Vintage Advertisement - political correctness not really given

Go to CruxDreams.com
These ones are wrong on so many levels that I don´t know what to say... Is "external shame" a english term?
Funny! The wording is a little bit patronising, but...
They are less wrong than they look like.

The first one was in the times, one needed demolition tools from, and a husband who preferably had served in the Engineer's Corps, to open a bottle or a can.
The second one was in times when working relationships between a boss and a worker must have been rather 'male-authoritarian', army style either. Ultimately, male workers have profited from this new working culture too.

Funny! The wording is a little bit patronising, but...
They are less wrong than they look like.

The first one was in the times, one needed demolition tools from, and a husband who preferably had served in the Engineer's Corps, to open a bottle or a can.
That hasn't changed too much. I've got a jar of sauerkraut three members of my family have failed to open. Maybe the gorilla should try.
Funny!
The second one was in times when working relationships between a boss and a worker must have been rather 'male-authoritarian', army style either. Ultimately, male workers have profited from this new working culture too.
I agree. especially that part about "horse play". Know what I mean Mr Weinstein?:D

These ones are wrong on so many levels that I don´t know what to say... Is "external shame" a english term?
View attachment 625013View attachment 625014
Seems men back than thought women were as skillful as him
View attachment 625015
Is the third one also supposed to be a woman employee. That list of accommodations! Wow, might as well shutdown the whole plant and discuss colors for the sofa cushions!! It is so clear how wrong it was in the beginning to think women could handle complicated jobs out of the house as men do.

It was more or less what I was taught in the 1990s in classes on managing team members of both (or perhaps all) genders. So the field of Human Resources must have decided those were good ideas...

So the field of Human Resources must have decided those were good ideas...
Does Human Resources endorsement constitute a positive or negative indication? Remember the great job they did getting in front of the sexual harassment potential at Weinstein, CBS, NBC, Penn State, Catholic Church in PA, need I go on!

Does Human Resources endorsement constitute a positive or negative indication? Remember the great job they did getting in front of the sexual harassment potential at Weinstein, CBS, NBC, Penn State, Catholic Church in PA, need I go on!
I'm not a big fan of Human Resources, but that wasn't the point of my comment. One of the statements on the second one Loxuru posted was, "When she does a good job, tell her." I think that applies to anyone in your work or personal life, including writers here at CF;)

I'm not a big fan of Human Resources, but that wasn't the point of my comment. One of the statements on the second one Loxuru posted was, "When she does a good job, tell her." I think that applies to anyone in your work or personal life, including writers here at CF;)
You're wasting your breathe. You're talking to a Neanderthal here. Hairy, Low-browed, and proud of it. True to our system!

You're wasting your breathe. You're talking to a Neanderthal here. Hairy, Low-browed, and proud of it. True to our system!
Don't expect to get sensitivity out of a Praetorian. When you spend your day flogging, crucifying, beating out confessions, raping as an interrogation tool, sensitivity just isn't very satisfying.

It was more or less what I was taught in the 1990s in classes on managing team members of both (or perhaps all) genders. So the field of Human Resources must have decided those were good ideas...
I recall only a few years ago a teacher in a high level cooking school (of the kind attended by future professional chefs) said : “Formerly, if students did not carry out instructions well from the first time, we used to raise our voice immediately. Since there are also girl students, we only raise our voice from the third time students do it wrong!”
(by which he did not want to say girls learn harder, but that the regime had softened since girls were allowed at the school).

This one is great. "You're a Dear, Thoughtful Husband! - You're always seeking some way to make my work lighter and easier."

YES! what 's wrong with that? That's Love!

Then I was very disappointed when I read, "Cannot Wiggle." However, now I think that refers to the Ironing table, not the wive's butt!

While looking for something else, I found these.
In the early XX century, "tonic wines" were advertised largely aimed at women. From I've been able to learn, they rather potent - 15% alcohol by volume or 30 proof - and also infused with caffeine. The "Phosferine" refers to phosphate, which was added as a stabilizer and had no effect at all. I understand some similar products are still sold in the UK but I don't think they're available in the US.
ad8.jpgad11.jpgad9.jpg
But, don't worry if the little woman gets hooked. You can always cure her with cocaine port.
ad12.jpg
Fortunately, by the 50s, science had put pep in pill form.
ad_wife_best_604x500.jpg

Some more:
From a time when shopping was easier:
ad13.jpg
I'm not sure what is going on here:
ad17.jpg
Some of these ads are kinda fetishistic:
ad15.jpgad16.pngad18.jpg
And, we all know the key to being a dom is having the right ties:
ad14.jpg(did he sleep in a neck tie?)
And finally, a recent one:
elephants-peta7925y.jpg(Does PETA really understand their own advertisements?)

Some more:
From a time when shopping was easier:
View attachment 627789
I'm not sure what is going on here:
View attachment 627793
Some of these ads are kinda fetishistic:
View attachment 627791View attachment 627792View attachment 627794
And, we all know the key to being a dom is having the right ties:
View attachment 627790(did he sleep in a neck tie?)
And finally, a recent one:
View attachment 627795(Does PETA really understand their own advertisements?)
Is this really vintage?
It has a "Committee for a Better America". Is that the prototype of "Make America great again"?
1538319520628.png

288-best-politically-incorrect-ads-images-on-pinterest-examples-of-unethical-ads.jpg

Back
Top Bottom