What Happened In Aquileia - Crux Story By Montycrusto

Go to CruxDreams.com
I am sitting here at 23.10, trying to stay awake but I keep finding stories to read to keep me awake. Before I go , and this is why I cannot post, trying to figure out what language you are speaking. I would have no chance having a word fight with you.
thank you for these interesting posts but I need to sleep now.

I loved this story! So dark, so intimate, visceral. It focuses not on the exterior of what is happening, but on the feelings of the characters. I loved how he was disgusted at the tortures inflicted to the prisoners, first with the whipping then with the nailing. And of course I loved that each part opened on the description of the body of the crucified girl as she from the eyes of one who has take part to infltct the ordel. GREAT STORY!

Sweet sweet kisses
Gabriella

What happened in Aquileia – part 6

Epilogue:

A silent understanding grew between them. The woman, sweat-soaked and bloodstained, panting and heaving on the cross, and the man who stood before her, summoning the courage to do his duty. They gazed at each other for some moments. He knew, without words, what he would do for her, and she knew that he was mustering the strength to do it. Her own strength was all but gone; she willed him the last of it. A perfect tenderness, achingly bright, blazed for a brief instant in their eyes, like a spark rising in the night air.

He had wanted to speak to her first, to tell her his story. Why he was doing this. He wanted her to know about Gaius the Centurion, the man he had known all those many years ago, in faraway Gaul. He wanted to tell her about that windy night on a hillside near Juliomagus Andecavorum, when the old Centurion had told him how once, in Aquileia, he had released two suffering Crucifixi from their torment, and how it had changed his life. And how the old man had finished his tale, and gone to sleep, and they had found him the next morning, stone dead, curled up by the dying embers of the fire.

He had wanted to tell her that his name was Gallius Telemachus, and that by saving her, he was also hoping to save himself.

But he could not speak a word; The woman before him was beyond such things, her body a landscape of pain, her mind a dark sky clouded with suffering. He could see it in her eyes.

No more delay, Telemachus.

Set her free.

(the end)
Very, very good story. And the epilogue is superb, full of emotion. You are a great and gifted writer!!!!!!! Thank you for your work.

Well, Monty, I am truly sorry. :(

This story is nearing its second birthday, and I've only just discovered it. :doh:

Well, the sad face is for me. Idiot me missed a real treasure. What an intense story, and what a master story-teller you are! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well, Monty, I am truly sorry. :(

This story is nearing its second birthday, and I've only just discovered it. :doh:

Well, the sad face is for me. Idiot me missed a real treasure. What an intense story, and what a master story-teller you are! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
how on earth did that happen? Oh well, you found it anyway ;)
Thanks for the kind words Wragg, I haven't been around here so much recently, I've been messing about on DeviantArt. But I still drop by occasionally. It's nice to see this old thing getting a bit of a read again! I might even illustrate it one day. Thanks to whoever dredged it up from CF's collective unconscious :rolleyes:

I might even illustrate it one day.
I hope you will, Monty. It's a classic.
I have also only just discovered it.
An outstandingly detailed, compelling and empathetic tale.
Very well done, thank you.

:doh::doh::doh: How I could not see this story, Monty !!!
I knew you by your pics (wonderful) but I was not thinking that you also were a great writter !!!
Thanks so much !
Thanks dear messaline :)
I am glad you enjoyed it :)
Incidentally, did you spot the fact that part of the story is set in your part of the world?
("Juliomagus Andecavorum" = Angers)
I thought I would take a stroll through that part of Gaul... sadly, too early to see any calvaries :rolleyes:

Incidentally, did you spot the fact that part of the story is set in your part of the world?
("Juliomagus Andecavorum" = Angers)
:doh: Even not, monty !!!
Though, this is the bridge dedicaced to the famous Andegaves'chief who was fighting against Caesar , I mean "Dumnaccus" ... This bridge is erected in the South of Angers, on the river Loire, in a little town called "Pont de Cé " (Cé = César ) where Caesar was passing through this river ...

Attachments

• 17263584.jpg
    17263584.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 15
  • dumnacus.jpg
    dumnacus.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
:doh: Even not, monty !!!
Though, this is the bridge dedicaced to the famous Andegaves'chief who was fighting against Caesar , I mean "Dumnaccus" ... This bridge is erected in the South of Angers, on the river Loire, in a little town called "Pont de Cé " (Cé = César ) where Caesar was passing through this river ...
Thanks messa, I did not know about Dumnaccus! Well, I hope he had plenty of "potion magique" :p. before he took on Caesar.
There should be a monument to Gaius the Centurion, also known as Gaius Pica, "the magpie", somewhere on a windy hillside outside Angers...
Oh, I forgot, he was just a character I made up.. :oops: We'll have to use photo-shop ;)

Back
Top Bottom