Vintage Advertisement - political correctness not really given

Go to CruxDreams.com
I think this qualifies as politically incorrect - at least some people seem to think so.
A New York plastic surgery clinic has been posting ads in the NYC subway:
View attachment 715131View attachment 715132View attachment 715125
Patrons have been providing their own commentary:
View attachment 715126View attachment 715129
It doesn't seem to have the same reaction in the UK:
View attachment 715130
And billboards are a lot harder to get to:
View attachment 715128View attachment 715127

Interesting to see the denizens of the subway fighting the good fight against Big Advertising :D

That last billboard, "A gift you can both enjoy" ?

I'd rather small and natural than large and fake!

Interesting to see the denizens of the subway fighting the good fight against Big Advertising :D

That last billboard, "A gift you can both enjoy" ?

I'd rather small and natural than large and fake!
I have to confess being curious about those Brazilian Buttock Lifts.:oops:
And who can argue with "Get Moore, Pay less!" Oh...wait...that was more...forget that.:rolleyes:

"I'd rather small and natural than large and fake!" Me too!

Last edited:
In its first five years of publication National Lampoon had a feature called Foto Funnies, featuring the model Danielle.

A41A3E4A-B7BA-4C22-808A-887AD849F012.jpeg

During that time she also was in a parody ad I wish could find, but looked something like this.

8A454E5C-4CD1-460F-86A0-94B54388A665.jpeg
BIG BREASTS!
Help me get the breast reduction surgery I so desperately need!

I think this qualifies as politically incorrect - at least some people seem to think so.
A New York plastic surgery clinic has been posting ads in the NYC subway:
View attachment 715131View attachment 715132View attachment 715125
Patrons have been providing their own commentary:
View attachment 715126View attachment 715129
It doesn't seem to have the same reaction in the UK:
View attachment 715130
And billboards are a lot harder to get to:
View attachment 715128View attachment 715127
$3900 certainly is obscene! :tits:

"Captured: The essence of fascination"
ce5314e8ef3c5e59c651d7a7c65d7b15--vintage-perfume-parfums.jpg
Note subtly in the background, the medieval tapestry of the unicorn with a very long, very sharp horn! Implying what? To Whom? A symbol of the chivalrous ideal of controlled masculinity,
The tapestry is called the "Unicorn in Captivity." at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.
DP118991.jpgFrom the meseum's description:
In this instance, the unicorn probably represents the beloved tamed. He is tethered to a tree and constrained by a fence, but the chain is not secure and the fence is low enough to leap over: The unicorn could escape if he wished. Clearly, however, his confinement is a happy one, to which the ripe, seed-laden pomegranates in the tree—a medieval symbol of fertility and marriage—testify. The red stains on his flank do not appear to be blood, as there are no visible wounds like those in the hunting series; rather, they represent juice dripping from bursting pomegranates above. Many of the other plants represented here, such as wild orchid, bistort, and thistle, echo this theme of marriage and procreation: they were acclaimed in the Middle Ages as fertility aids for both men and women. Even the little frog, nestled among the violets at the lower right, was cited by medieval writers for its noisy mating.

"Captured: The essence of fascination"
View attachment 715583
Note subtly in the background, the medieval tapestry of the unicorn with a very long, very sharp horn! Implying what? To Whom? A symbol of the chivalrous ideal of controlled masculinity,
The tapestry is called the "Unicorn in Captivity." at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.
View attachment 715584From the meseum's description:
In this instance, the unicorn probably represents the beloved tamed. He is tethered to a tree and constrained by a fence, but the chain is not secure and the fence is low enough to leap over: The unicorn could escape if he wished. Clearly, however, his confinement is a happy one, to which the ripe, seed-laden pomegranates in the tree—a medieval symbol of fertility and marriage—testify. The red stains on his flank do not appear to be blood, as there are no visible wounds like those in the hunting series; rather, they represent juice dripping from bursting pomegranates above. Many of the other plants represented here, such as wild orchid, bistort, and thistle, echo this theme of marriage and procreation: they were acclaimed in the Middle Ages as fertility aids for both men and women. Even the little frog, nestled among the violets at the lower right, was cited by medieval writers for its noisy mating.

A beautiful new set of those tapestries has been made for the Queen's Chamber in Stirling Castle

1560202405926.png

Ah yes, a more innocent age, it seems, where a man could spank his wife (or indeed other random females) without censure, if pop culture can be believed.

The Duke did it
john_wayne_train_up_a_child.jpg

The Phantom did it
phantom070238.jpg

Even Jolly got into it (and copped a feel there too)
IMG_9397.jpg

But not everyone was on board
d1fad5282cf7d83ebd17c48cfcec576b.jpg

A Norton? Just a guess!

Close Gibbs it is a British bike, an Ariel Square 4. A motorcycle produced from 1931 to 1959 and designed by Edward Turner in 1928. Extremely smooth running and powerful. But manufacturing costs and desire for newer high revving engines put them out of production. The exhaust pipes in the picture gave it away for me, there are no others like that with 2 pipes coming out of the head on one side, it had 4 cylinders in a square configuration. You can see and hear one running here:

['sOTE="Praefectus Praetorio, post: 455760, member: 20179"]Very Vintage - Very French[/QUOTE]

I have seen some of these (comparable style) gas ovens being used in the 1960's. Apparently, I have become vintage too!:eek:

Much of these models had a burner adapted to coal gas. They could not be converted for burning on other types of gas, like butane or natural gas, so, when the gas factories became disused, these models had to be replaced in the kitchens.

At Last! An all Natural Treatment (hysterectomies are a psychological thing of the past) for a Pressing Problem
sexualization.jpg
Several Women here (particularly the constant complainers) should try this product!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom