Windows 7

Go to CruxDreams.com

messaline

Crucified Amazon
Is somebody had a problem with the opening of windows 7 ?
I know that soon they'll let it but, this morning, I couldn't open it ; I was obliged to make a retrieval of data to do it starting ... and it's long !
Do you think that it's wanted to oblige people to get windows 10 ?

Last edited:
I can only say windows 10 is crap cuz u dont even have on it moviemaker, must download old version or other program also many many games especialy old but not that old too dont working on it or u must very very, change the options even if u open it with mode older windows versions they will be not working or crash many Times I regret I update one of mine computers to 10.

Yes, it's the problem : never I had a good opinion of windows 10 !

If u have problem the registery key maybe try to call win centre in ur country when Informatic registry 7 in mine computer ane he took computer to repair and his childrens eat half of the sticker with the code windows suport help him. Also u can put ss or photos of screen here maybe I or some one will help.

I did change to W10 a few months ago, Messa, but it was because my old laptop really wasn't coping with the amount of data required for a manip. I needed an upgrade, considered Apple, but I'm used to Word and Excel, so stuck with what I knew. Apples aren't cheap, either.

The biggest pain in W7 are these interminable updates: 35% complete, do not turn off your computer. :doh:

So far I haven't had any major problems with W10.

I know that soon they'll let it but, this morning, I couldn't open it ; I was obliged to make a retrieval of data to do it starting ... and it's long !
If you are using Win.7 then the chances are your hard drive is just as old and wearing out. Win.7 is brilliant so make sure you still have your original set up disk. Now, to check your hard drive (Probably Local Disk C) do the following.

Goto Start at bottom left of screen.
Click on Computer from the list.
Right click on your hard drive (Local Disk C)
Right click on Properties then on Tools from the options shown.
Then click on "Check Now"

If the disk is corrupted then Win.7 will try to repair. It sounds like the part of the hard drive holding the operating system may be corrupted. Replacing a hard drive is cheap and easy. All you need are screw drivers but if you are not confident enough then seek out a local comp. repair shop and have a new drive fitted. You'll need to take along your original installation disk.
In future make sure that only the operating system and essential progs are stored on your hard drive and everything else is on attached flash drives.

Merci melissa ! I'll see that ...
Windows 7 was installed when I bought my computer , so, around 10years ago ... But I never store many things on it : all my documents are generally stored on USB keys ...
Concerning the installation of winwows10, I think that I could do it myself ... It's not complicated , like you said ...

Windows 7, which I liked very much, should be supported until January 2020 https://www.theinquirer.net/inquire...n-six-months-and-were-not-even-close-to-ready After that it should still work, but no more updates, so gradually it will die:(. Like all of us:(

Yes, 7 was nice especialy for games, like xp home edition or xp proffesional eariel. But I think u change faster to win 10, You'll get used to it faster and also faster have fun with it.

I had the same problem last week. I was reluctant to leave windows 7, because it is my favorite. But there came a time when the system recovery accumulated too many errors, and the Windows 7 restore it was going to imply that I was going to lose all my accumulated data for years.

Microsoft will soon stop offering support for Windows 7, and this leads to a vulnerability to the system that involves that you must to do recovering to the initial factory system every time Windows 7 stops working, with the consequent loss of all your personal data, etc.

I do not think it is the intention to force change to Windows 10, but technological advances require to be up to date in an increasingly complicated world that continually demands the development of new security measures and better benefits. I have already resigned myself to accept Windows 10 and I hope that it lasts at least 10 years like the Windows 7 has lasted. Although I think that very soon there will be a new Microsoft operating system that suits the new 9th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors with 16 cores.

I do not think it is the intention to force change to Windows 10, but technological advances require to be up to date in an increasingly complicated world that continually demands the development of new security measures and better benefits.
Yes, it's understandable ...

The point I was making was that if there is a fault on your ten year old hard drive then it doesn't matter what system you put on. If you need a new drive then you have no option but to get a new drive installed or buy a new computer. The first thing you should do is to check the health of your hard drive.

The point I was making was that if there is a fault on your ten year old hard drive then it doesn't matter what system you put on. If you need a new drive then you have no option but to get a new drive installed or buy a new computer. The first thing you should do is to check the health of your hard drive.

A hard drive that is 10 years old does not have much life left anyway. It is better to buy a new one with all the advantages that this implies.

I can only confirm this I have 2 disks they have about 10 and 7 or more years. Computers with them working teribbly on any win xp 7 and 10 I think they are little broken also in one its problem with process called surrogate.exe he eat all disk and memory space cuz of disk broken I think. But uff I have also new pc.

I agree with Melissa Messaline: your 10 year old hard drive is about to fail :-(
Upgrading to Windows 10 will not fix it sadly.

The better way to save your data is:
remove from your PC the old HD and put it in an external disk enclosure that can be connected with a USB cable.
Put a new HD in your PC with the operating system you prefer.
Copy the files you need from the old HD to the new HD. The old files remain on the external HD.

Back
Top Bottom