Your Favorite Artwork

Go to CruxDreams.com
Personally I've found that it's often drawings that connect to my imagination the most. Perhaps because they leave more room for my mind to make them my own.

Some that perhaps haven't been posted, hopefully,

a few lines can create a world... (Wandermaske)

scenes of just before the nailing (Mailnan)

A heavy whipping, and anticipation (Zerosen)

Markus, showing self-control ;)

disgrace...

sometimes they are guilty...

sometimes not... (Dashinvaine)

...the day's work is done on the Hill of the Last Sigh...

Lovely choices, Malins.
The two nailing pics are heavy with anticipation, and with technique, how would you carry our such a thing?
The Markus is remarkably restrained, and is a nice tribute to Le Chat.
lccamille.gif lccruc50a.gif

And this one is quite special, the moment of revelation, the cross slides home, the last vestige of dignity is removed, gleefully.

Personally I've found that it's often drawings that connect to my imagination the most. Perhaps because they leave more room for my mind to make them my own.

Good choice, Malins.
I have the same feeling about such drawings.

Lovely choices, Malins.
The two nailing pics are heavy with anticipation, and with technique, how would you carry our such a thing?
The Markus is remarkably restrained, and is a nice tribute to Le Chat.

Particularly good, the contrast of crucifixion and the quite of the cat.

View attachment 489060

scenes of just before the nailing (Mailnan)
View attachment 489055 View attachment 489056

A heavy whipping, and anticipation (Zerosen)
View attachment 489059

Markus, showing self-control ;)
View attachment 489062

disgrace...
View attachment 489061

sometimes they are guilty...
View attachment 489063

sometimes not... (Dashinvaine)
View attachment 489064

...the day's work is done on the Hill of the Last Sigh...
View attachment 489065

The last one is impressing....

One of Welsh Webb's works. Here you go:

487949-8b55b5db33e06460a9f9e469c7f1166f.jpg

One of the strength of Welsh Webb's drawing is the 'dynamics' of a group execution.

The content of such group execution pictures insitigates to imagine a story behind it (half of the strength of Welsh Webb's picture is created by the titulus above each condemned). A few more examples :
fp1.jpg fp2.jpg fp3.jpg fp4.jpg fp5.jpg

And like in #4, to imagine how it went like during the execution.

I love the cross carrying pictures! :)

Some older ones first, one of Taryn's

04walk.jpg

An early Jedakk, called 'Briga'

01_way_to_cross_12.jpg

And one of Steve Cordero's Petra series:

Golgatha1.jpg

What I love about this manip from Crucificateur was the lonely, nude girl with her cross amongst the mob:
verse 3.jpg

The moment of arrival at the crucifixion scene, some victims already crucified, your own fate all too clear, the executioners already beginning their preparations. Soon you will be naked and suffering like the others. Repertor captured it beautifully for my story 'Jasmine':

Jasmine arrives.jpg

Group J close up.jpg

'The Walk', or the theme of carrying the cross, is almost a unique execution ritual. Rarely are the condemned required to carry a noose to the gallows, an axe to the block or bullets to a firing range. But in crucifixion, the condemned are expected to carry the dead weight of the instrument which will eventually cause their demise. Adding insult to injury, the very idea is loaded with humiliation, and has great appeal for artists depicting variations on the Via Dolorosa. Tokatun and Skating Jesus come to mind as authentic exponents of the theme, whereas Orchid and Insex models are generally depicted dragging a complete cross to the execution site. However traditional that may be, it lacks credibility in my opinion.

Makar was interested in exploring the reality of crucifixion (in non-lethal terms) and carrying the patibulum was frequently the prelude to a Cruxdreams main event. In an early picture, Masha struggles on her knees whilst lashed to a plank in Makar's improvised studio in his Moscow flat (#1.)

1 4aa7b16d.jpg

Makar's quest for realism led to outdoor shoots, during which his models were required to carry patibulum logs of a length at least equivalent to their own height. Working with models in pairs meant that one could rest whilst the other was crucified, but sometimes they carried their patibula together. Tessa and Mirena commence their walk, lashed to their logs (#2.) Likewise, Alice and Koshka in a characteristic portrait close-up, entitled, 'The Way' (#3.)

2 49d318d9 200pc.jpg 3 2m5 The_way_by_makar013 (2) 200pc.jpg

Vika (#4) and Jenia (#5, #6) carry their beams compliantly, without bindings. Note the vicious nails sticking out of Jenia's patibulum, behind her head, merely symbolic of their original use in this case. She looks convincingly bowed under the weight.

4 patibulum_by_makar013.jpg 5 in_her_thoughts_by_makar013 200pc.jpg 6 on_the_way_to____by_makar013.jpg

The expression on Galya's face speaks volumes (#7 - this would have made a good close-up) as she labours with a beam at least six feet in length. Meanwhile, Oxana makes light work of her untied patibulum (#8, #9.)

7 the_walk_no_3_by_makar013.jpg 8 patibulum_1_by_makar013-d31xwng.jpg 9 the_walk___2_by_makar013-d3boy1o.jpg

Well posed but something of an exception for Makar, Marina's 2" x 2" timber lacks conviction compared to the preceding pictures (#10.) She is actually resting between crucifixions here, and the rope marks from her last suspension are visible on her shins. She made a lovely crucifix.

10 crucified-deep-in-the-forest.jpg

'The Walk', or the theme of carrying the cross, is almost a unique execution ritual. Rarely are the condemned required to carry a noose to the gallows, an axe to the block or bullets to a firing range. But in crucifixion, the condemned are expected to carry the dead weight of the instrument which will eventually cause their demise. Adding insult to injury, the very idea is loaded with humiliation, and has great appeal for artists depicting variations on the Via Dolorosa. Tokatun and Skating Jesus come to mind as authentic exponents of the theme, whereas Orchid and Insex models are generally depicted dragging a complete cross to the execution site. However traditional that may be, it lacks credibility in my opinion.

Makar was interested in exploring the reality of crucifixion (in non-lethal terms) and carrying the patibulum was frequently the prelude to a Cruxdreams main event. In an early picture, Masha struggles on her knees whilst lashed to a plank in Makar's improvised studio in his Moscow flat (#1.)

View attachment 502195

Makar's quest for realism led to outdoor shoots, during which his models were required to carry patibulum logs of a length at least equivalent to their own height. Working with models in pairs meant that one could rest whilst the other was crucified, but sometimes they carried their patibula together. Tessa and Mirena commence their walk, lashed to their logs (#2.) Likewise, Alice and Koshka in a characteristic portrait close-up, entitled, 'The Way' (#3.)

View attachment 502196 View attachment 502197

Vika (#4) and Jenia (#5, #6) carry their beams compliantly, without bindings. Note the vicious nails sticking out of Jenia's patibulum, behind her head, merely symbolic of their original use in this case. She looks convincingly bowed under the weight.

View attachment 502199 View attachment 502200 View attachment 502201

The expression on Galya's face speaks volumes (#7 - this would have made a good close-up) as she labours with a beam at least six feet in length. Meanwhile, Oxana makes light work of her untied patibulum (#8, #9.)

View attachment 502202 View attachment 502203 View attachment 502204

Well posed but something of an exception for Makar, Marina's 2" x 2" timber lacks conviction compared to the preceding pictures (#10.) She is actually resting between crucifixions here, and the rope marks from her last suspension are visible on her shins. She made a lovely crucifix.

View attachment 502205
I presume you knew them to some degree???

Great idea to reinvigorate the thread with a specific point in the process. Thanks.02 march 05c (4).jpg NVCXP046.JPG Through%20City%20Streets.jpg nc006.jpg Pone crucem.jpg Hammerlock 3_m.jpg

I find images of that procession terrifyingly powerful. It must surely have been the worst walk in the world (and the last, of course).
And the spectators add so much. The gleeful fascination of Jeddak’s onlookers, the savagery of the crowds in NobelVulture’s world. Or the adults pretending not to see while a child bursts into delighted laughter at the sight of an adult bottom openly displayed, since nakedness was deemed shameful in this barbarian community.

Back
Top Bottom