Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great philosophers like Charlie Brown always make me remember some more great quotations, of which no one can any more say, who was the first who had such great thoughts like:

"I / We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night !"

Galileo Galilei (?) and often used in more modern times by astronomers as an epitaph.

"For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home. "

Quotation of the character of "Vincent Freeman" in the movie "Gattaca", when he is leaving our planet in a rocket at the end of the movie, knowing he will never come back again to Earth.

I have always loved Recorder Music. Unfortunately, today it is largely seen as a simple instruction tool for kids to learn in school before tackling the "real" instruments.
Here is Vivaldi performed by Lucie Horsch. If I weren't afraid of breaking some rule or offending some prudish sensibilities around here, I might comment more on how nice it is to see her mouth that instrument. (Twenty-year-old Lucie Horsch is one of the most remarkable musical talents of her generation, and already in great demand as a solo recorder player both in her native Netherlands and internationally. She is performing with baroque ensembles as well as with modern orchestras.)

I have always loved Recorder Music. Unfortunately, today it is largely seen as a simple instruction tool for kids to learn in school before tackling the "real" instruments.
Here is Vivaldi performed by Lucie Horsch. If I weren't afraid of breaking some rule or offending some prudish sensibilities around here, I might comment more on how nice it is to see her mouth that instrument. (Twenty-year-old Lucie Horsch is one of the most remarkable musical talents of her generation, and already in great demand as a solo recorder player both in her native Netherlands and internationally. She is performing with baroque ensembles as well as with modern orchestras.)
As a kid, I played the recorder, not like that though!

It depresses me no end thinking about all those kids who will miss summer camp this year. It makes me think back to the transcendental joys of my summer camp:

Wondering what it might have been that you managed to transcend while at summer camp? :rolleyes:

I ask that this thread be confined to cheerful, happy thoughts. I don't mean that you can't have serious thoughts about the world. However, I started this as a place to provide an escape for those who are isolated, confined, and possibly depressed. Uplifting, and inspirational is the goal.
unnamed (7).jpg
These thoughts are a good example of what I mean

Back
Top Bottom