Video - Movies search & find thread

Go to CruxDreams.com
As the following is a pert peeve of mine, a short note:

(...)
You're Going To Go Into Shock

As this starts to happen, your body, brain, and nerves are all going to start completely freaking out. Electrical impulses are going to be misfiring, (...) and you'll probably be more terrified than you've ever been in your life. So, as you might expect, you're going to go into shock.

That is one of the most enduring popular myths and constant source of nonsensical claims. The medical concept of shock is generally completely unrelated to whatever bullshit your brain does or noes not.

As you later correctly write (and subsequently again completely ignore)

Indeed. And that doesn't only comes from blood loss - any chemical or physiological effect that removes fluid from your bloodstream can cause shock. Shock means BP is slumping and at some point the whole thing stops working, and one by one organs will shut down, each adding to the destructive spiral in its own way.

Yes, there are special cases where illness or injuries to brain or central nerves can cause misdirection in the circulatory system to such a degree that shock ensues as well, but those do not normally happen with injuries. The body's standard emergency control programs are pretty robust and are quite capable of dealing with - or at least functioning under - the immediate situation of large scale injury.

Without modern medical treatment large scale burn victims often die of shock by fluid loss (blood + fluids), or of systemic poisoning when their body tries to break down and process the damaged tissue.

I did stumble across a video several years back now, I think it was Korean,
that showed a woman being flayed. I'm not squeamish,
but I didn't watch much of it, it was quite horrible, without any redeeming erotic merit.
And I was far from sure whether it was staged, it could have been a real snuff video.
I don't know if it's still around on the net, I hope not.

And that is where the problem lies with always demanding harder and more, and more and harder, whether it is in stories or art or video. A dozen lashes? No, she must have a dozen dozen. Crucify? Sure, but we must add additional refinements to increase suffering. And so we end up with something so extreme that even most members here, let alone the general public cannot watch it, even if it only simulated (we hope).

Is that erotic? Not for me. Eroticism, IMO lies in the context and the relationships between the characters and the believability of the scene, not in ticking off boxes in a catalog of horrors...

And that is where the problem lies with always demanding harder and more, and more and harder, whether it is in stories or art or video. A dozen lashes? No, she must have a dozen dozen. Crucify? Sure, but we must add additional refinements to increase suffering. And so we end up with something so extreme that even most members here, let alone the general public cannot watch it, even if it only simulated (we hope).

Is that erotic? Not for me. Eroticism, IMO lies in the context and the relationships between the characters and the believability of the scene, not in ticking off boxes in a catalog of horrors...
I agree with that, Windar!

As you may see... All this horrible methods were invented for men... Only

View attachment 539378
I see mostly men being killed in awful ways, yeah. But, unfortunately, not men only. Your reaction is the same as mine.

I agree. The pain is important, and important as a part of the process, but it's also important as a way to highlight the beautiful. Part of the reason crucifixion remains vividly hot, is due to the nudity. Even when it's bruised and battered, it's still nude skin. If you flay all of the skin off, it's like she is clothed in blood and fat and muscle instead. Not hot, just gross.

I've stumbled upon this old pic just recently so I wonder if anybody knows if there is a video?
I remember seeing this on the Foundation a couple of years ago and the image was titled "wolfe".
View attachment 547634
I can only find it as a single shot, I'm afraid, John.

It's about on a number of sites, in some cases titled 'Indya crucified.'

in some cases titled 'Indya crucified.'
One of our members - Indya
She adopted a number of images and made collections of them, sometimes adding a titulus in her name.

If you flay all of the skin off, it's like she is clothed in blood and fat and muscle instead. Not hot, just gross.

That said, Julia in Hellraiser II was about as hot and sexy as a flayed reanimated corpse could get :devil:
5b09d2483ab1e1460b6d1cafdceeb885.jpg1079368_705183146163732_2020815870_n_by_megmurrderher-d6gd8e7.jpgc3967819f5b0fd47a192eeb7156b4725--horror-icons-horror-films.jpghellraiser-julia-18.jpgtumblr_otza7dJ5nu1w4x15zo1_500.jpg

Thirty Proof Coil

I've recently stumbled upon a review of a movie called "Thirty Proof Coil" (2010) link
The review includes a behind-the-scenes photograph of a semi-dressed main heroine ready to be nailed to a crossbeam.
All I was able to find out is that this movie is available on Amazon for renting by the price of $3.99.
I wonder if anyone else has got more details on this scene/movie or has this movie or a link to it.
Cheers!
Thirty-Proof-Coil-003B-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First time ever hearing of this.

Just like most of the other members here, I'm afraid. Thanks for keeping the thread alive, though!

Here's what I've been able to dig up on that scene, by the way.
The woman, while chained in a barn, imagines what would one or another person do. Besides some hilarious thoughts on what would MacGyver do (“What would MacGyver do? Would he be like…I’ll fashion a cell phone out of your uterus and call someone to get me the f#ck out of this barn.” ~ The Woman), it is also mentioned that she imagines what would Jesus do. So, with this info and the photograph given, there is a good chance that the character will endure the crucifixion.

Alas and dammit, Amazon does not allow me to rent the movie due to some of their limitations, so I guess we will have to wait either for a good samaritan who will be able to spend three to four bucks to look into it or for someone who already saw the movie to clarify the, um, problem under consideration.

Cheers!

I've recently stumbled upon a review of a movie called "Thirty Proof Coil" (2010) link
The review includes a behind-the-scenes photograph of a semi-dressed main heroine ready to be nailed to a crossbeam.
All I was able to find out is that this movie is available on Amazon for renting by the price of $3.99.
I wonder if anyone else has got more details on this scene/movie or has this movie or a link to it.
Cheers!
View attachment 559706
Is that a nail or a chisel? :eek:

Is that a nail or a chisel? :eek:

I would say that it is definitely a nail, yet considering the exhausted look and pose of the woman I might also suggest that it is a rubber nail.:biggrin:

A young woman is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger and chained in an eerie, dilapidated barn. Unwilling to play the victim, she plots a daring escape. With thirst and hunger bearing down, her grip on reality loosens. Can she free herself from the chain and the haunting visions? Why is she here? Is that strange presence outside the barn her imagination or the reason for her capture? Thirty Proof Coil, despite its modest budget, leverages brilliant acting, a dramatic location and unabashed enthusiasm to punch viewers right in the nose.

—Anonymous

Calico Cooper stars as a kidnapped woman depending upon her wits, intelligence, and stamina to survive six days without food or water. Chained by a thirty proof coil to a post in a century-old barn, she battles her demons - real and imagined - as she sinks deeper into despair.

—Will Schmeckpeper

"I would hope that Idahoans would recognize that there are good movies grown here by local people," says Schmeckpeper. "People that they can actually interact with, even become part of the process with."

That last quote is from the fullest article about the film I've found in a quick search:

https://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/l...premieres-saturday-july-9/Content?oid=2349665

if that is a nail, or my God, her hand will be torn apart...
my nails were very thin, I was luckier

It is not necessarily her hands be torn apart, and here's why. Wragg's comment mentioning a chisel is quite relevant to the purpose of such nails - they are driven between the bones to push them apart, therefore causing an intensely rubbing of their nerve endings as bones have a lot of them on their surface. Due to the narrowed elongated nature of the shafts of such nails they are quite unlikely to break the bones, though.

A young woman is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger and chained in an eerie, dilapidated barn. Unwilling to play the victim, she plots a daring escape. With thirst and hunger bearing down, her grip on reality loosens. Can she free herself from the chain and the haunting visions? Why is she here? Is that strange presence outside the barn her imagination or the reason for her capture? Thirty Proof Coil, despite its modest budget, leverages brilliant acting, a dramatic location and unabashed enthusiasm to punch viewers right in the nose.

—Anonymous

Calico Cooper stars as a kidnapped woman depending upon her wits, intelligence, and stamina to survive six days without food or water. Chained by a thirty proof coil to a post in a century-old barn, she battles her demons - real and imagined - as she sinks deeper into despair.

—Will Schmeckpeper

"I would hope that Idahoans would recognize that there are good movies grown here by local people," says Schmeckpeper. "People that they can actually interact with, even become part of the process with."

That last quote is from the fullest article about the film I've found in a quick search:

https://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/l...premieres-saturday-july-9/Content?oid=2349665

That's a nice search, Eulalia! Based on the reviews the film reminds me of 10 Cloverfield Lane somehow... I wish it was as popular so that there was a torrented "preview".

Back
Top Bottom