Whipping - Help Needed!

Go to CruxDreams.com

Travis II

Assistant executioner
I'm in need of some assistance, as its my intention to feature whipping in a story some time soon; but I want to get it right if I can...

Can anyone tell me what the main sensations of a whiplash actually are? Is it like a hard strike, with a broad spread of pain, or does it sting as the whip slices into the top layers of skin? Is the maximum pain instant, or does it grow rapidly as the the whip falls away? Does the pain from the crack of whip radiate from the stripe across the skin, or is there a shock of pain through the body like from the back to the chest? Of course it may be a combination of all of these, but I'm interested in which are the strongest sensations and the detail.

The assumption here should be that the whip concerned is a long one, with serious punishment rather than bdsm play being the objective as this will be a historical story.

All help greatly appreciated!

Different instruments create different sensations as does strength and duration. But afraid mine is second hand information. Finding the reactions to a whip highly erotic, I would delight in a thread of first hand accounts describing different experiences in detail. Especially accounts including the emotional/psychological reactions and transcendental/euphoric states, as well as the physical sensations. Might be a help to other authors as well. And be a very hot read for some of us! :very_hot::bdsm-heart::very_hot:

If it was my flogging I would be stripped naked then tied to a large column then the guards get to work on me 39 lashes then im untied and laid on a salt covered bench and flogged again then left to suffer the agony my body covered In sweat and I was whipped with a rope and marked heavily then whipped on my front by the finish i was sweating heavily hope this helps

I have been whipped on my bare buttocks with a folded belt. The first few strokes were not painful but then it started to hurt. It was more of an impact type pain than a sting. The whipping stopped after a couple dozen but I could feel the pain for a several minutes after.

...The first few strokes were not painful but then it started to hurt. It was more of an impact type pain than a sting. The whipping stopped after a couple dozen but I could feel the pain for a several minutes after.
Thanks, that's the sort of specific information I'm looking to gather. Descriptive prose requires detail!

Does anyone else have any extra experience or pointers that might help myself and other writers describe the physical experience accurately?

Well I can confirm what Jim says -
strokes on the soft muscles of my buttocks become more painful as my skin and flesh are 'tenderised',
strokes on the bony back and ribs hurt a lot from the start!
It's a reason why a skillful whipper will allow time between lashes -
both for the physical effect, as the blood rushes to the site of the trauma,
and the psychological tension, anticipating, not knowing when or where the next one will strike.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom