3D Art: by Nyghtfall3D

Go to CruxDreams.com
N

Nyghtfall3D

Last October, I permanently left the 3D art community because I was tired of spending money on content I never used. Last month, I helped answer someone's question on my 3D art board about how to improve their lighting skills. That led to a chain of events that brought me back to the fold. Thankfully, DAZ was kind enough to re-open my account but with a cautionary note that it's a one-time courtesy, so I'm going to keep it open. I also re-opened my Renderosity account.

Someday I'm going to learn how to stop doing things in absolutes. ;P

This was my first render of 2020, created last month. For my return to 3D art, I decided to try my hand at High Key lighting. High Key uses unnaturally bright light to blow out most or all harsh shadows in an image and is commonly used in wedding and fashion photography to create a positive, upbeat mood. Since High Key doesn't add meaning or drama to an image, I compensated by adding a slight depth-of-field to create an engaging viewing experience.

High Key Lust.jpg

I've been focusing on portrait renders since returning to 3D art last month to refresh my knowledge of DS and get some much-needed practice on my technical skills by adapting what I've learned about photography to my artwork. They're also a fun way to build one's portfolio.

This is my attempt at Butterfly lighting. The Key light is placed above and directly centered with the model's face, creating a shadow under the nose that resembles a butterfly. For this piece, that part was easy. The hard part was getting the Back light positioned and lit well enough against the backdrop to create a sphere of light behind her that gradually fades to black as it extends outward.

Evlin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom