A question of space and time?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Such a lively spacey discussion here. CF IS TRULY AN AMAZING PLACE, set in its own special atmosphere, where all of us crux girls can attest to the fact that gravity is painfully real when hanging from a cross of @messaline ’s French premium wood or from a @thehangingtree noose.
It is actually quite differently in general relativity the expansion of the universe is slowed down when the masses of the many black holes are present (one theories of black matter), in crucifixion of black ones the holes are expanded faster by the cornus when there is more gravity. You see science confuses.

I once made as student the comment, that we should have a black female professional instead the white professor of astronomy, to explain the students the theory of the two black holes. That insight was not appreciated.

I am a friend of Solomonic judgments and hence, I think, "Hell" is both: not only endothermic ...
(the devil is obviously very active not only in his underworld but also in our world, so he must be very endothermic as his surrounding does, too!)
... but also exothermic ...
(because hell sets free more energy than it produces for itself, so hell can never freeze over as we know from all our human proverbs!) !

q.e.d. / Quod erat demonstrandum. (I just had to brag a bit with my knowledge of Latin from the famous French "Asterix" - comics!) ;)
You do realize what
It is actually quite differently in general relativity the expansion of the universe is slowed down when the masses of the many black holes are present (one theories of black matter), in crucifixion of black ones the holes are expanded faster by the cornus when there is more gravity. You see science confuses.

I once made as student the comment, that we should have a black female professional instead the white professor of astronomy, to explain the students the theory of the two black holes. That insight was not appreciated.
You are insane. I love you.

1. A scientist is someone who is blindfold and looking in a dark room for a black cat.

2. A philosopher or a metaphysicist is someone who is blindfold and looking in a dark room for a black cat, which is probably not there.

3. A dogmatic (e.g.: Marxist, Leninist etc.) or a theologian (e.g.: Catholic, Protestant etc.) is someone who is blindfold and looking in a dark room for a black cat, which is most probably not there and never was there, but suddenly a shouting is heard from the dark room: "I found the cat!"
What will happen if all three are simultaneously in the dark room, blindfolded, looking for the black cat in the pitch dark?

1) after the dogmatic has shouted "I found the cat!", the scientist requests visible evidence. As a reaction, the dogmatic, sided by the philosopher, will accuse the scientist of heresy and execute him.
2) the philosopher will make for himself in his mind an image of the black cat, and then he will challenge the dogmatic with it, and request confirmation that his image is correct. As a reaction, he too will be accused of heresy and executed.
3) the dogmatic will remain forever in the pitch dark room until he dies, because that is the only place where he will find his dogmas confirmed.

What will happen if all three are simultaneously in the dark room, blindfolded, looking for the black cat in the pitch dark?

1) after the dogmatic has shouted "I found the cat!", the scientist requests visible evidence. As a reaction, the dogmatic, sided by the philosopher, will accuse the scientist of heresy and execute him.
2) the philosopher will make for himself in his mind an image of the black cat, and then he will challenge the dogmatic with it, and request confirmation that his image is correct. As a reaction, he too will be accused of heresy and executed.
3) the dogmatic will remain forever in the pitch dark room until he dies, because that is the only place where he will find his dogmas confirmed.

Your theory is a bit too sad and remember: They are all blindfold! So, it is very difficult to execute someone you cannot see at all and maybe, the possible victims find a way out of the dark room before anyone can execute them.
;)

Your theory is a bit too sad and remember: They are all blindfold! So, it is very difficult to execute someone you cannot see at all and maybe, the possible victims find a way out of the dark room before anyone can execute them.
;)
Really? In a notorious cat-unfriendly :cat: thought experiment, I just replaced a cat in the box by three people. :roto2nuse:
From the viewpoint of quantumphysics, the rest is the same, for observers outside the box.:cop:;)

Or the Scientist, the Philosopher, and the Dogmatic are all killed and eaten by the Black Cat, who turned out to be a very hungry Black Jaguar. :biggrin:
istockphoto-156416013-170667a.jpg

Really? In a notorious cat-unfriendly :cat: thought experiment, I just replaced a cat in the box by three people. :roto2nuse:
From the viewpoint of quantumphysics, the rest is the same, for observers outside the box.:cop:;)

1. "Schrödinger's cat" was not the basic cat of my theory and you cannot simply replace or extend the theory of the famous "Schrödinger's cat" by introducing three unknown persons. ;)

2. a) This is similar to introducing three parallel worlds into our discussion and this complicates our scientific discussion in an unnecessary manner.
2. b) One cat of which we cannot decide if this cat is really dead or alive is already more than enough.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.10.24_20h30m35s_001_.jpg

3. We do not need three additional human individuals of whom we do not know if they are alive or not either.

4. Any introducing of any new cat, person or people to this theory - no matter if they are alive, dead or undead - will be rejected by most scientists I know!
:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
OK, but simply imagine now what might already be now in this box concerning the propositions during the last postings:
A cat of which we do not know if it is a cat or a Black Jaguar, at least three persons which are most probably enemies to each other and of whom do not know either if they are alive, dead or undead! Don't you think, we complicated the first scientific initial premise a bit? Just a little bit? Don't we need a bigger box? Hm, much bigger?
:eek: ;)

There are always holes. Science is about filling them.

Now, is Hell exothermic or endothermic? ;)
Hell - endothermic or exothermic

The following is a really asked question in the final chemistry test at Maynooth University (County Kildare, Ireland). One student's answer was so profound that the professor did not tell his colleagues wanted to withhold and spread on the Internet, which is why we are now also about it be allowed to amuse.

Bonus question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Most students, using Boyle's law, speculated that gas expanded as it expanded cools down and the temperature drops with pressure or something like that. Most students, using Boyle's law, speculated that gas expanded as it expanded cools down and the temperature drops with pressure or something like that.

One student however wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct.....leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

This student was the only one to achieve the highest grade :icon_writing:
:idea:

Hell - endothermic or exothermic

The following is a really asked question in the final chemistry test at Maynooth University (County Kildare, Ireland). One student's answer was so profound that the professor did not tell his colleagues wanted to withhold and spread on the Internet, which is why we are now also about it be allowed to amuse.

Bonus question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Most students, using Boyle's law, speculated that gas expanded as it expanded cools down and the temperature drops with pressure or something like that. Most students, using Boyle's law, speculated that gas expanded as it expanded cools down and the temperature drops with pressure or something like that.

One student however wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct.....leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

This student was the only one to achieve the highest grade :icon_writing:
:idea:
“When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will haunt the Physics Laboratory..”
:ghost:

And I thought that I was just asking a simple, theoretical question!

Another question, could in quantum sub particle physics, the change from matter to energy be reversed?

After all:

"The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.”​

― John Burdon Sanderson Haldane

(and possibly several others as well!!)

Well then we just have to convince death that he has to dispose of the souls in the black holes in the universe. The only problem is, how do you contact Death, does he have an email address?
Another difficult question, is the death male or female?

Some more thoughts and own experiences to make me and you shiver over night:

1. People who were near freezing to death were telling often to the hospital's staff that they had the impression of a personified death who is "warm, friendly and FEMALE" !

2. Don't hurry to contact Death because Death is famous for surprise visits and "she" will contact all of us.

3. Up to now, I have seen on TV twice a really "insane" moment, when a male person committed suicide by shooting a bullet into his head in public and standing in front of cameras. One of these cameras even was a high speed camera for sports and you could see the face of one man in slow motion. Both cases happened in different cultures on different continents. What was really strange for me was in both cases that in the presumed moment of the bullet entering the brain, both "victims" looked in their last living moment like in a very big surprise focused to a point about three meters in front of them, where no one was to be seen but both suddenly seemed to see there "something" or "someone" which seemed to be the cause for their immensely astonished look. Then, their bodies collapsed and they fell to the floor.
I sometimes think that in the moment of death, there could be an opening for the dying person into another dimension and in fact, there are descriptions of unusual "NDE's" (= Near Death Experiences) of persons who say that - e.g. after their almost deadly accidents - they still could see all the paramedics around them working on their unconscious bodies, but then a "hole" in the normal surrounding landscape opened and their NDE started with this hole which seemed warm, attractive and like a tunnel with a light somewhere inside.

Okay, my admiringly untutored and amateur musing.
First, the only equation that I know, energy equals mass times the speed of light squared. Also known to all engineers, accident reconstruction experts and hunters/shooters (Those who make their own ammo anyway) as energy equals mass time velocity squared.

But is we divide both sides of the equation by the velocity we get energy divided by velocity equals mass.
You'll see where I am going in a moment.

Assumption number One: That there is merit in the Dark matter/ energy theory and their proportions are roughly 27/66%. That is there is something 'fueling' the dark energy and this could only be the dark matter. A reasonable assumption is that they were created the same time as the 'visible' universe was created, if the 'big bang' theory is correct, that last is a question for another day.
Assuming a roughly equal existence of Dark matter/ energy at the beginning then dark matter seems to be fueling dark energy in the expansion of the cosmos in accordance with Einstein's equation above.

But could the process be reversed as I did above, hey matter had to come from somewhere, correct? Big bang or no big bang, the stuff we are made of had to come from somewhere!

Assumption number two. That some time in the distant future, there won't be enough dark matter to fuel the dark energy and this will trigger a crisis. This will cause the dark energy to freeze into dark matter and the resulting surge of gravity will drive the cosmos will start to collapse in on it self, triggering another "big bang".

OK, that is my theory, you can all start to laugh now.

OK ... yes, there is a relationship between matter and energy postulated by Einstein's famous equation, but in the final analysis the equation only means that a ridiculous amount of energy is stored in matter.

But the equation doesn't mean that either the energy is immediately accessible in matter ... certain preconditions (i.e. the complete destruction of said matter) have to exist before it can be accessed.

IMHO dark matter (if it exists) does not fuel dark energy (if it exists).

If, for the sake of argument, we assume dark matter exists (and that's a HUGE assumption BTW) converting it with natural processes to energy would tend to be really difficult .... unless you are relying on processes proton and quantum particle decay to be the engine, and that will occur naturally in minimal quantities over the next few TRILLION years as the universe sputters out to darkness.

Got to remember that, broadly speaking, matter is VERY stable store of energy (if you want to look at it that way rather than as a 'state') and it takes a hell of a reaction to make it completely yield up its energy .... the natural processes that we rely on to extract energy from matter - burning it, splitting the atoms, fusing it ... destroy only minimal amounts of the matter involved (less than .000000001% in the case of fission, less for fusion, and its all chemical for burning matter with no matter loss) and hence only produce (relatively minimal) amounts of energy.

That might seem like a nonsense, but all the fission plants and bombs, and all the hydrogen weapons, and all the energy plants that have EVER existed on Earth, have never produced even a milli-second's worth of the energy generated by the Sun. And the amount of mass lost by the Sun to produce that second's worth of energy in its fusion furnace is less that a gram - the rest of the immense hydrogen mass is not lost and is fused to make helium and heavier elements.

And the G Type Sun is a pretty undistinguished star amongst the 250 billion in our galaxy ... unlike the big O types that fuse their hydrogen to Iron in only a few million years .

But only a vanishingly small amount of the Suns mass (and the mass of those massive O types that will 'destroy' themselves .... but not their matter ... spectacularly in supernovas) is ever truly destroyed in line with Einstein's equation.

Anybody who has made contact with me on this site knows I am not the normal old lady, granny type.. I have studied several of the worlds religions ad dont subscribe to any of them. I dont believe in heaven or hell. I see our bodies as simply a vehicle to transport our spirit. ( I am a spiritualist ) The spirit is pure energy. In the Bible, an owners manual for spirits who drive a human form, I talks about fallen angels, who saw animals experiencing pain and pleasure. The fallen angels wanted to experience those things and entered the bodies of living beings. As punishment for this act, God didnt allow them to exit until the body died. When our bodies die, the spirit or soul escapes the confines because it is pure energy and energy can neither be created or destroyed. It goes on forever. Some of you will undoubtedly tell me to go to hell for this statement , but as you know I dont believe there is such a place.

Back
Top Bottom