Whipping Sunday

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
One can only hope you find more of these historical pictures...

Tree

Oh how the mighty has fallen...

When we were an empire, we had an empress (Queen Victoria)

Then we were just a kingdom, and we had a king

Now we're just a country and we have david cameron :(

yep another real Briton:D Welsh.......but British

Definitely not English!

Welsh people (and Scottish people for that matter) don't like being called English - it's a bit like calling an American a Mexican (only not as much fun) :)

The Welsh kick ass a lot better than the English :)

Definitely not English!

Welsh people (and Scottish people for that matter) don't like being called English - it's a bit like calling an American a Mexican (only not as much fun) :)

The Welsh kick ass a lot better than the English :)

I loved Torchwood the first series!

Yeah the first series was undoubtedly the best one, with some great stories. second series was pretty good too but the third and fourth not so great when they changed from an episodic show to a serialised drama.

Over here, there was much disquiet when they moved the setting to America. We understand why they did it - to secure funding to continue the show, but it didn't go down well here. Not because there is any anti-American sentiment here, but simply because Torchwood was a local show, set in Cardiff, just twelve miles from here. It was our show. It was different because it was Welsh - there are a million American shows on TV as it is, so it's lost its unique selling point - local interest.

Trouble is that once you take Torchwood to America, it becomes The X-Files (albeit with gay characters)

Very well, Mr Tree...

Now I have to find somebody to whip on Sunday.

CYNTHIA!!!!!! I have a fun weekend in mind....smiley-evil.png

(Seriously, this site REALLY needs an evil smiley)

I will get back on topic Mr Tree, but first I would be extremely negligent if I didn't just add these two links :)

If it was a nice day then plenty of wine and roast ox would follow.

I was going to try and argue that wine was too fancy for my ancestors (direct male line of descent) then I remembered back then they were millers in Lincolnshire near Boston a major import centre...so yeah they probably did snaffle wine, the tarts :p

Talking of historical tarts on my mother's Irish side a female ancestor went with her father to Germany where he was employed as master of the stud by one of their innumerable princes. She came home pregnant...so I suspect that she got especial attention come Whipping Sunday :D

:D:rolleyes: just what I would attain, but a pity Melissa didn't react

Back
Top Bottom