Vintage Advertisement - political correctness not really given

Go to CruxDreams.com
You too can draw BDSM artwork!
(taken from RL)::oops:
"Son! This is the moment in your life when decisions have to be made! I know you love drawing, you have talent, and you would like very much to become a cartoonist! But unfortunately, this is the time, you have to make the difficult choice between becoming a cartoonist, or becoming an arms dealer! Both choices need the same guts and hard working to succeed, but, believe me, when you succeed, trading weapons earns much more money than drawing cartoons! The day your weapons business will have provided you a more than sustainable bank account, you still can do something with your drawing talents!"

(And you, Lox, did you listen to your father, so long ago? Damn man, you even did not have artistic talents either!):doh:

ok, I flat out don't believe that's a real ad.

These ones?

View attachment 683731
Probably
Real indeed. Beginning in 1963, Tareyton cigarettes ran a series of print, TV and radio adds with the slogan: "I'd rather fight than switch (brands)". The ads featured people with "black eyes" - obviously painted on. They were very successful, pushing the brand into the top10 in America
tareyton1.jpgtareyton2.jpgTareyton3.jpgtareyton4.jpg
The ads featured both men and women. But, you have to wonder how an add campaign that features women with black eyes would fly today.
Interesting side note: One ad featured a young model named Martha Stewart.
tareytonms.jpg
That's right. Homemaking maven, ex-convict and BBF of Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart. In the early 60s, she had a career as model.
stewart1.jpgstewart2.jpgstewart3.jpg

Real indeed. Beginning in 1963, Tareyton cigarettes ran a series of print, TV and radio adds with the slogan: "I'd rather fight than switch (brands)". The ads featured people with "black eyes" - obviously painted on. They were very successful, pushing the brand into the top10 in America
View attachment 684761View attachment 684762View attachment 684763View attachment 684764
The ads featured both men and women. But, you have to wonder how an add campaign that features women with black eyes would fly today.
Interesting side note: One ad featured a young model named Martha Stewart.
View attachment 684766
That's right. Homemaking maven, ex-convict and BBF of Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart. In the early 60s, she had a career as model.
View attachment 684768RView attachment 684769View attachment 684770
Her brother was a fellow Rotarian with me near Buffalo NY!

Less violent, but somewhat dated dating advice:
ca3f819b8ee5142e97725e0eff1de312.jpg

It's well known that sex sells. But shoe polish? In the 1950s, the Griffin company used sex to sell it's Microsheen shoe polish. I don't know if the ads worked. I'm sure they got noticed, but did anyone remember the product?
micro1.jpgmicro2.jpgmicro3.jpgmicro4.jpgmicro5.jpgmicro6.jpgmicro7.jpgmicro8.jpg
And, on the subject of using sex to sell: this is an ad for a French anti-smoking campaign.
association-de-defence-contre-le-tabac-girl.jpg

A reason to be care to assess the driving skills of your future bride (even it not Barb):
d8844d103428b9e0126988458bdc9d8c.jpg
"Women are soft and gentle, but they hit things" (boy, does this guy know Barb!)
I, of course, am still restoring one of the great German cars of all time
Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F086568-0046,_Leipzig,_ausgeschlachteter_PKW_Trabant_(Trabbi).jpgA 1984 Trabant 601!
I am having trouble finding parts (and translating the ads for parts that are in German!). I was asking one guy from Saxony about a fuel gauge and he just laughed and cut me off! Surprisingly all the ads I've found so far are to sell Trabants or their parts. No one is offering to buy? I guess its time hasn't come yet.

Back
Top Bottom