Upgrade?

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I can see 'complete upgrade', and clicking on that brings up a sign-in box.
Probably as administrators we could get in and even complete the upgrade (it looks complete already) and reopen the site -
but I'd rather leave it to IM. I hope he'll be about soon.

PS I've taken a look and there are fairly complicated instructions, including a strong recommendation to make a backup before proceeding.
Essentially we're now in XenForo 2.0.0, and any customisation for the old version 1.x will be lost and need re-doing (e.g. I notice the Forum Archive is now 'Resources' on top bar).

Clearly something IM has to deal with.

Last edited:
Looks like it, when I click on it it opens my PC list. I think on the old version it was 'Upload file', for files or images?
I think all the options we had before are still on the reply-box bar, though in slightly different forms and positions,
and there's a new 'save draft' option, as well as the new 'preview' button bottom right - both will be useful.

Looks like it, when I click on it it opens my PC list. I think on the old version it was 'Upload file', for files or images?
I think all the options we had before are still on the reply-box bar, though in slightly different forms and positions,
and there's a new 'save draft' option, as well as the new 'preview' button bottom right - both will be useful.

But how do you place the pic in a specific spot in the text (like a story illustration)? Also, I'm not getting email notifications of PMs, which I got before. Is the update complete or are features still being added?

No, it seems that "attach files" will actually show the image twice, once in the text and again as an attached file. I think the "insert image" button on the bar is the way to go.

Do they both show when you actually post the reply? They used to show in both positions while you were drafting, but the bottom one disappeared when you posted.

I don't think everything's complete yet, I can still see a message (maybe visible to staff only?) that says 'An upgrade is pending'.
I've not got any alerts in my email inbox timed since the upgrading began, but there always is some delay, I'm not sure whether they're getting held up. My preferences on my account haven't been changed.
Yes they both show. And old posts where I used upload pics now show both too

I've gone back and checked. Wherever people have use "upload pics" in the past. Those posts now contain two of the same images. One in the text, and another farther down listed as "attachments"

Oh yes, looking at Bob's 'Alice' thread, where there are lots of uploads, it looks very cluttered with all the duplicates.

Back
Top Bottom