Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
The hubby and I are holding up okay in these weird times. We're rather lucky, compared to the suffering that so many are experiencing.

I'm a rock-and-roll girl. Perhaps the one thing I am most looking forward to after all this is over is going to a concert. Being in the middle of an audience and losing myself in the music. Feeling all that beautiful electric noise pound me into a pulp and wash me away. We used to go to lots of shows in our younger days, but have been to only maybe 3 in the past few years. Now that we can't do it at all, we want to do it more than ever. Like everyone, I've felt depressed and isolated at times the past few months. But reminding myself that someday I'll do this again helps to keep my spirits up.

The hubby and I are holding up okay in these weird times. We're rather lucky, compared to the suffering that so many are experiencing.

I'm a rock-and-roll girl. Perhaps the one thing I am most looking forward to after all this is over is going to a concert. Being in the middle of an audience and losing myself in the music. Feeling all that beautiful electric noise pound me into a pulp and wash me away. We used to go to lots of shows in our younger days, but have been to only maybe 3 in the past few years. Now that we can't do it at all, we want to do it more than ever. Like everyone, I've felt depressed and isolated at times the past few months. But reminding myself that someday I'll do this again helps to keep my spirits up.

That would be something to see, go-go belly dancing!!

Would you believe I stumbled upon something which might just be that? :p

The dancing starts out very slow, a bit too slow perhaps. About halfway in the pace picks up and you may well see some sexy moments, as I did.

And though I truly love this music, it's definitely not a tune I would want to perform either a go-go or belly dance to. Need something more energetic for that. This is drug music. Really good drug music, but still. :cool:

Love this! She looks like a woman who relishes in her sexual power. She's smoking hot and she's not going to let you forget it.

P.S. What a magnificent ass she has! :jump1:

Really. A talented, original guitarist and a great body.
The lineup with Fur Dixon didn't last for long, but they made a very sexy pair on stage

I certainly didn't recognize her, so I googled. I she was in the Cramps. Don't know their music well, but love their tune "Garbageman."

And there are titles like "Let's get fucked up", "Can Your Pussy Do the Dog?", "What's Inside a Girl?"

In 1969 was it a dark forecast of, as author Dan Fogerty said, "the apocalypse that was going to be visited upon us"? A vision of a devastating hurricane in the film noir, The Devil And Daniel Webster? or is it a good-time ol' Rock 'n Roll? I find it uplifting.

In 1969 was it a dark forecast of, as author Dan Fogerty said, "the apocalypse that was going to be visited upon us"? A vision of a devastating hurricane in the film noir, The Devil And Daniel Webster? or is it a good-time ol' Rock 'n Roll? I find it uplifting.
I see you're apocalypse and raise you. Michael Stipe has never really explained the song except to say that the fact that all the people mentioned have the same initials (Lenny Bruce, Leonard Bernstein, Lester Bangs, Leonid Brezhnev) came from a dream he had.
Since March 2020, downloads of the song have increased 184%.
If you really want to sing along.......good luck.:cool:

This Bach masterpiece was originally written as the Prelude 5 in E minor (No. 18) for Notebook for Wilhelm Friedemann Bach (1720). This prelude most known in a transcription by Alexander Siloti, who transposed the piece into B minor.

J. S. Bach - Prelude in B minor, BWV 855a (arranged by A. Siloti)

Later Bach transformed the earlier version into the Prelude No. 10 in E minor from the first volume of The Well-Tempered Clavier (1722), where the original part of the right hand passed to the left hand and a new virtuoso part appeared in the right hand.

J. S. Bach - Prelude and Fugue in E minor, BWV 855

This Bach masterpiece was originally written as the Prelude 5 in E minor (No. 18) for Notebook for Wilhelm Friedemann Bach (1720). This prelude most known in a transcription by Alexander Siloti, who transposed the piece into B minor.

I love Emil Gilels' version. Confronted with the work by Siloti, there are some differences in the voicings of the left hand that he intoduced (he had pretty small hands).
I own an exact transcription based on his version.

Back
Top Bottom