allowed myself to become enraged by the torturer, and satisfied those emotions with epilogues which Barb graciously allowed me to post in which the tormentor came to a sticky end.

In this case the tormentor was identified with Primus Pilus, a bloke who I've got to know on this site a bit and who I am happy to confirm would not hurt a fly in real life, and who is an all-round good egg. So I couldn't really become Barb or Pkin's brother and nip over to Turkey and eviscerate him....:rolleyes:

So, I've channelled all the emotion that I've built up on this thread into a poem. Here goes:

Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Golden sun on golden sand
Smooth skin caressed by elemental joy
Elemental joy.
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Welcomed by unwelcome frown
Now joy o’erwhelmed by elemental doubt
Elemental doubt
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Naked girl in naked cell
Warm sun eclipsed by elemental cold
Elemental cold
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Unknown future, unknown plans
Bowels churning with elemental dread
Elemental dread
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Savage brute with savage whip
She trembles now in elemental fear!
Elemental fear
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Vicious torture! Vicious blows!
Attacking! Hacking! Elemental rage!
Elemental rage
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Suff’ring women, suff’ring shared
Shared agony of elemental love
Elemental love
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Fractured dreams and fractured bones
Life’s spirit drained by elemental pain
Elemental PAIN
Elemental pain!
Elemental pain
Elemental pain
Elemental…..
Turkish Delight

I love the poem, Wragg! It may be a sort of morbid, gallows humour that I want to sing it to the tune of "Afternoon Delight. On a more serious note, I think the narration of the story in the third person, without using Pp's "name" or initials further effectively and intentionally separates the torturer from the person of the author.

I don't think many of us here are true sadists who actively fantasise about inflicting the kind of suffering described here. I'm not....the clue's in the title I chose for myself - 'Chronicler'. Happier watching than doing - 'Voyeur' if you must.

In previous stories such as 8 Prinz Albrects Strasse, 1942, I have allowed myself to become enraged by the torturer, and satisfied those emotions with epilogues which Barb graciously allowed me to post in which the tormentor came to a sticky end.

In this case the tormentor was identified with Primus Pilus, a bloke who I've got to know on this site a bit and who I am happy to confirm would not hurt a fly in real life, and who is an all-round good egg. So I couldn't really become Barb or Pkin's brother and nip over to Turkey and eviscerate him....:rolleyes:

So, I've channelled all the emotion that I've built up on this thread into a poem. Here goes:

Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Golden sun on golden sand
Smooth skin caressed by elemental joy
Elemental joy.
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Welcomed by unwelcome frown
Now joy o’erwhelmed by elemental doubt
Elemental doubt
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Naked girl in naked cell
Warm sun eclipsed by elemental cold
Elemental cold
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Unknown future, unknown plans
Bowels churning with elemental dread
Elemental dread
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Savage brute with savage whip
She trembles now in elemental fear!
Elemental fear
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Vicious torture! Vicious blows!
Attacking! Hacking! Elemental rage!
Elemental rage
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Suff’ring women, suff’ring shared
Shared agony of elemental love
Elemental love
Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight
Fractured dreams and fractured bones
Life’s spirit drained by elemental pain
Elemental PAIN
Elemental pain!
Elemental pain
Elemental pain
Elemental…..
Turkish Delight
I love the poem, Wragg! It may be a sort of morbid, gallows humour that I want to sing it to the tune of "Afternoon Delight. On a more serious note, I think the narration of the story in the third person, without using Pp's "name" or initials further effectively and intentionally separates the torturer from the person of the author.

I strongly agree Barb - along with creating a 'world' and believable characters,
both best done by a few vivid details, not too much description,
but enough to draw readers into the scene and leading us to feel we 'know' the people.
It's invidious to pick out a few, there are as you say so many,
but, as well as Turkish Delights, Messaline's Paskell's Saga,
pk's Gisela stories, and Velut Luna's Amica
are fresh in my mind, having recently been reading them,
I feel like I've just been watching some thrilling films!

I am away from home at a conference and only have time to grab a quick look at cf from time to time .... but am so pleased to see everyone chiming in on Pp's invitation to talk a little about how we write on and feel about writing on cf. I agree with Wragg....it's so much about our fantasies ... and how those fantasies come so delightfully alive on the pages of cf, or as Eul put it ..... almost like seeing it in film.

I am away from home at a conference and only have time to grab a quick look at cf from time to time .... but am so pleased to see everyone chiming in on Pp's invitation to talk a little about how we write on and feel about writing on cf. I agree with Wragg....it's so much about our fantasies ... and how those fantasies come so delightfully alive on the pages of cf, or as Eul put it ..... almost like seeing it in film.
Like Barb, Pp is away at the moment though, rather than being busy with the trials of a conference, he is camping rough in the Australian bush with only what he can carry on his adventure motorcycle and very limited cell pnone coverage to allow a visit:

And as he lays in his warm swag,
Beneath bright southern stars,
He thinks upon words writ by Wragg,
As breezes hum their bars.

Pp won't try to match Wragg's revised lyrics tonight - though he must rush to Wragg's Rhyme thread to remember what 8/6 meter is called - but he is delighted at the discussion here. There is so much good writing in cf by too many people to mention as well as so much excellent translation of superb stories.

There is always prolific thanks and credit given to the work and thought that delivers the story but Pp has often felt that there could be more discussion of some of the content.....not all...some stories are just pure pleasure to read and enjoy but there are ones that could stimulate discussion.

He is grateful to Jollyrei and old slave for starting some here as well as to those like Barb, Eul and Wragg who have added thoughts.

When he is home in a few days Pp will add a pdf file here but, please, keep adding thoughts and opinions if you would like.
Pp, from deep in the Great Dividing Range enjoying a Pepperjack shiraz as his beef hotpot quietly rehydrates.

Primus,

Clearly, your perspective and accompanying narrative did a lot in adding balance and a calm guide through the storyline. Congratulate yourself for me on a job well done.

And, with those final words from Pia and Barbara, Pp is left to draw a line under this story.
Barbaria, Pkin and Pp. May 2015
I want her to know. I want her to know. I want her to understand why we are here. I want her to understand. I so wish she could understand; I so wish she could accept the beauty of our pain... I....
Ohhhhhhhh, now the noose has tightened almost to the point where I am about to lose consciousness. My calm reverie is broken, my senses refocused on the immediate reality of my situation. I panic, renew my feeble efforts to somehow twist or kick myself free. I am slipping away fast. My tongue is protruding; I know my eyes must be bulging … I am shaking uncontrollably. I see lights, then blackness, then lights again, then ……

A fantastically intense read. The three of you worked so well together. It really does all come together extemely well!

Back
Top Bottom