What does your membername or nickname mean? How did you come to your name on CF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16639
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
A long time ago, I was casting around for an online name. Some pretty bad stuff was going on in my life at the time, and I came across the word "migozarad". It is Persian and it means "it will pass". This tied in both with my mood and with certain other things, so I used it, and it has sort of stuck.

And my devilish avatar is something I found on DA by an artist called krysyonysh. It is Woland from The Master and Margarita, which is my favourite novel, and he is my favourite character in it. Even more so than Behemoth!

1573862564986.jpeg

A long time ago, I was casting around for an online name. Some pretty bad stuff was going on in my life at the time, and I came across the word "migozarad". It is Persian and it means "it will pass". This tied in both with my mood and with certain other things, so I used it, and it has sort of stuck.

And my devilish avatar is something I found on DA by an artist called krysyonysh. It is Woland from The Master and Margarita, which is my favourite novel, and he is my favourite character in it. Even more so than Behemoth!

View attachment 776819
I prefer your current one!!!

View attachment 776819
kitty black panther with pirate pistol :oops: :cat:

My username is part of my real name and the avatar are the ravens of Odin, the Germanic god who fly around and watch everything and then tell their one-eyed master. Just like I did here in the forum during the first time, just watch and read along.

I thought I had already responded to this thread, but I can't find it anywhere. So here it is:

When I joined the Crux group back about 1999, I suddenly needed a user name of some kind. Being a long-time science fiction fan, the term "jedak" came to mind. It was the title for the high king of Mars in Edgar Rice Burroughs' Martian Tales series. I think I've read those through three times now, the first time when I was about nine years old. When I tried to create an account using the name "Jedak" it said that name had already been used, so I added an extra "k" on the end and made it "Jedakk".

It also happened that "Jedak" meant "your grandfather" in Arabic, when addressing a male. I lived and worked in Saudi Arabia for 22 years, speak, read and write Arabic somewhat, and I've been a grandfather and a great-grandfather for a very long time too, so that was also appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom