A Respectful Crux

Go to CruxDreams.com
A while ago I read http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/thread...t-its-reality-head-on.5903/page-3#post-297560

I made a post saying that a person could be crucified without nails, blood and gore. Then this got my dark mind thinking and I came up with a story to demonstrate how. I was going to work on something with Eulalia which I was looking forward too as she is a very interesting woman to talk to. But I have had to travel for work and I'm in California right now and the hotel blocks loads of websites. They even block VPN traffic as well. Given this Eulalia and I have put our project on hold but it's going to be seven different types of awesome when we starts so watch out for it.

Anyway I was board and decided to start this story. I'll post the first part then other bits when I can. Enjoy.

Somewhere in northern Europe 10 years after the Retreat of the Roman Empire due to Barbarian advance.

I always liked the king.

King Anthony had worked hard to restore order after the Romans were beaten back by the Vandals. Although most were happy to see the Vandals push back the Romans after the fighting they didn’t want to stop. The Vandals just wanted to keep on pillaging and plundering. But Anthony had wealth and he used it to defend this city so the Vandals would pick on easier targets. The Vandals destroy so much without contributing anything that I fear one day their name will simply mean one who needlessly destroys. Despite that for ten years now King Anthony has kept us safe. How could you be against the man who did that?

With the safety he brought the people were prosperous. I always thought everyone liked the king, but obviously some didn’t.

He was fair as well. He only allowed painful executions of the most serious of crimes and restricted torture only to those who refused to give vital information. A big change from the Romans.

But a few of the towns leaders supported an uprising by Anthony’s uncle, Tibus. Tibus has promised them more power once he had defeated Anthony. But the plot was found out before it could fully form.

The small ground of landowners who supported Tibus fled the city with him. But were quickly surrounded and all committed suicide, in that most Roman of ways. Then Anthony stated that as long as the remainder of their family’s pledged allegiance to him they would be spared. I thought that was very kind of him.

So the rebel leaders were dead, the rest pledged allegiance, so all was said and done then. Well not all I am afraid to say.

Three months ago Tibus married a 21 year old woman called Vipsania. The coward Tibus left her as he fled so she was captured and now is being held at the king’s residence. He only married Vipsania for her family name. She was young and all her family were killed by the Vandals so her name was all she had. If they had been alive they may have warned her against marrying such a man. But sadly she received no council.

As she was married to the ringleader the people deemed her as guilty as Tibus. So she would have to face his fate had he not killed himself.

As the head constable I was the one who spoke with her. Earlier today I sat her down and discussed her situation. She was a dignified woman who knew what needed to happen to her. With a straight face she accepted she must be put to death but only asked for it not to be made a public sceptical. I hoped I could respect her wish.

The king has summoned his advisors and me to discuss her fate. We were all in Anthony’s villa where he ruled from. He had sat us down at a round oak table in one of his larger rooms. The floor was made from bunt orange tile and the roof above us supported by beautifully caved pillars. His villa was on a natural hill top so we had a view over the city. I’ll give it to the Romans, they knew how to build.

The voices of the men echoed as they spoke giving them a more grandiose feel. As a man of no real position I sat silently as the rest spoke.

One older man said firmly “The woman was his wife so his actions are hers as well. So she must die and in a way to deter others or there will be another attempt on you my king. And we may not see that one coming”

A few men nodded.

Another said “My King you must accept the public needs to see an example of power. All the others are dead so she is all that remains. I would have her tortured slowly for several days using methods to cause her to scream so the population hears it. Her body should be stretched, her vagina tortured, her skin burned. Then only permit her to die in a painful way”

“Her vagina?” Responded one my.

“Yes I once saw a woman tied down and the tip of a cone shaped object placed in her vagina. Over a few hours it was pushing into her. At first it stretched her then it hurt her more severely. It was most effective”

The king put his forehead into his hand. He did not want to have to hurt the girl let alone order her tortured but not doing so would appear weak. Even I knew that.

Anthony raised his head looking to a man yet to speak. “What of you? What is your recommendation?”

“Sir I am sorry to say but she needs to die and pain is required. I don’t like it either, none of us do but it needs to happen”

The king looked to me “Markus. You spoke to her do you have anything to add?”

“Yes sir. She accepted that her husband’s actions we hers as well. She knows she has to die and has said she will accept your judgment. She also agreed she needs to suffer and die slowly. But all she asks is her death not be made a public sceptical. As the last of her family she does not want the name to end in ridicule. She even said she would make a statement supporting her being tortured if you would like it”

The King shook his head “That poor girl. Her only real crime is marring the wrong man. First Tibus takes her name to betray it now she will make a statement supporting me ordering her tortured. But we need to keep the city together so I now am forced to condemn her to death”

All the others nodded as he said that.

“Markus can you engineer an execution that is painful and lasts at least twelve hours? But one that is not gruesome so she can be buried with some dignity. Can you do that for me?”

I nodded “Yes my King”

I could see the regret in his eyes as he leaned back in his chair. He shook his head again. “I want her executed in the courtyard at the back on this villa. I will approve only a small group to watch her die but no more. But Tell her one thing Markus”

“Of course my King”

“Tell her I’m sorry”

The king looked at his advisors “Leave me now. I have to live with what I have done”

We all got up exiting the room. As I walked away I could hear him sobbing.

hmm, I like this, everyone is with some reluctance trying to do their duty ... to make the best for all out of a bad situation ... but I'm quite sure once they start some enthusiasm will show :D
I wonder, as it starts with Markus observing that he 'always liked the king', if that might have changed by the end...

Last edited:
Okay, but what's with this firm and respected king being forced into executing a girl. Doesn't sound so secure in his kingship to me. I suppose he's bound by the law. :eek::rolleyes::doh:

Great start, Darkmind.:) Looking forward to more.:popcorn:

Sorry for the delay in this one. I've been traveling and broke the laptop with the rest of the story on it. Don't worry i can rewrite but it will take a while.
Well that sucks!!! I hope you type faster than I do!!!

Darkmind. Any progress on this story? Hope, even after nearly two years lapse, that it has not been abandoned as it has such great potential.
H

Back
Top Bottom