Victim's Eye View

Go to CruxDreams.com
A scene that I had not illustrated before in The Serpent's Eye was the point where they were lifting Sabina's patibulum up with her wrists nailed to it and it reached the instant where her toes were just leaving the ground. I realized that this was particularly significant because up until that point in time, she would have felt some vestiges of normalcy and control. Even though her wrists were nailed and she was no longer able to use her hands, the ground beneath her continued to support her. She could feel it beneath her feet just as always. But when her feet left the ground and she was dangling by her nailed wrists, all of that suddenly changed.

I had to go back and try to capture that instant. Here are a couple of views for context, showing her expression of agonized terror as she strains to reach the ground beneath her, still barely able to touch it with the toes of one foot.

Here's a close-up of her face as her wounded wrists take all of her weight and panic seizes her when she can no longer touch the ground and she's utterly helpless. They can do absolutely anything to her now; she is completely vulnerable.

Looking downward, she would see her naked body and her toes groping for some support.

To her left, her domina watches as Sabina is lifted to hang on her cross.

To her right, the executioner's helper watches appreciatively as he lifts her up. He has seen many such.

And in front of her are onlookers, some looking mildly shocked at the sight of this naked girl being crucified, others grinning or laughing at her terror and suffering.

Sensational lifting scene. Thank's Jeddak.

I've been filling in some gaps in the illustrations for "The Serpent's Eye" where I had to skip over some of the action or else I'd never have finished. Looks like I might never finish anyway!

I'm working on some more scenes for the interval where Sabina is carrying her patibulum to the place of execution. I'd already shown her struggling and being pushed along once she balked upon seeing how close she was to her cross. Now, in this scene, she's almost at the end of her journey. Hercules, the executioner's helper who has been leading her by a chain attached to the iron collar around her neck, has stopped and turned around and is pulling her steadily closer, dragging her like a terrified animal. Meanwhile, Antius, the executioner, stands waiting with his hammer and nails.

Here are a couple of renders for context:

468160-45bd39e29d416480acadbe03ec30f059.jpg
468161-0e5c0de1f0059a032cde2d8c38544553.jpg

And here is a near-victim's eye view and a couple of close-ups.

468162-df46325006b12d1caea5a2eb4df64fcf.jpg
468163-81bbc0576bc50778546d3db9f705c8d1.jpg
468164-58da98f4aa0d3a2e6c8ef88d59cb9394.jpg
I so much wish I was her....

In the previous scene I posted from The Serpent's Eye, Sabina had fallen to her knees before her cross and Ajax, one of the executioner's helpers, was removing Sabina's shackles. At the same time, Hercules, the other executioner's helper, still had a firm hold on the chain attached to her slave collar and was lifting the patibulum off of her shoulder.

477885-839579cab0e07569bfec72bb0ac8a564.jpg

In the next scene, Ajax is pulling Sabina to her feet where they will remove her slave collar, strip off her loincloth and turn her to face the Carnifex, who will read her condemnation and give the final order for her to be crucified.

When I do these scenes, there's some choreography as I think about what the characters should naturally do and then pose them. In the scene above, Ajax grasps Sabina's right forearm with his left hand and holds it up while he removed the shackle with his right hand. If he's right-handed then that should be natural for him. From there, he tosses the shackles on the ground and grabs Sabina's upraised upper arm with his right hand, then transfers his left hand to her left upper arm and lifts her up from her kneeling position.

At the same time, Hercules drops the patibulum on the ground while holding on to the lead chain.

Sabina comes up awkwardly. She is tired and wasn't prepared to be lifted up like that. All of which makes for some great twists and bends and a very interesting pose. At the same time, the expression on her face shows her pain and terror. Every step in this process brings her closer to being crucified.

Here are a couple of pictures for context, to show a bit of the overall scene:

477886-c5e8cf3801fafaec1bd405f27a8ae29d.jpg
477887-6cdfabea4cc7a40cd65e92de56edbfef.jpg

And here are a few near-victim's eye views:

477888-e972e986eab5ab75053dda30426d274b.jpg
477889-e987f988ea0e9c849d2c5f23c593ec3b.jpg
477890-5ec6e0ed32c08881633a4ad510e578f0.jpg
Hello Jedakk, thank you for your fantastic further images of Sabina's crucifixion. I try to update my Jedakk image collection as you post new images and I am most grateful for your continuing master work.
The images attached to your 'watched threads' mailing list despatch of 14 May (my time) are not here at this link. They seem to be further enhancements of your earlier images from"The Serpent's Eye" masterpiece. Are you able to these erotic images of Sabina being made to carry her patibulum, please?

Attachments

• 2018-05-16 Sabina aditional images missing?.png
    2018-05-16 Sabina aditional images missing?.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 954
Hello Jedakk, thank you for your fantastic further images of Sabina's crucifixion. I try to update my Jedakk image collection as you post new images and I am most grateful for your continuing master work.
The images attached to your 'watched threads' mailing list despatch of 14 May (my time) are not here at this link. They seem to be further enhancements of your earlier images from"The Serpent's Eye" masterpiece. Are you able to these erotic images of Sabina being made to carry her patibulum, please?
You should know/read this thread:
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/jedakk-an-announcement.6745/

Back
Top Bottom