Wraggles To The Rescue!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Well, I feel insulted, sir, and demand satisfaction. We shall meet on the cliffs of Weehawken, New Jersey (between the McDonalds and the Mobil gas station). And I want a piece of the smash Broadway musical they make about this duel, you hear that Lin-Manuel Miranda?
Is that anywhere near the location of our last visit to New Jersey?
Asbury Park NJ Morro Castle.jpg

There was of course the grim reality of strafing missions.
This stèle in the Belgian Ardennes, near the village of Wéris remembers four local civilians, killed by an Allied pilot who mistook their farmer's wagon for a German transport (1st of september 1944). The victims were 88, 54, 18 and 5 years old.

Attachments

• weris.jpg
    weris.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 17
There was of course the grim reality of strafing missions.
This stèle in the Belgian Ardennes, near the village of Wéris remembers four local civilians, killed by an Allied pilot who mistook their farmer's wagon for a German transport (1st of september 1944). The victims were 88, 54, 18 and 5 years old.
Even the red crosses on an ambulance train can be missed in the heat of combat.:(

War is never clean, or clinical. The innocent suffer, as they suffer at this very moment in Aleppo, although some suggest that hospitals are targeted deliberately there.

One wonders if one should write humorous stories about war, I guess it's a case of laugh or cry.

Even the red crosses on an ambulance train can be missed in the heat of combat.:(

War is never clean, or clinical. The innocent suffer, as they suffer at this very moment in Aleppo, although some suggest that hospitals are targeted deliberately there.

One wonders if one should write humorous stories about war, I guess it's a case of laugh or cry.
Oh I think literary satire is a healthy thing. Don't beat yourself up! (not literally, anyway!)

I do not see a problem. When I remember the stories from my grand parents and parents and other relatives about daily life during the war, it sometimes occurs to me that the series 'Allo! Allo!' comes the closest to accuracy. But with a dark fringe of reality, of course.
And the question also applies to writing about clean, heroic war, reducing war to a sort of boy scout adventure?...We could throw away 95% of all war movies then.

I do not see a problem. When I remember the stories from my grand parents and parents and other relatives about daily life during the war, it sometimes occurs to me that the series 'Allo! Allo!' comes the closest to accuracy. But with a dark fringe of reality, of course.
And the question also applies to writing about clean, heroic war, reducing war to a sort of boy scout adventure?...We could throw away 95% of all war movies then.
"Allo Allo" was fun. It was a reasonably good parody of the BBC's "Secret Army" which was splendid. It very nicely captured the deceptive and dangerous atmosphere of life in a Nazi-occupied country.

"Allo Allo" was fun. It was a reasonably good parody of the BBC's "Secret Army" which was splendid. It very nicely captured the deceptive and dangerous atmosphere of life in a Nazi-occupied country.
I did at least manage to get in a couple of "Listen very carefully. I shall say this only only once." in. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom