When to strip??

Go to CruxDreams.com

PhilX

Governor
Just a quick reflection that isnÂ’t particularly interesting, but one that I reckon adds some spice to the crucifixion scenario.
As I read most of your comments you all seem to agree on the following; the victim, male or female, is first stripped completely and scourged, then they carry the cross or platibulum naked through the crowded streets to their execution. This is most likely what the procedure was in roman times.
However in my own mind, after the scourging - which can be done to the victim naked, they are then dressed in something, either a ridiculous item of clothing to encourage ribald mockery from the crowd, or flimsy rags; a loin cloth and/ or something thrown over their shoulders to scantily cover them on their way through the crowds.
Only when they arrive at the place of crucifixion are these bits of clothing savagely torn off.
This to me adds to the build-up of tension. The crowd can view the victim for a longish while and speculate amongst themselves as to how they would look naked, enjoying the prospect. The victim, though enduring and struggling against enormous pain and exhaustion, is still anticipating the shame of being stripped naked in front of this baying mass of people.
The moment of arrival at the execution place should be climactic. The eventual and much awaited stripping, the nailing and finally the raising of the cross. Only when itÂ’s up can all those present gloat on the victimÂ’s nakedness.
If they are naked right from the start this tension is missed.
Am I the only one to imagine the scene this way??

I prefer a more or less straight crucifixion. This means no games, no sexual abuse or whatever. The condemned has to be wipped, goes to the place where he or she will be lifted and then the crucifixion takes place.

Of course the condemned should be naked for the whipping, but he better gets his clothes or something else back until he will be stripped again before the cross.

The ideal is for a series of scenes. I would favour:

1)Arrest - by soldiers preferably, in some sort of historical setting, Roman is best. This would involve the woman being siezed and dragged away to an interrogation centre, dungeon or prison of some sort.She would be flung, fully clothed, into a cell. This would be very basic - bare stone,no amenities. She would not be told the reason and not given any sustainance. Possibly she could be manacled, but not stripped...yet.

2)Rape - she hears soldiers approaching and the cell door is flung open. they enter and command her to strip. They have whips but slap her when she refuses and tries to insisit on her rights.She then submits, terrified, and removes her clothes. She is then raped by the soldiers. Before they leave the cell, they pinion her arms behind her back and stroke her breasts with a whip, describing her ordeal to come. As they leave the cell, they throw her clothes at her and order her to dress.

3)Interrogation - she is left for a further long period in the cell until soldiers come again and drag her, clothed again, into a chamber or auditorium. She is manacled hand and foot as she is questioned. The charges are spurious but eventually one of the interrogators announces the verdict: crucifixion, preceded by mandatory scourging. Events speed up at this point and she is hustled away. At this point I have a dilemma: flogging by soldiers in the dungeon, or in public. Whatever, the flogging should be prior to the walk to the crucifixion spot.

4)Scourging - she is stripped naked by the guards (public or in closed session - you advise me!). The flogging frame is two high vertical posts. She is chained,naked as high as possible so the body is stretched. Her feet should be brushing the ground only. The whip is a single thong (ie not a cat or flagellum - ie a departure from Roman style). Ther are two scourgers (male), one left handed,one right. They work first the rear of the body to create a criss-cross pattern of strkes. The back, buttocks and rear thighs are struck, say ten strokes each man. She is revived with a bucket of cold water if necessary. They than move to the front and administer 20 more strokes to chest, breasts, stomach and front thighs. Each lash should draw blood. The woman is left to hang for a few moments at the end whilst the cross or patibulum is readied. She is then cut down and a ragged loin cloth and shift is thrown over her. The timber is placed on her shoulders and she is made to walk to the execution place, about 1 km.

4)Crucifixion - At the place, she collapses, exhausted , on the ground. She is, however, immediately made to stand and the shift torn roughly from her body. This is intended to reopen the wounds of the scourging, cause further agony and draw more blood. She is then thrown roughly to the ground, and her hands nailed to the wood. Her feet are nailed in such a way as to expose her sex ie sideways on the wood or in a diamond shape through the sides of her feet. The cross is raised and the dance may then begin.

Please feel free to differ from my narrative; I would love to hear your variations.

Nails through the wrists, Rondetto.

People who think far more about these matters than is necessary or wise debate whether the nails went through the palms of the hands or the wrists. I vote for wrists; even the weight of Kate Moss's body would tear the nails right out of her hands, but the wrists would hold secure.

The rest of the scenario is your call. Sounds good. I doubt there was a protocol for when the condemned were to be stripped, and if there was it probably changed over time, and from place to place.

Loin cloth??

Interesting topic! Have enjoyed reading yours and I agree with many of the different scenarios, especially the roman theme. Although in my version they would be stripped naked and whipped in private. The whipping would mostly be on the back, sides and back of legs...mostly whip marks and no gushing blood but just enough to weaken the victims to the point of discouraging resistance. (Of course the women happened to be young-twenty something, attractive, petite and slender). The procession would include a few other females victims who would also be weakened after the torturing and scourging process. They all would be clothed in white robes to be easily seen and mocked- perhaps like sheep being led to slaughter?? They would be all united on a common rope during the procession which would be fastened to their ankles. (Haven't decided about the patibulums??) Along the way they all would be constantly man-handled in intimidating fashion by the foot soldiers who were physically large brutes. These were soldiers who had just finished coming back from bloody and hard fought battles most of whom were well seasoned and hardened veterans and were now assigned various duties including crucifiers!! The noise level of the procession would be quite loud and the crowds would be mixed, some lamenting and some taunting. (The women here to be crucified are 1AD abetting christians) The sentenced females would be begging and pleading mercy from the soldiers, but of course the soldiers would be quickly trying to get them to the place of crucifixion to crucify them. Finally as they get to the stipes, they are savagely stripped to the loin cloth then quickly and easily forced onto their patibulums. The women's bodies were in plain sight for the publics amusement. As they lie on their crosses some of the women are shaking quite noticeably and their nakedness now being exposed in an intimidating and helpless fashion. Now the romans crucified people with coordination, efficiency and swiftness. Some of the soldiers carried hard wooden sticks and were prepared to administer harsh blows to the victims in case of any resistance and thought of escape. There were about four or five soldiers for each woman crucified, each with different duties. Some to hold and fasten the body on the cross and one to hammer the nails. One soldier just holding the victims head forcefully and firmly against the patibulum. The women are first tied at the wrists on the patibulum and then quickly nailed through the hands. The feet are then nailed with one nail for both feet, thus one foot over the other. After the nailing and the excruciating screaming from the crucifees, the crosses would be raised and the loin cloth would then be stripped by the soldiers who seemed to enjoy doing this and would keep it as a souvenir. Some of victims were not denied their loin cloth depending on the soldiers. Each victim is given a "seditio" sign overhead as to her crime and each one wearing a braided head band (possibly to keep the hair out of her face and in plain veiw?). The soldiers at this point are now watching the women suffer slowly but they must also must protect the scene from potential unruly crowd members. Most of the soldiers seem to enjoy and ridicule the crucifees while other soldiers are thinking about the women being crucified as a waste. The crowd...

Sorry I got carried away! Not new or original and but a potential for Poser??

As soon as the death sentence is pronounced the victim should be stripped. This should be done in full view of all present at the trail. The victim should be forced to remove his own clothes. This is done to humiliate him and to dehumanise him. Once the sentence is pronounced the victim looses all property and all rights. His fate is inevitable, crucifixion. He will die upon the cross. There can be no hope for him. By forcing him to strip publicaly he is beginning the journey to the cross and everything he will have to endure. This brings him face to face with the horror of his situation.

The ideal is for a series of scenes. I would favour:

1)Arrest - by soldiers preferably, in some sort of historical setting, Roman is best. This would involve the woman being siezed and dragged away to an interrogation centre, dungeon or prison of some sort.She would be flung, fully clothed, into a cell. This would be very basic - bare stone,no amenities. She would not be told the reason and not given any sustainance. Possibly she could be manacled, but not stripped...yet.

2)Rape - she hears soldiers approaching and the cell door is flung open. they enter and command her to strip. They have whips but slap her when she refuses and tries to insisit on her rights.She then submits, terrified, and removes her clothes. She is then raped by the soldiers. Before they leave the cell, they pinion her arms behind her back and stroke her breasts with a whip, describing her ordeal to come. As they leave the cell, they throw her clothes at her and order her to dress.

3)Interrogation - she is left for a further long period in the cell until soldiers come again and drag her, clothed again, into a chamber or auditorium. She is manacled hand and foot as she is questioned. The charges are spurious but eventually one of the interrogators announces the verdict: crucifixion, preceded by mandatory scourging. Events speed up at this point and she is hustled away. At this point I have a dilemma: flogging by soldiers in the dungeon, or in public. Whatever, the flogging should be prior to the walk to the crucifixion spot.

4)Scourging - she is stripped naked by the guards (public or in closed session - you advise me!). The flogging frame is two high vertical posts. She is chained,naked as high as possible so the body is stretched. Her feet should be brushing the ground only. The whip is a single thong (ie not a cat or flagellum - ie a departure from Roman style). Ther are two scourgers (male), one left handed,one right. They work first the rear of the body to create a criss-cross pattern of strkes. The back, buttocks and rear thighs are struck, say ten strokes each man. She is revived with a bucket of cold water if necessary. They than move to the front and administer 20 more strokes to chest, breasts, stomach and front thighs. Each lash should draw blood. The woman is left to hang for a few moments at the end whilst the cross or patibulum is readied. She is then cut down and a ragged loin cloth and shift is thrown over her. The timber is placed on her shoulders and she is made to walk to the execution place, about 1 km.

4)Crucifixion - At the place, she collapses, exhausted , on the ground. She is, however, immediately made to stand and the shift torn roughly from her body. This is intended to reopen the wounds of the scourging, cause further agony and draw more blood. She is then thrown roughly to the ground, and her hands nailed to the wood. Her feet are nailed in such a way as to expose her sex ie sideways on the wood or in a diamond shape through the sides of her feet. The cross is raised and the dance may then begin.

Please feel free to differ from my narrative; I would love to hear your variations.

I'm still turning up interesting old threads on CF. This is from a very long way back, the names on it are all unfamiliar, but still it's nice to read their thoughts.

One comment on Rondetto's scenario: if the victim is a slave (as I am, and if I wasn't I'd be stripped of my citizenship and reduced to slave-status anyway) she has to be tortured - a slave's testimony was only accepted if it had been extracted under Torture. So there'd need to be a phase of 'Interrogation under Torture' soon after Arrest, before Rape (which would happen when I've broken under Torture and confessed to whatever they want to charge me with - again, I have to be raped, to make sure they don't commit the offence of executing a virgin!).

The Romans' favourite method of Torture was on the eculeus 'little horse', a kind of Rack where I'd be jerked up and stretched sharply, then dropped (probably on to sharp stones or even hot coals). This is repeated several times, then heated iron hooks are used to tear my strained arms, flanks and thighs, as well as my breasts. Accounts of the martyrdoms of Christian women routinely refer to their breasts being torn, and often to their ribs being laid bare by the Hooks.

Obviously to be tortured in this way I'd have to be stripped naked. After I've been raped, I'd be dressed again for my Trial, then things would follow as Rondetto described.

Eulalia, as an author and distributor of such impure thoughts you would be subject to the IMF's "Rules and guidelines for crucifying female victims". You'll find out more soon....

but be careful with my personal minstrel because I'll dismissed otherwise You and your IMF :cool:

your Higness
Admihoek

I was not whipped but my slave cloths were held together with velcro so it was easy for me to be stripped when the time came.

1) It 'important that the victim is dressed in the cell but BAREFOOT.
Then in cell 2 is raped by soldiers and forced to kiss another woman also tortured. Then, forced to drink the saliva of one another, and then I also enjoy each other.

2) The questioning should be with the victim Vestima, barefoot and with their hands tied stretticcime to cause severe pain so as to bring the victim to "confusion" for the pain.

3) The lashing should be like this:
A) the victim is stripped and tied to the pole of the scourging.
B) is done here is related the closest to wait an hour or more, in the middle of a courtyard where only money can get.
C) the beginning of the flogging should be very
D) must be the scourging front and back and then the victim must be turned.
E) Roman whip with a single strip
F) 2 smiters a right-handed and one left-handed
G) the torturers would stop every 20 lashes for the victim and spit addpsso

4) the path to Golgotha ​​with the victim should take place around the streets barefoot, skirt reaching to the feet, bare-chested.

5) the place of death the victim will have to pray out loud to herself and ask forgiveness of others.

6) paying citizens can attend closely all'inchiodatura (less than a meter away)

7) who pays the most (then makes a further offer) will decide how to nail your feet (if one side or the other)

Novità! Fai clic sulle parole riportate sopra per visualizzare le traduzioni alternative. Elimina

Google Traduttore per miei elementi quali:RicercheVideoEmailTelefonoChat
Attività:Translator ToolkitStrumento a supporto dell'exportWebsite Translator
Informazioni su Google TraduttoreDisattiva traduzione istantaneaPrivacyGuida

Interesting claims, but a bit hard to follow or discuss without an explanation "why" it is important that she is barefoot, why the skirt should be reaching to the feet etc. or what the source is?

No so: the linen underwear but should not be simply a rag - DIRT - VERY SMALL - LEAVING ON SHOW FOR HALF 'the naked'. This must be why a garment that makes fun of the condemned.
And 'right of soldiers, then use that cloth, for example to clean the mouth or hands, blowing your nose, spitting on it to clear his throat ...

It is also right that the "cloth of the condemned" to be tied at the waist with a rope tight.
This would be the right process to follow to the sentenced DRESSING:
1) is ordered to pay to throw out the air and pull in your stomach
2) 2 soldiers, taking the 2 ends of the rope, pull the rope up to the impossible and then the same tie to life.
3) the dirty rag, then, real set just below the rope to keep from falling and will cover, in part, the pubic

But I would say my idea on:
1) the AID of the soldiers for the journey to Golgotha
2) the prayers before the crucifixion

If I can express my idea I would be happy to discuss it with you

PS: The feet should be bare, because, being the rugged terrain, the condemned will have to "FEEL" all the way

Back
Top Bottom