“40 Nails”; A Mother and her Daughters Crucified

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, the facial expressions and body posturings are interesting. I think I will self-identify with the one on the far left.
Fair enough. I will self-identify with a passer-by, not in the picture, who is quite fascinated with the proceedings and the story of why 4 lovely (and apparently Christian) girls are crucified on the green. Where is this supposed to be exactly?
I suppose this is what happens to naive missionaries.

Fair enough. I will self-identify with a passer-by, not in the picture, who is quite fascinated with the proceedings and the story of why 4 lovely (and apparently Christian) girls are crucified on the green. Where is this supposed to be exactly?

We were told that as long as we wore our crosses over our chests no harm would come to us. They lied,

A commission between mp5stab aka Hair and Nails
A spectacular contemporary, multi-crux composition! I will have to peruse this for quite a while! Phenomenal work, Em! :D

Well the tituluses (plural?) have what appears to be arabic on them, maybe they were unwelcome missionaries?

Nice pic. Mum looks in good shape with just a little saggy skin under the arms for authenticity, Lillie is sporting a rather fetching cornu, and all are nicely natural down south. I gather "40 nails" is a reference to their hands not their fixings?

Yes this resonates with me. And also with disturbing dreams I had for months after a trip to Turkey one easter a few years ago with my daughters. Where somehow we ended up in a quite remote but large town. Hot, and dusty, and whilst nothing overt the market in the centre of the town did have a quite sinister quality. Populated predominantly by men in loose trousers and tee shirts or traditional robes. And a few women and families there.

I could imagine they might have liked to recreate a traditional Easter scene with a Christian family...

Well done! I like the details, the poses, the facial expressions. All four carrying a small crucifix around their neck. A tiny object for spiritual support or a mark of accusation?
"We allow you a small crucifix around your neck, and those who prefer, can leave their glasses on, so you will not be completely naked!"

Back
Top Bottom