A Master's Diary

Go to CruxDreams.com
A Master’s Diary

A Middle-Aged Man’s Journey to Accept His Peculiar Desires, Take on The Role of a Master, And Find a Second Lovelife

November 3, 2019, Cold and rainy, High of 53°(Fahrenheit, of course. Let’s get a few things straight at the beginning:

First: Celsius is a stupid temperature scale, a pseudo-scientific attempt to metrify temperature. There is nothing “scientific" at setting 100 for boiling water and 0 for freezing. You might as well set boiling ammonium at 500 and freezing methane at -20! The degree sizes on F are much more relatable to human senses. That is why .5 is often reported on Celsius to compensate.
Second, the weather here sucks. I love the people, the villages, the nature, and especially one person. But the weather sucks! Today, high of 53 and low of 41 and rain, constant rain!
OK. I feel better)

Some might believe that a Master never needs to regard the opinions of his Slave. Let me tell you, that’s BUNK! Especially when (as I suspect is often the case) the Master truly loves his Slave.

I have been receiving a number of requests from the Readers of A Slave’s Diary to get Dina to begin posting again. That is something that I don’t want to order Dina to do. I’m sure that, as my slave, she would obey without hesitation. But that is something I would prefer her to decide. And, for the moment, she simply doesn’t want to.

However, this constant discussion has led to her nagging (yes nagging, Dina can be incredibly persistent) me to do the posting as my own Diary.

Against my better judgement, I have given in to her. She, and some other, unnamed, friends have argued that it would be new and interesting to hear from the Master’s point of view. I believe that is will rapidly become unbearably boring for all readers, but I reluctantly bow to the will of the many.

I shall follow Dina’s model of giving a brief review of each day’s highlights. These will be very brief since most are: flew to XXX, met with XXX, reassured him that Brexit isn’t the end of the world, flew to XXX. Then I will fill out by adding some background information on myself and how Dina and I got together as seen from my side.

Prepare to be very bored!

November 4th, 2019 High 51°, Low 46° Rain (See what I mean about the weather!)

Actually, not too boring a day. Flew to Boston to meet with some of my old US clients. It’s nice to not have to talk about Brexit! Instead, comforting those who thought buying a stake in Uber (against my advice) at the IPO was a smart move. I did use Uber to get around Boston, great service and the company subsidizes me 30% via their losses, LOL Of course, I got many kudos from my clients for my previous dismissal of WeWorks as a scam. The brilliant guys at Softbank have sunk $18.5 billion into it. Today its worth somewhere between $5 billion and $0!

A bit of timing to explain. I’ve decided to take up almost as if no time has elapsed since Dina’s last entry from April 11th and the high tea with Harold and Hannah. I’ll fill in about the tea and a few events since, but will not attempt a complete recounting of the last six months.

November 4th, 2019 High 51°, Low 46° Rain (See what I mean about the weather!)

Actually, not too boring a day. Flew to Boston to meet with some of my old US clients. It’s nice to not have to talk about Brexit! Instead, comforting those who thought buying a stake in Uber (against my advice) at the IPO was a smart move. I did use Uber to get around Boston, great service and the company subsidizes me 30% via their losses, LOL Of course, I got many kudos from my clients for my previous dismissal of WeWorks as a scam. The brilliant guys at Softbank have sunk $18.5 billion into it. Today its worth somewhere between $5 billion and $0!

A bit of timing to explain. I’ve decided to take up almost as if no time has elapsed since Dina’s last entry from April 11th and the high tea with Harold and Hannah. I’ll fill in about the tea and a few events since, but will not attempt a complete recounting of the last six months.

Not only does CF discuss Brexit and Trumpton (the Brits will get this) and history and geography and physiology and philosphy, we now get an up to date view of economics and personal finance. OS will just gather together a spare million for when the next winner is pronounced.

November 5th, 2019 High 50, Low 36, mostly cloudy (Note I report the weather from home, no matter where I am traveling)

I woke up this morning in Boston, a great city to visit. With some free time this morning, I took one of the guided walking tours of the historical section (I’ve done this many times, and it never gets boring.) The best guides not only know the history but are acting wannabes who are very funny to listen to. I miss Dina. Later I took a commuter jet to Hartford, Conn.

Today met the few clients I still have here. I’ve tried to hand them off to a local person who is quite good. But some of these have been with me over a decade and refuse to move on even if seeing me infrequently. I can’t knock loyalty. I’ve urged them to move to a state with better taxes and at least one is ready now. Connecticut is imploding financially and the burden on moderately wealthy retirees is getting unbearable. New Hampshire’s not bad if they want to stay in the North, otherwise, I’ve had several clients relocated to the Blue Ridge in Virginia or North Carolina, and even one to Reno, NV, very happily.

To tie into Dina’s conclusion. I had only a passing acquaintance with Harold and Hannah, Englishers who had moved to Scotland to retire. They were pleasant when passing on the road and they kept a magnificent garden, a wonderful hybrid of English and Scottish plants with an emphasis on wildflowers (which both Dina and I love). I knew they had looked out for Dina since she moved there as if she was their own grandchild. Of course, for that alone, I would have walked across burning coals for them.

{Master, that is so sweet!}

[Dina, pray don’t interrupt.]

{Sorry Master]

Enough for today. Tomorrow, I’ll talk about the tea party.

November 6th, 2019 High 44° Low 40° Showers – Oh well.

Today it was NYC, I don’t like it. For a visitor to be half-way comfortable in New York requires obscene expenditure. I can afford it, but it still rubs me the wrong way to have to massively overpay for everything. And it was dirtier than the last time, Sigh! And, on top of everything I don’t like about it, there are wonderful things that I want to show Dina, but she not here!

But I have to keep up contact with some friends here to stay abreast of the information that slips under most advisors’ radar.

Back to High Tea. Dina has told you that I resisted for a long time having any of our relationship public. Part of this was from my upbringing in a “proper” Philadelphia family where PDAs (public displays of affection) were regarded as just a step short of fornicating in the church pew (during service!) But I always knew that it would not be a secret forever.

I want to make very clear that my desire to keep our relationship secret had not the slightest thing to do with being ashamed of Dina being my “inferior.” There is no way I can adequately express the respect I have for my slave and the pride I take in her accepting me as her master. No, the real hesitation was my own feeling of guilt in having a relationship with such a young and pretty girl while I am plain and clearly slipping into my dotage! I am incredibly lucky.

{Oh Master, you are not plain and not slipping! And you make me cry!}

November 7th, 2019 High 47°, Low 37°, rain

Philadelphia to visit my family (or what’s left of them). I shall keep this part private.

When Hannah asked Dina to invite me to the tea, I knew “the jig was up,” and she knew about us. There was no reason to try to pretend we were not, at least, dating. Dina had very much enjoyed the last tea they’d had her to. Therefore, when she asked me, clearly expecting me to say no, I was delighted to say yes. The look of joy on her face at that moment, I will not soon forget. A beautiful spring day, walking hand in hand to their house, it was very nice.

Once we were there, I discovered that they were a quite interesting couple. Hannah, of course is very outgoing and tends to dominate the discussion, which I did not mind as long as I could enjoy her delicious sweet treats and sit close to Dina. The woman’s knowledge of gardens and flowers is vast. She seemed to have memorized all of Mary McMurtrie’s Scottish Wild Flowers.

Harold, when I had a chance to get him alone, proved to be every bit as interesting. He’d had a rather important job in The City with Lloyds Bank. He shepherded the takeover of Halifax Bank of Scotland after its financial distress and oversaw their recovery. The frequent trips to Scotland made him fall in love with the country and led to their retirement there. Childless, they had jumped at the chance to take Dina in. I think Harold has a crush on her. I don’t blame him. Who wouldn’t?

Harold, when I had a chance to get him alone, proved to be every bit as interesting. He’d had a rather important job in The City with Lloyds Bank. He shepherded the takeover of Halifax Bank of Scotland

So I have Harold to thank for the Lloyds shares that came from the takeover? Was he there when they all collapsed and lost most of their value? Typical banker, retiring with his pension while the business crumpled.

I'm going off Master if he hob-nobs with these financial wheeler-dealers. Thank goodness Dina hasn't got a fortune for him to lose.

So I have Harold to thank for the Lloyds shares that came from the takeover? Was he there when they all collapsed and lost most of their value? Typical banker, retiring with his pension while the business crumpled.

I'm going off Master if he hob-nobs with these financial wheeler-dealers. Thank goodness Dina hasn't got a fortune for him to lose.
Actually, I understand Harold sold every one of his Lloyds' share when he retired. Put it all in Gilts.

Last edited:
Well doneView attachment 772919 NB Gilts are the bottom blue-green line.

"Dina, would you like a new financial advisor?"
Master was not involved in that decision. Harold had plenty of funds and just wanted to preserve his capital into retirement. Not a high-return strategy, but a prudent one.

Back
Top Bottom