A Capital Punishment Trial in Modern Singapore

Go to CruxDreams.com
  • Singapore, Monday, March 25th 2019, 5:30PM
The ride in the “courtesy” van to Changi Prison was a harrowing experience for Barbara Moore. Shackled hand and foot, leashed and collared, and tightly hooded, she was wedged in between two guards in the back of the van, wearing only a brief prison jumpsuit that bared her slim midriff. Breathing the fetid air inside the damp, moldy hood was like being suffocated. The two guards, who had been leaders of her rape and abuse at the Prison, now taunted her with threats of how much more they would torment her now that she was convicted. They probed, stroked, and molested her body nonstop on the drive...

Barbara struggled to endure these additional humiliations and terrors for the eighteen minutes until the van pulled up at Changi, the place designated for her new punishment and execution. Her mind raced with fears of what new and even more cruel acts might be perpetrated upon her in the weeks before her barbaric execution was scheduled. The guards unrestrained exploring of her vulnerable body was clearly just a foretaste of the horrors to come. Was it any surprise that she sobbed bitterly?

Eighteen minutes of pure hell, let me tell you!

Warning: this must be a terrible mistake:

Author’s final(?) note to Capital Punishment in Modern Singapore (Part II of Barbara Moore’s Singapore Saga)

First, I should note the reason for the error in the title. I started this sequel based on the possible death of Barb’s cellmate at the end of Part I and the possible charging of Barbara with murder. At the time I started posting, I’d only written about four chapters and intended Barb to be hanged in the ending post.

However, the story and the characters quickly got out of hand, and eventually, it became clear that I couldn’t fit in an execution. By then it was too late to change the title. Ideally, it should have been A Capital Punishment Case in Modern Singapore.

The murder cliffhanger at the end of Part I suggested a murder investigation and trial as the theme of Part II. Since, even on her most petulant, over-complaining, and selfish day, Barb would never murder someone, she could be guilty, at the most, of manslaughter. This could have been quickly confirmed by the surveillance cameras. But that was too easy, so I arranged for the tapes to disappear (we still don’t know if by accident or on purpose).

Piggy-backing on the style of Part I, I had Barbara dig herself deeper by lies, prevarications and outright rudeness (both to Koh and again to RBG). Her lack of honesty with her lawyer hamstrung her defense from the beginning. With that, however, I had reached the limit of how far I could have it all be Barb’s fault. Therefore, I faced a choice. Continue mostly fair and professional people in charge and have Barb acquitted or given a non-lethal sentence like another caning, or take a sharp turn to corruption and a vendetta to destroy Miss Moore. Given the title already in place and Barbara’s superb role-playing as the innocent victim, there was, in the end, no choice. A deep-state, high-level conspiracy to railroad her in revenge for her contemptible name-calling of RBG, seemed too delicious not to indulge.

The path was laid for an investigation by Frost being sandbagged while almost all the other Criminal Justice players being out for her conviction. This, however, required a conscious abandonment of the highly professional and fair official behaviors that characterized the first part. I judged this reasonable for the sake of a compelling story.

While the first part had an explicit decision for no sex (just appreciation of naked butt spread wide and writhing in pain – a kind of sex), I did not feel obliged to continue the restriction in Part II. Honestly, I believe that most readers here expect sex in most stories – the more, the better. If you feel differently, let me know.

By abandoning the rule, I could allow Jeffrey, the babe magnet, free rein to sample the multiple, hot women that I had already and planned in the future to introduce. (Hey -its fun describing a hot girl – so sue me!). Throwing in some sex between other characters was therefore allowed. Most importantly, Barb could be sexually abused in jail and prison (something many readers [and I] longed to see. To do so, I introduced the hidden corruption at Changi and some new sadistic (is there any other kind?) correctional officers.

As the investigation and conspiracy against Barb moved to their conclusion, a major trial scene was possible and desirable. My father was a lawyer, and I relish legal issues. This fact just reinforced my previous decision to postpone the execution to a third part. The prep for the trail and the trial drama itself caused me to add two major new characters, Jimmy Rogers and Amanda Jones.

Jimmy was intended as a loathsome character from the beginning. Later, I thought, he might demand a tryst with Josephine as the price for his silence concerning the conspiracy. However, he proved so delightfully hateful and disgusting, that I found another use for him in III.

I introduced Amanda (with big breasts – unapologetically changed to small in III) for one purpose - to spark a cheap, jealous reaction from Barb, including nasty, uncalled for insults. However, the reader reaction was one of instant love and lust for the girl. I charmed even myself with the girl’s innocent manner and bright cheerleader enthusiasm. She provided a nice, sweet, blonde, positive attitude in welcome contrast to Barbara. Therefore, she will figure more prominently (though with a less prominent bust) in III

Naturally, the verdict and sentence required at least another part. Now you know how we got to Part III.

Author’s final(?) note to Capital Punishment in Modern Singapore (Part II of Barbara Moore’s Singapore Saga)

First, I should note the reason for the error in the title. I started this sequel based on the possible death of Barb’s cellmate at the end of Part I and the possible charging of Barbara with murder. At the time I started posting, I’d only written about four chapters and intended Barb to be hanged in the ending post.

However, the story and the characters quickly got out of hand, and eventually, it became clear that I couldn’t fit in an execution. By then it was too late to change the title. Ideally, it should have been A Capital Punishment Case in Modern Singapore.

The murder cliffhanger at the end of Part I suggested a murder investigation and trial as the theme of Part II. Since, even on her most petulant, over-complaining, and selfish day, Barb would never murder someone, she could be guilty, at the most, of manslaughter. This could have been quickly confirmed by the surveillance cameras. But that was too easy, so I arranged for the tapes to disappear (we still don’t know if by accident or on purpose).

Piggy-backing on the style of Part I, I had Barbara dig herself deeper by lies, prevarications and outright rudeness (both to Koh and again to RBG). Her lack of honesty with her lawyer hamstrung her defense from the beginning. With that, however, I had reached the limit of how far I could have it all be Barb’s fault. Therefore, I faced a choice. Continue mostly fair and professional people in charge and have Barb acquitted or given a non-lethal sentence like another caning, or take a sharp turn to corruption and a vendetta to destroy Miss Moore. Given the title already in place and Barbara’s superb role-playing as the innocent victim, there was, in the end, no choice. A deep-state, high-level conspiracy to railroad her in revenge for her contemptible name-calling of RBG, seemed too delicious not to indulge.

The path was laid for an investigation by Frost being sandbagged while almost all the other Criminal Justice players being out for her conviction. This, however, required a conscious abandonment of the highly professional and fair official behaviors that characterized the first part. I judged this reasonable for the sake of a compelling story.

While the first part had an explicit decision for no sex (just appreciation of naked butt spread wide and writhing in pain – a kind of sex), I did not feel obliged to continue the restriction in Part II. Honestly, I believe that most readers here expect sex in most stories – the more, the better. If you feel differently, let me know.

By abandoning the rule, I could allow Jeffrey, the babe magnet, free rein to sample the multiple, hot women that I had already and planned in the future to introduce. (Hey -its fun describing a hot girl – so sue me!). Throwing in some sex between other characters was therefore allowed. Most importantly, Barb could be sexually abused in jail and prison (something many readers [and I] longed to see. To do so, I introduced the hidden corruption at Changi and some new sadistic (is there any other kind?) correctional officers.

As the investigation and conspiracy against Barb moved to their conclusion, a major trial scene was possible and desirable. My father was a lawyer, and I relish legal issues. This fact just reinforced my previous decision to postpone the execution to a third part. The prep for the trail and the trial drama itself caused me to add two major new characters, Jimmy Rogers and Amanda Jones.

Jimmy was intended as a loathsome character from the beginning. Later, I thought, he might demand a tryst with Josephine as the price for his silence concerning the conspiracy. However, he proved so delightfully hateful and disgusting, that I found another use for him in III.

I introduced Amanda (with big breasts – unapologetically changed to small in III) for one purpose - to spark a cheap, jealous reaction from Barb, including nasty, uncalled for insults. However, the reader reaction was one of instant love and lust for the girl. I charmed even myself with the girl’s innocent manner and bright cheerleader enthusiasm. She provided a nice, sweet, blonde, positive attitude in welcome contrast to Barbara. Therefore, she will figure more prominently (though with a less prominent bust) in III

Naturally, the verdict and sentence required at least another part. Now you know how we got to Part III.
We Moderators can renaming the threads. Should we?

Back
Top Bottom