Wip - Women In Peril

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dragon peril
g3f_lorellin50nefsapphire_4_14_16_02c_fhd_by_winterwolf797-d9z0rk8.jpg

It's never good to be captured by your enemies
tumblr_ozmfrmgia21w0pxeao1_1280.jpgtortumblr_n8cjay2yMD1tcovtxo1_1280.jpg

Good to see that wonderful cover enlarged - but worth seeing the whole picture, double spread, too:

08 Those About to Die 1958.jpg

The artist. Fortunino Matania, was an interesting figure in mid-20th century Italian art -
his illustrations and covers for books and magazines, posters etc. fetch good prices -
apart from this sensational cover, which the Wiki article discreetly overlooks
he seems best-known for his dramatic portrayals of incidents in the two World Wars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortunino_Matania

This classic book about the Roman arena was the inspiration for the film "Gladiator". Others by the same author include " A History of Torture", "The Hellfire Club" and "The Fox and the Hound". Guess which was made into a film by Disney?
I read that book in my younger days. I think it was a library copy or it's in one of the boxes I have in storage (I really need to go through those). I do remember it being a very good read and it fired my youthful imagination with impure thoughts.

It's available on Amazon and Google Books. It was reprinted in 2001 as "The Way of the Gladiator".

I read that book in my younger days. I think it was a library copy or it's in one of the boxes I have in storage (I really need to go through those). I do remember it being a very good read and it fired my youthful imagination with impure thoughts.

It's available on Amazon and Google Books. It was reprinted in 2001 as "The Way of the Gladiator".

I decided to read it. :p

Let you know what I think when I've finished with it.

Back
Top Bottom