Whats Going On ???

Go to CruxDreams.com
Just came on-line around 12.30GMT and noticed 47 Robots watching - never seen more than 2 before …. are we under attack, should we gird our loins or grab our hammers and sharpen our nails ?

That really does seem amazing, but there are a lot of search engines out there gathering data and analyzing 24/7.

When I was first on the staff, I was concerned at the number of robots -
indeed, typically in the 50 - 100 range at any one time even then.
But I was able to monitor the activity: the great majority are recognisable as search engines,
and most of the others probably relatively innocent,
though it's well to be aware that (not just here but anywhere on the internet) it's going on all the time,
we're being watched, monitored, spied on.
And some of the bots are looking for 'weaknesses' that could enable baddies to access our private activities -
e.g. if we're stupid enough to use the same password for the Forums as we use for our bank account.
If I've noticed anything unusual lately, it has been occasional drops in robot activity,
I've no idea why those happen.

A (probably) separate but related point: some members have recently reported being denied access
to CF - they've been able to get in after waiting a little while, but if it happens to anyone who reads this,
please let us staff know, so we can get to the bottom of the problem.

When I was first on the staff, I was concerned at the number of robots -
indeed, typically in the 50 - 100 range at any one time even then.
But I was able to monitor the activity: the great majority are recognisable as search engines,
and most of the others probably relatively innocent,
though it's well to be aware that (not just here but anywhere on the internet) it's going on all the time,
we're being watched, monitored, spied on.
And some of the bots are looking for 'weaknesses' that could enable baddies to access our private activities -
e.g. if we're stupid enough to use the same password for the Forums as we use for our bank account.
If I've noticed anything unusual lately, it has been occasional drops in robot activity,
I've no idea why those happen.

A (probably) separate but related point: some members have recently reported being denied access
to CF - they've been able to get in after waiting a little while, but if it happens to anyone who reads this,
please let us staff know, so we can get to the bottom of the problem.

Thank You very much for the info Eul .... Every time I had taken note of robot activity it was always in low single digits so your explanations are reassuring.

Back
Top Bottom