A Philosophical Thread about Good & Evil - Catastrophes, Coincidences & Theodicy

Go to CruxDreams.com
Mhm, on the one hand, here was an additional posting from me which most probably breached this rule of the community, because the main part was a combination of my thoughts yesterday on the most influential persons in German and Russian politics in recent times and the consequences of their behaviour:

"Discussion of politicians or other well-known people in the context of this site could be perceived as threatening and attract the kind of attention we do not want."

On the other hand, I am sorry for this problem today and in the future and thinking about retreating at least for some time, because I am afraid, especially in these times :facepalm:, I simply cannot live without some things like breathing, eating, drinking, something like sex and - unfortunately - something like politics. And this is my very special problem of an international-politics-addicted maniac.
I will try to return when times are better again.

Sorry, thank you very much for all your comments and your help and possibly good-bye!

;) :(

I just wanted to remove all traces to this forum, when I saw mails which made me think, I might have here at least 3 1/2 fans who might be sad to see me leaving, so I could probably offer a solution for our problem which might double the fun for half the price.

As far as I understood the problem, the kind of attention "we" do not want here, could be attracted by certain names which could be found via the search function here or elsewhere so that someone could offer to this forum a cup of tea, no one really would like to drink. (Example in the following posting to be deleted after watching!)

Because I once was a "professional German student" (we Germans can study soo long that we only can become professors in the end or pensioners) of "almost everything", e.g. visting a basic distance course in encryption for German secret agents, so I could offer to write my political opinions in a rather "funny" (at least for me!) encrypted way, so that no search function would understand or find it at once, for example:

When I would write about the monopolistic dangers of one of the most famous software companies in the world and about his former CEO, I would write the names in the German (etymological) translation, e.g.: The software monopoly of the company "Winzigweich" made Mr. "Wilhelm (Garten-)Tore" really very reach, almost too rich for this planet!"

Should I ever write about the German monopoly of the most famous German ice cream producer "Langnese" (sounds like a German dialect for "long nose"), I would encrypt it into English, so that you could worry about the monopoly of the completely unknown "Short Nose Ice Cream"!

If this could be a solution for my problem here, please send me a short message, because when I would take the restriction here really serious about "restricted discussions of politicians", you would have to delete almost all my satirical pictures of my most loved German Chancellorette ever and this would really be a pity for me:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.11.06_23h00m41s_003_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.10_09h10m36s_004_.jpg

By the way and just for interested readers of all foreign countries: My real e-mail name here is not my real e-mail name and my real birth year here is not my real birth year - really!

Last edited:
When I would write about the monopolistic dangers of one of the most famous software companies in the world and about his former CEO, I would write the names in the German (etymological) translation, e.g.: The software monopoly of the company "Winzigweich" made Mr. "Wilhelm (Garten-)Tore" really very reach, almost too rich for this planet!"
Marc Sugarmountain and Donald Hooter will appreciate it!;)

I just wanted to remove all traces to this forum, when I saw mails which made me think, I might have here at least 3 1/2 fans who might be sad to see me leaving, so I could probably offer a solution for our problem which might double the fun for half the price.

As far as I understood the problem, the kind of attention "we" do not want here, could be attracted by certain names which could be found via the search function here or elsewhere so that someone could offer to this forum a cup of tea, no one really would like to drink. (Example in the following posting to be deleted after watching!)

Because I once was a "professional German student" (we Germans can study soo long that we only can become professors in the end or pensioners) of "almost everything", e.g. visting a basic distance course in encryption for German secret agents, so I could offer to write my political opinions in a rather "funny" (at least for me!) encrypted way, so that no search function would understand or find it at once, for example:

Should I ever write about the German monopoly of the most famous German ice cream producer "Langnese" (sounds like a German dialect for "long nose"), I would encrypt it into English, so that you could worry about the monopoly of the completely unknown "Short Nose Ice Cream"!

If this could be a solution for my problem here, please send me a short message, because when I would take the restriction here really serious about "restricted discussions of politicians", you would have to delete almost all my satirical pictures of my most loved German Chancellorette ever and this would really be a pity for me:

View attachment 956409 View attachment 956410

By the way and just for interested readers of all foreign countries: My real e-mail name here is not my real e-mail name and my real birth year here is not my real birth year - really!
Your idea is great, please do that! And not even our ... Minister Marius Stockelmayer could find that conspicuous.

Marc Sugarmountain and Donald Hooter will appreciate it!;)
Marc Sugarmountain would probably not be so happy about some Germans referrings to his "Fratzenbuch"-community, when users are writing to him in "Denglisch" about being dissatisfied with constant changings in the sorting of news, the "private policy" - regulations or how to find them inside the "Fratzenbuch":

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.15_19h08m27s_001_.jpg

By the way, I am unfortunately working this week-end really more than usually so it is possible that I can start my encryption only on Sunday or even later but thank you very much for your fast answers!

WRONG ! Entropy remains unchanged in adiabtic - also called isentropic - processes.
A reversible process is an equilibrium thermodynamic process that can take place both in the forward and reverse direction, passing through the same intermediate states, and the system returns to its original state without energy consumption,and there are no macroscopic changes in the environment. The quantitative criterion of reversibility / irreversibility of the process is the occurrence of entropy — this value is zero in the absence of irreversible processes in the thermodynamic system and positive in their presence.

Examples of equilibrium processes
Isothermal process in which the temperature of the system does not change (T=const)
Isochoric process that occurs at a constant volume of the system (V=const)
Isobaric process that occurs at constant pressure in the system (P=const)
An adiabatic process that takes place without heat exchange, therefore, with constant entropy in the system (S=const)

Although this discussion has already lost its relevance.

Mhm-hm, I am not sure, but I must admit that I am very surprised about all the different types of unusual or recommended drinks & cocktails of which I have heard in my life.
During the 1980's I have heard of a French drink, the so-called "Mona Lisa" - Cocktail, after which you cannot get rid of this mysterious smile any more:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h24m37s_014_.jpg

But in our more modern times, there were many new "spices" added to different drinks in different countries because of different reasons after some moments of contemplation between very influential persons for testing new effects on their "best friends and followers":

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h00m57s_007_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_17h53m09s_003_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h02m05s_008_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_17h56m30s_005_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_17h53m41s_004_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h12m28s_012_.jpg

Up to now, I would be very careful with all these new "fashion drinks" until the coloring effects are really well tested and confirmed by renowned scientists:

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h02m53s_009_.jpgAshampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_17h50m39s_001_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.17_18h13m17s_013_.jpg !

Certain forms of human "inventions" of government rulings tend to a kind of absurdity like in absurd literature, e.g. by Franz Kafka and in German, some governments are sometimes said to be "kafkaesk".
My parents grew up in Romania, when it was still a communist state which had some special kinds of "kafkaesk" governments, e.g. the government of the communist dictator Ceausescu, who caused a famous letter by the writer Eugene Ionesco / Ionescu, who was born in Romania and to be born there made him such a famous writer of absurd plays for theater later in France:

The famous open letter by Ionesco to Ceausescu was caused by this photo - in 1974, I think:

Ceausescu1.jpg

Ionescu congratulated Ceausescu for his invention of the first "Communist Szepter of the Proletariat" in world history and Ionescu was "looking forward to the Ceausescu coronation" of becoming the first "Communist Emperor" in Europe, but the African "Emperor Bokassa" seemed to have been faster in those times.

In any case, even most of the Romanians found this so "absurd-funny" that no one really knew in the end, if some adulations in Romanian newspapers on this communist "genius" were really meant serious or a kind of Romanian absurd humor. Ceausescu was called there for example "the Rising Sun of the Carpathian Mountains" or the "Greatest Son of Romanian History" etc.
Unfortunately, his nation was not really so happy about him and in the end, a firing squad of his own army extinguished this "Sun of the Carpathians" shortly after Christmas 1989.

In our modern times, I am afraid, there might be a similar development in a country where most of us cannot imagine a similar history, but no one could imagine before in 1985 something like this Romanian history in 1989.

When you insert the English word "few" into the Google translator in order to translate it into Romanian, you might know of whom I am talking now because the scale of absurdity in his country has assumed similar alarming proportions like in Romania:
Yesterday, the last famous drinker of tea varieties which were mentioned above, returned from my home country - where he recovered for six months from the last "tea" - to his own home country and was there immediately arrested and inside a police station sentenced to 30 days in prison by a quick court, because he did not respond to another court while he was in a coma in my country.

This is an interesting idea of justice which could have been used in a theater play by Kafka or by Ionescu, isn't it?

To be in a coma is not a reason for failing to respond to a court and to be no more alive in that country does not mean by far that you are really dead!

So, think about it twice and be careful in which condition of life you are if you plan to visit such a happy country like the one of President "Few"!

Any similarities of my stories here to any person who is dead, undead or alive would certainly be coincidental and not really intended, I think ...

I think both 'Few' and (following the same translation from Romanian) 'Atu' are going to test the limits of what a 'democratically' elected leader can do to ensure their own non-prosecution after leaving office with proactive pardons. Which I think is more Ionescu than Kafka.

This, however, might be Kafkaesque.......

I think both 'Few' and (following the same translation from Romanian) 'Atu' are going to test the limits of what a 'democratically' elected leader can do to ensure their own non-prosecution after leaving office with proactive pardons. Which I think is more Ionescu than Kafka.

This, however, might be Kafkaesque.......

This story reminds me of two other stories which show that the question of being a citizen of an European state is always surrounded by the mysteries of bureaucracy and nationalisms. The French and the Germans sometimes have similar "philosophical" problems with it - but for different reasons.
In Germany, to be a German is a question of your personal history and where you were living all the time of the 20th century AND if you were possibly a victim of nazism or - also the opposite - a victim of communism. All of this can make you a German.
A Polish student once told me the funny story of a Polish man from his home town who found out that one of his grandfathers was a German and he - the Polish grandson - really tried to become German by going to a German civil servant in the responsible German department in Berlin - and this story is said to have really happened in 1991! This Polish man had heard that you could easily become citizen of Germany when you can prove that your grandfather was member of the German army between 1933 and 1945. So he showed a photo of his grandfather in 1938 and a photo of a German tank surrounded by invading German soldiers at a famous house in his Polish home town in 1939.
The German civil servant said:
- "OK! There is this photo of your grandfather and there are these German soldiers in front of the tank in your Polish home town .... but none of them looks similar to your grandfather's face! Where is your grandfather on this photo?"
- "He is sitting behind them in the German tank!"
- "Really very, very funny! Please get out of my bureau and bother a German satirist with your story!"

After this very sad story, there was another example around 1995 in the German TV news with a famous introduction by the German news anchor "Wolf von Lojewski" who was a descendant of a noble German-Polish family himself with a taste for funny and satirical "almost-British-looking-understatements":

"Imagine the following person, being born in the German city of Hannover, which is said of being the city with the best spoken "High-German" language. Your name is Heinrich Müller, your parents are both German, you are speaking only perfect German and no other language. You have never left the federal states of Germany before. Everyone of your neighbours and your colleagues only know you as Heinrich Müller right from the Kindergarten and no one ever complained about you that you might not be German.
So, you could come to the conclusion that a German state authoritiy would easily regard you as a German citizen, right?
- But you are wrong! Absolutely wrong!
Heinrich Müller's parents made the terrible mistake not to certify his birth in a German registry office and Heinrich Müller never needed a passport. Now, he wanted to make a holiday in Austria but he could not prove that he was born in Germany as a German for the necessary passport to cross Germany's borders. Moreover, his wish to go on holiday in Austria made him suspicious of being an Austrian, creeping up to Germany in order to get both citizenships of Austria AND Germany. This following TV report is now the almost unbelievable story of the difficulties of Heinrich Müller who is still trying to prove that he always was a German citizen right from his birth in Hannover!"

And finally the "philosophical" problems of being a citizen of France or better: How to become a citizen of France because the French always regarded it as the greatest French honour to become a French citizen:

Last edited:
"Imagine the following person, being born in the German city of Hannover, which is said of being the city with the best spoken "High-German" language. Your name is Heinrich Müller, your parents are both German, you are speaking only perfect German and no other language. You have never left the federal states of Germany before. Everyone of your neighbours and your colleagues only know you as Heinrich Müller right from the Kindergarten and no one ever complained about you that you might not be German.
So, you could come to the conclusion that a German state authoritiy would easily regard you as a German citizen, right?
- But you are wrong! Absolutely wrong!
Can't he make another attempt, under the name of, e.g. Hermann Schmidt or Otto Schneider? Maybe that sounds more convincing?:D

Even I would have rather recommended "Hans Müller" or "Johannes Schmidt", but on the other hand, with such names you simply disappear even in the telephone registers, because it is like probably with a Mr. Smith in english-speaking countries.
After "Heinrich Müller" was the "evening star" in those TV news with all the witnesses interviewed from his childhood, he suddenly had no more problems with the German state authorities or the registration office. I am always astonished about these "incredible coincidences" in "TV-related democracies": Just one TV report at the best broadcasting time about problems with state authorities and almost at the same time all problems with civil servants or state authorities suddenly disappear! It must be a worldwide kind of magic, I think.
:D:p

Even I would have rather recommended "Hans Müller" or "Johannes Schmidt", but on the other hand, with such names you simply disappear even in the telephone registers, because it is like probably with a Mr. Smith in english-speaking countries.
After "Heinrich Müller" was the "evening star" in those TV news with all the witnesses interviewed from his childhood, he suddenly had no more problems with the German state authorities or the registration office. I am always astonished about these "incredible coincidences" in "TV-related democracies": Just one TV report at the best broadcasting time about problems with state authorities and almost at the same time all problems with civil servants or state authorities suddenly disappear! It must be a worldwide kind of magic, I think.
:D:p
Coinicidentally, 'Heinrich Müller' was also the name of the head of the Gestapo during the Nazi regime. He vanished without trace during the capture of Berlin in May 1945, probably he got killed and his body was never recovered. Unaware of his fate, American forces have tried to track him down, but with such a common name (there were already two generals in the SS with the same name) this proved very difficult from the beginning.

Concerning Herr Müller's registration problem, there were times when one could legitimate his citizenship by a simple trick : enlisting in the army! No questions asked! On discharge, one got papers to prove his identity!

Well, there are always some persons who seem to be like in a "horror-thriller-movie", in which you have to kill the villain at least twice to really get rid of him.
Only last year, journalists from the German TV-station ZDF stumbled over some US-archive documents about the SS-General Hans Kammler, who was obviously searched by the US forces because he was part or at least regularly briefed in or about some secret German weapon developments before the end of WW II, for example theoretical studies of those times how to construct a German war-rocket with a still theoretical nuclear warhead.

"Officially", Hans Kammler was known to have committed suicide in a Czech forest on 9th of May 1945 and his driver, his adjutant and finally, a German court confirmed this version. Unfortunately, there was always a mystery about his body ...

Last year, the ZDF reporters found documents in US - archives which confirm that Kammler was mentioned as an important prisoner of war in an American military document on 30th May of 1945 and even on 2nd November of 1945, a brigadier general George McDonald orders a German-speaking specialist to interrogate "Speer, Kammler and Sauer"!

According to the ZDF-sources, Kammler died indeed of suicide, but not in 1945, but about 5 years later in a military US prison in the USA.

Here you can see the US-documents and the TV documentation in German:

"Official" version:

Back
Top Bottom