When The Flash-based Upoloader... Without Flash ? (with Html5)

• Thread starter Deleted member 16647
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
D

Deleted member 16647

Hello
I make it short and everything is in the title
When an "advanced" uploader without Flash Player, with HTML5 ?
It's certainely not very long to develop it (there are many topics on this theme in the web) and it would be very nice.
The current solution works with less and less browsers and is entirely obsolete
It depends on a plugin everybody tries to get rid of
Thanks in advance !

Agreed 100%. flash is an old, outdated, vulnerable technology that needs to disappear immediately in order to close a number of serious security holes that can never be effectively patched until Flash is gone.

Not only that but, as Pierre771 points out, most platforms no longer support it (especially mobile) anymore, so in the case of websites like this, uploading content is becoming more and more of a niche ability that fewer and fewer people will be able to do until the flash uploader gets replaced with something a bit more up to date and relevant.

Agreed 100%. flash is an old, outdated, vulnerable technology that needs to disappear immediately in order to close a number of serious security holes that can never be effectively patched until Flash is gone.

Not only that but, as Pierre771 points out, most platforms no longer support it (especially mobile) anymore, so in the case of websites like this, uploading content is becoming more and more of a niche ability that fewer and fewer people will be able to do until the flash uploader gets replaced with something a bit more up to date and relevant.
I think they are talking about me but I don't understand a word said... Help!!!!!

I think they are talking about me but I don't understand a word said... Help!!!!!

Multiple upload : it's mentioned in the options (Cf. screenshot below)
Try to unselect "use the flash-base uploader to upload attachments" (and save changes) then try to upload several pictures in a post (attachments) : you will understand why this uploader is necessary
I suggest the modernization of this upload : no longer using Flash Player for it, it's an obsolete technique and it no longer works in some cases (more details if you are interested by a little technical subjects)

Capito ?

Upload Flash.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom