a sculpture and some drawings from me ... and what might follow in the future

Go to CruxDreams.com
According to many of the legends Eulalia was stripped and tortured on an X cross, when she continued to proclaim her faith the local governor was so enraged that he ordered that she be crucified in the same manner as the Jesus that she followed.
At dawn on the following day after Eulalia had spent a night in the cells for the soldiers pleasure, she was taken outside the city of Barcelona and crucified naked on a T cross according to the sentence, after suffering in terrible agony for many hours she finally expired in a heavy snowstorm, her martyrdom complete. Sculpteur depicted her final demise correctly.

Thanks to all of you for all your likes and comments!

@phlebas .. Yes, taking the photo is at least half of the success when showing objects in pictures. In fact, I tried to do my best on my kitchen table without any professional studio lighting.
Unfortunately I have long periods of not making any artwork as I also have a daily life to manage and doing art really consumes me completely. I dive into those fantasies for days then. Also in the past years I did a lot of semi private rope bodage art with lots of great real women, which consumed all my attention. So there is not that much stuff to follow for now. But we will see. I have some more bdsm-drawings from another period that are not about crucifixion. But I saw you have a general bdsm-forum, too. So I could post them there if you want to find out if you might enjoy them, too.

@Eulalia .. Thanks for your appreciation and the detailed descriptions about your name-saint! Seems you really went into that story a lot. I also did a bit research and found that in fact there seem to be two saints with nearly similar stories. A St.Eulalia from Barcelona and a St.Eulalia from Merida which some researchers don't see as the same. Do you know more about that?
I also could not find any proof story about one of them crucified. I just found several artworks that you also described that somehow connect with crucifixion. In fact it was just the caracter of Eulalia that after days thinking about that proud, courageous, spiritual, young woman, nearly made me fall in love with her. So I decided to think of her when doing that sculpture. There is also a bronze statue from 1880 that shows a woman crucified on a T-cross and is called Eulalia Christiana. The artist was Emilio Franceschi. Here is a link https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Emilio_franceschi,_eulalia_cristiana,_1880.jpg
Yes, I first happened to read about Eulalia in a little book of saints belonging to a 'churchy' great aunt, and I was very excited at the idea of a girl my own age behaving in such a spirited way - and being martyred in such an exciting way too (I was already well into secret masochistic fantasies!)

It's my opinion that Eulalia of Merida was the original, and her cult was transferred to Barcelona. Prudentius was a native of the Ebro valley region, and his poem may have encouraged devotion to her in north-eastern Iberia (and in neighbouring parts of southern Gaul). Very possibly some of her relics were moved to Barcino (Barcelona) at the time of the Moorish conquest of al-Andalus. But the idea that she was crucified, or burnt on a cross, along with many other elaborations of her tortures, seems to have just been the way her legend developed, with elements of other virgins' martyrdoms added to Eulalia's. But Catalonians are very insistent that 'their' Eulalia isn't the one from Merida.

I think I have seen pictures of that sculpture by Franceschi, but I don't know anything about it, why he chose the subject or whether it was a commission.

So I want to show you a small sculpture I made. Hope you enjoy it unless it is far from perfect
This is spectacular work, sculpteur! I think I like the unpainted version almost better than the painted version. It allows the imagination to work on the observation. It really does come alive though. :clapping::clapping::clapping:
What comes now are some very very old drawings.
And your drawings are similarly excellent. :)
The last thing I can offer for today are some studies I did for the composition of my sculpture.
One gets the idea that you put a good amount of concentration, thought, and attention into your work, which is, of course, a part of what makes good art, but you have also a true artistic talent, clearly. It really is lovely work.
She shook her head so her hair caught fire, and she was thrown out onto the cold pavement of the Forum, where her spirit flew away as a white dove, and a shower of snow blanketed her.
Now, this would be an interesting challenge to depict in an image.

Yes, I first happened to read about Eulalia in a little book of saints belonging to a 'churchy' great aunt, and I was very excited at the idea of a girl my own age behaving in such a spirited way - and being martyred in such an exciting way too (I was already well into secret masochistic fantasies!)

It's my opinion that Eulalia of Merida was the original, and her cult was transferred to Barcelona. Prudentius was a native of the Ebro valley region, and his poem may have encouraged devotion to her in north-eastern Iberia (and in neighbouring parts of southern Gaul). Very possibly some of her relics were moved to Barcino (Barcelona) at the time of the Moorish conquest of al-Andalus. But the idea that she was crucified, or burnt on a cross, along with many other elaborations of her tortures, seems to have just been the way her legend developed, with elements of other virgins' martyrdoms added to Eulalia's. But Catalonians are very insistent that 'their' Eulalia isn't the one from Merida.

I think I have seen pictures of that sculpture by Franceschi, but I don't know anything about it, why he chose the subject or whether it was a commission.
Wow!! You must have done a lot of research on that and also the way you embed this in such deep historical knowlege really impresses me!

I think the goal of the historian is to find truths, while the goal of the artist or the spiritual person is more about finding inspiration. Which led to many artists or believers somehow working "against" the historians throughout the centuries ;) But in the end it sometimes feels to me, they were all just watching out for some kinky stuff ;)

This is spectacular work, sculpteur! I think I like the unpainted version almost better than the painted version. It allows the imagination to work on the observation. It really does come alive though. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

And your drawings are similarly excellent. :)

One gets the idea that you put a good amount of concentration, thought, and attention into your work, which is, of course, a part of what makes good art, but you have also a true artistic talent, clearly. It really is lovely work.

Now, this would be an interesting challenge to depict in an image.
Thanks for your lines!

Well, the white version is past, as it is painted now ;) ... but I am glad I have the photos to still compare. Maybe next time I leave it white ... I just was too curious to see how it looks painted. But I like it too, remembering me more of the dramatic style of sculptures from times of gothic about 16th century, while the white version remembered me more of the artistic style of classicism in 19th century. There are so many ways to go...

Oh please do post in BDSM group! I’d love to see them for one...
okay, started a thread

And here is what I was drawing for you all today - fresh from my sketchbook and still smells of hairspray. Just as a thanks for all the likes!
Not everyone might like that one! It somehow twists all the crucifixion thing ... well, it is a deeply private fantasy of mine

IMG_20210327_0003.jpg

hope you feel inspired!

And here is what I was drawing for you all today - fresh from my sketchbook and still smells of hairspray. Just as a thanks for all the likes!
Not everyone might like that one! It somehow twists all the crucifixion thing ... well, it is a deeply private fantasy of mine

View attachment 986838

hope you feel inspired!
actually I love the idea of that ritual, making her life depend on the pilgrims

lots of creepy crawlies there, is she already colonized by leeches?
...yes
actually I love the idea of that ritual, making her life depend on the pilgrims
I'm glad you like it :) ... I think the pilgrims can buy these sweet cakes for a high price at the entrance of the temple before they walk to the small chapel. They are mixed with some secret herbs that help her endure the pain during those days.

View attachment 986838

hope you feel inspired!
It’s a beautiful image and concept. What a wonderful religion. One can imagine all sorts of interesting aspects to this religion. As a pilgrim I’d want to feel the suffering, so I’m sure there’s be a strong tradition of penitential pain.

The accommodation near the temple could consist solely of similar crux’s for the pilgrims. With options for harsher cornus (spiked, dildoed, sharper horse, jagged horse, horse with spiked anal dildo)
Packages include simple overnight stays to a week suffering as she does. Pilgrims may opt fir light or heavy binding with ropes, chains, or even nails.

the crux hotel receives patronage all year from those wishing to serve penance...

It’s a beautiful image and concept. What a wonderful religion. One can imagine all sorts of interesting aspects to this religion. As a pilgrim I’d want to feel the suffering, so I’m sure there’s be a strong tradition of penitential pain.

The accommodation near the temple could consist solely of similar crux’s for the pilgrims. With options for harsher cornus (spiked, dildoed, sharper horse, jagged horse, horse with spiked anal dildo)
Packages include simple overnight stays to a week suffering as she does. Pilgrims may opt fir light or heavy binding with ropes, chains, or even nails.

the crux hotel receives patronage all year from those wishing to serve penance...
Well, good idea - think the priestess would soon be able to make a golden lifesize sculpture of the goddess for the temple, if she just lets the guys pay for that deep religious experience ;)

Today I spontaneously took some mobile-snapshots from my Eulalia-Figure already shown in this thread. But the morning light in my kitchen gave it a completely different mood. I also tried to find some interesting angles. Still it is just snapshots and the details also make the small mistakes more obviously. But maybe you enjoy anyway.

I still think if it might be an option, to make a 3D-Scan of that figure and then 3D-print it for reproduction. Anyone having some experience with this? Maybe some people would like to own such a figure, too, and that would make it possible.

IMG_8537.jpgIMG_8525.jpgIMG_8532.jpgIMG_8526.jpgIMG_8536.jpgIMG_8535.jpg

I’d be interested, especially if it’s painted. if the price was ok I might buy a second unpainted one? Brush off my miniature paint skills?
Ohhh ... I am still at the step of just thinking/dreaming about it. No idea what the prices would be. This is, why I ask. I guess that doing a scan in a professional studio might be really very expensive. And tbh, I am not very skilled and equipped with digital stuff. Prices get low with serial production, but I do not have the resources for that :D

I’d be interested, especially if it’s painted. if the price was ok I might buy a second unpainted one? Brush off my miniature paint skills?

Ohhh ... I am still at the step of just thinking/dreaming about it. No idea what the prices would be. This is, why I ask. I guess that doing a scan in a professional studio might be really very expensive. And tbh, I am not very skilled and equipped with digital stuff. Prices get low with serial production, but I do not have the resources for that :D
And the price of new handmade originals?

Back
Top Bottom