Watching Threads

Go to CruxDreams.com

thehangingtree

Proconsul
Staff member
When you come to Crux Forums it really doesn't take long to see who has added anything. If the 'Balloon' has a deeper color there are new posts in the categories in the forums. When you click on the categories the threads will have a blue 'bullet' showing you what threads you've yet to read.

Support those who post

Thanks Tree, I'd not spotted the 'blue bullets', my eye was always on the date of last post and my brain trying (not always very successfully) to remember when I last visited.

I must try CF sober one day.
Glad to help... let me know how the 'sober' thing works... I might try it!!!

Thanks for explaining, Tree.
Using the balloons and bullets you can find what haven't seen on the site in less than 10 minutes... Glad to help

Is the blue balloon new? I had always just used the "new posts" tab.
The bright Balloon by the thread category and the bullets within each category have been around for quite a while, probably longer than it took me to figure out what they meant:p but I find them quicker than going back and forth to the 'new posts' tab....

If the 'Balloon' has a deeper color there are new posts in the categories in the forums. When you click on the categories the threads will have a blue 'bullet' showing you what threads you've yet to read.

Since you've posted this, I always use the 'blue bullet' (can that be taken more than one way?). But in any one category there may be threads I'm not bothered about. If unread, they still illuminate the 'balloon'. Is there any way to turn off the bullet and hence the balloon for threads I don't want?

Since you've posted this, I always use the 'blue bullet' (can that be taken more than one way?). But in any one category there may be threads I'm not bothered about. If unread, they still illuminate the 'balloon'. Is there any way to turn off the bullet and hence the balloon for threads I don't want?
You can always mark all forums read, after going through the things that interest you. That option appears on the top right of the "new posts" list.

You can always mark all forums read, after going through the things that interest you. That option appears on the top right of the "new posts" list.
I hate when I may have actually started a useful post!!!:devil::devil::devil:
OS, there are threads that I don't read (TC's BDSM thread that deals with breast torture is just not my thing!!!).

I use the 'watched threads' function. Very useful. Like Tree, there are some threads which a) don't float my boat, and b) I don't have time to read - you could spend your every waking minute on here and barely keep up! Quite how the mods manage is beyond me....

Anyway, if you post on a thread it automatically becomes a 'watched thread.'

Up at top right of every page of a thread are the words 'watch thread' (red arrow)

watch thread.jpg

You can click this link to select or deselect a thread to watch.

On the main forums page, or at the top of a page you've looked at, just click 'watched threads' and you'll see the latest 20 watched threads. (blue arrow)

You will only get alerts on watched threads, sometimes I see people complaining that they're not getting alerts, nine times out of ten it's because they haven't set the thread to be watched.

If an entire forum interests you, you can use 'watched forums' to make every thread in that forum a watched thread.

The disadvantage of using watched threads is that you can overlook new threads, and sometimes an old thread which you are not technically watching may resurface, so do look at 'new posts' before you log off.

On the whole, I do think that Image Maker and the mods are to be congratulated on making these forums pretty user-friendly, and they would be truly perfect if only Barb didn't keep crashing them every time the going gets a bit sticky on a Tree thread! :doh:

Last edited:
I use the 'watched threads' function. Very useful. Like Tree, there are some threads which a) don't float my boat, and b) I don't have time to read - you could spend your every waking minute on here and barely keep up! Quite how the mods manage is beyond me....

Anyway, if you post on a thread it automatically becomes a 'watched thread.'

Up at top right of every page of a thread are the words 'watch thread' (red arrow)

View attachment 367900

You can click this link to select or deselect a thread to watch.

On the main forums page, or at the top of a page you've looked at, just click 'watched threads' and you'll see the latest 20 watched threads. (blue arrow)

You will only get alerts on watched threads, sometimes I see people complaining that they're not getting alerts, nine times out of ten it's because they haven't set the thread to be watched.

If an entire forum interests you, you can use 'watched forums' to make every thread in that forum a watched thread.

The disadvantage of using watched threads is that you can overlook new threads, and sometimes an old thread which you are not technically watching may resurface, so do look at 'new posts' before you log off.

On the whole, I do think that Image Maker and the mods are to be congratulated on making these forums pretty user-friendly, and they would be truly perfect if only Barb didn't keep crashing them every time the going gets a bit sticky on a Tree thread! :doh:

I saw that ... sneaky Wragg! ... and you thought I didn't read every word you post ... !!! :spank::spank:

Thank you, I just didn't know what that button did, I've used it and it suits my style of browsing.

I hate when I may have actually started a useful post!!!:devil::devil::devil:

Never start anything you can't handle on this forum.

Lots of useful stuff on this thread, it might even be worth making it sticky for newbies to consult.
Not to mention well-whipped staff-slaves, yes there are things here that I didn't know about. :p
I do try to keep an eye on all that's going on, and that's because I enjoy it, but it helps make sure everyone's enjoying themselves,
and occasionally I can step in and give a bit of help, sort out a problem, even give a little reminder of the rules ;)
Obviously I skim over a lot quite quickly, can't always give the time to good stories and discussions that I'd like to,
but I try to prioritise newer and/or quieter members and threads.

One more tip for prioritising what you watch, if you put your cursor over your name at top right,
then click 'your news feed', you can see what all the people you 'follow' have been up to lately.

I don't seem to get alerts on all my watched threads or on the people I follow. I haven't figured out the logic of it. I usually have to check "New Posts" as well, to make sure I haven't missed something. I can live with it.

I don't seem to get alerts on all my watched threads or on the people I follow. I haven't figured out the logic of it. I usually have to check "New Posts" as well, to make sure I haven't missed something. I can live with it.

The only thing I can suggest is that you check your 'alert preferences' under your profile, Jollyrei?

alert preferences.jpg

I haven't figured out the logic of it. I

To be honest, neither have I. I'm not entirely sure there is any logic,
I think it may be to do with the overall capacity of the server.
If everybody always got all the alerts they should,
it would probably require an even more powerful system,
which would probably cost IM, our site owner, a lot more.
Looking at your alerts, your news feed, 'latest threads' on the home-page,
and 'new posts' (which lists all that you haven't looked at, starting with the most recent)
are all likely to help find activity on threads you're keen on,
especially if someone's quoted you in a 'reply',
and possibly interesting new threads or posts too.

Back
Top Bottom