Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
This movement of Schumann's Piano Concerto is particularly uplifting, especially uplifting is the pianist.
I've often wondered whether orchestral conductors are really necessary -
none of the front row male string players are watching him ... :p

But there are and always were really good-looking female musicians in the world who make me forget something when I am looking at them - ahm ... there was something what this woman was doing ... but what?
Oh yes, after some time looking at her, I sometimes remember again: she is really also playing an instrument.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_22h20m59s_005_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_22h22m20s_006_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_22h25m13s_007_.jpg

A longer time ago, I really forgot that this woman was indeed singing when I saw this on German TV - you could have asked me later: - "What was she singing?" - "Ahm, ... just a moment ... ahm ... I really try to remember ... ahm ...?!?"

But there are and always were really good-looking female musicians in the world who make me forget something when I am looking at them - ahm ... there was something what this woman was doing ... but what?
Oh yes, after some time looking at her, I sometimes remember again: she is really also playing an instrument.

View attachment 844448 View attachment 844449 View attachment 844450

A longer time ago, I really forgot that this woman was indeed singing when I saw this on German TV - you could have asked me later: - "What was she singing?" - "Ahm, ... just a moment ... ahm ... I really try to remember ... ahm ...?!?"

Between 1997 and 2002, there was a very good musician from Canada well known in Europe, who mixed all kinds of European music in a perfect way.
She is Loreena McKennit.
Because she is also of Scottish & Irish origin, she was also very successful with her music there and I remember to have seen one of her concerts on the European cultural TV channels of the French-German "ARTE" and the German-Austrian-Swiss channel "3sat".
It is this one and this concert became also famous in Germany because of its unusual Spanish-Oriental influence in McKennit's music and then there was the beautiful place of this concert: The middle-aged Arabic castle & palace "Alhambra" in the Spanish city of Granada.

A beautiful concert with an unusual almost mystic mixture of European and Oriental music with musicians from Canada, Great Britain, Spain, France, Germany, Morocco etc.

And not to forget how I just remembered this concert ... There was not only Loreena McKennit, but also this other women ... and I had never seen before such a beautiful, blonde woman playing a bass in such a dream-like and elegant manner:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_23h41m15s_010_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_23h38m17s_008_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.04_23h39m32s_009_.jpg

Last edited:
This movement of Schumann's Piano Concerto is particularly uplifting, especially uplifting is the pianist.
I got a little uneasy at the title because, unlike Barb or Siss in our fantasies, she is a real person who didn't consent to offer her body for lewd pleasures of others. But I still agree that she is verty beaufitul. I just wish I knew more of classical music so I could appreciate her musical talent as much as her appearance, as that must be the area in which she has devoted her life to perfect her skills.

Ever get one of those moods, when the only thing that can lift you out of it is three good-looking Finnish lassies jumping up and down and singing their little hearts out?? I do... :enamorado:

Or, of course memories of Stacy's Mom

Just three days ago we lost Adam Schlesinger, a member of Fountains of Wayne as a result of coronavirus complications.

Jupiter (in the form of a fly) seduces Eurydice in the famous “buzzing duet” from Offenbach’s Orpheus in the Underworld... or does she seduce him... watch to the end for one of the great orgasms of opera! :p

In the Gospel of Mark, the ‘triumphal’ entry of Jesus into Jerusalem on ‘Palm Sunday” is very simple, almost humble.

Then they brought the colt to Jesus, threw their cloaks on it, and he sat on it. Many spread their cloaks on the road and others spread branches they had cut in the fields. Both those who went ahead and those who followed kept shouting, “Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!” Then Jesus entered Jerusalem and went to the temple. And after looking around at everything, he went out to Bethany with the twelve since it was already late.

The action is a not subtle reference to a passage in Zechariah, the penultimate book of the Old Testament.

Rejoice greatly, daughter of Zion!
Shout, daughter of Jerusalem!
Look! Your king is coming to you:
he is legitimate and victorious,
humble and riding on a donkey –
on a young donkey, the foal of a female donkey

Several commentators have raised the idea of this being a contrast to another event. The Roman procurator (not Governor, Judea wasn’t big enough to rate being a provincia with a propraetor or proconsul ruling. Pontius Pilate was a procurator, the administrative level below a Rector provinciae, a kind of chief accountant, more responsible for money than rule) spent most of his time in the very Romanized city of Caesarea Maritima, the civilian and military capital and the official residence of the Roman ruler. However, with the approach of the religiously and politically turbulent time of Passover, Pilate would move his headquarters and much of his military force to the nexus of Jerusalem. Scholars have speculated as to whether Pilate’s entry might have coincided with that of Jesus.

Image the contrast this would establish. You can envision Pilate arriving, riding a large, decorated warhorse with a large contingent of heavy cavalry and armored legionaries. Before would march the trumpeters and the standard bearers carrying the eagles and wearing their ferocious animal hides! It would have been a calculated and orchestrated display of Roman might to awe the restless and oppressed population.

One the other side of town, an itinerant preacher from the disregarded region of Galilee (recall Nathanael’s words in the Gospel of John, “Can any good thing come from Nazareth?”), accompanied by a rag-tag body of poor peasants and cheered by a few random onlookers, rides in on a donkey. A very much underwhelming display!

But Jesus entry echoes that described in Zechariah, where the king is described as “legitimate and victorious, humble and riding on a donkey.” So God will send his righteous King, not the Roman tyrant.

Pilate, coming from the coast, would surely enter Jerusalem by the Western Gate, beside which was Herod’s Palace, his residence while in the City. Jesus entered by the Eastern Gate, coming from Bethpage. The Roman in the West, where the day ends, Jesus in the East where a new day rises.

Whose world was ending and whose beginning.

Rejoice today, even in isolation, for God is with us.

Back
Top Bottom