a sculpture and some drawings from me ... and what might follow in the future

Go to CruxDreams.com
And the price of new handmade originals?
This is always hard to calculate, as I am not a professional freelancer and cannot offer a bill for I would otherwise need to go through the complicated process of declaring an enterprise to the tax office. Which is not worth for just one order.
So the price in my eyes would be based on friendship. Still it is a long process to plan and make such a figure. Also there lies heart in it, so just summing up the hours I worked on, is not enough for me.

I would say, for a crucifixion with a cross-height of about 20cm: about 1200 Euro

For one with a cross height of about 14cm: about 600 Euro

The one of my Avatar was more like a sketch-study and in some parts looks a bit clumsy. But as it already exists and I do not really have a need for it, I would offer that one for 300 Euro as it still has some charme in my eyes.

Alternatively you can offer me a night with your most beautiful slavegirl in exchange. I promise she will survive it ;)

This is always hard to calculate, as I am not a professional freelancer and cannot offer a bill for I would otherwise need to go through the complicated process of declaring an enterprise to the tax office. Which is not worth for just one order.
So the price in my eyes would be based on friendship. Still it is a long process to plan and make such a figure. Also there lies heart in it, so just summing up the hours I worked on, is not enough for me.

I would say, for a crucifixion with a cross-height of about 20cm: about 1200 Euro

For one with a cross height of about 14cm: about 600 Euro

The one of my Avatar was more like a sketch-study and in some parts looks a bit clumsy. But as it already exists and I do not really have a need for it, I would offer that one for 300 Euro as it still has some charme in my eyes.

Alternatively you can offer me a night with your most beautiful slavegirl in exchange. I promise she will survive it ;)
I have a feeling me pretending to be a slave girl, even if I dressed appropriately, may not cut the mustard so I guess I’d best start saving?

Today I spontaneously took some mobile-snapshots from my Eulalia-Figure already shown in this thread. But the morning light in my kitchen gave it a completely different mood. I also tried to find some interesting angles. Still it is just snapshots and the details also make the small mistakes more obviously. But maybe you enjoy anyway.

I still think if it might be an option, to make a 3D-Scan of that figure and then 3D-print it for reproduction. Anyone having some experience with this? Maybe some people would like to own such a figure, too, and that would make it possible.

View attachment 988721View attachment 988715View attachment 988718View attachment 988716View attachment 988720View attachment 988719
The light makes her skin glisten so, truly wet with sweat!

Maybe would help analog technique.
Yes, this is an option. I have been at a sculptors-school for five years in my younger days and we did this a lot. If it works, depends a lot on the form of your figure. A cross brings some difficult to solve problems with it. Imagine getting the long, thin beam out of the silicone. It is still an immense amount of work. You might need a two-piece silicone form. And I do not have a workspace, too. And beside a life and a job and a partner ... :(

In former days, sculptors had workshops with a lot of trained people who just carved copies of their designs, as this was still the most effective way.

In the end you need one of these two things: lots of time or lots of money :/

For me, doing a single piece is the fun part, so I enjoy the time with it. But reproduction becomes the stress part that needs some other kind of motivation.

But thanks for sharing your ideas!

If I find a fun way to make copies for cheaper, I will let you know. In fact, I don‘t care about earning money with that, but still I do not want to dump prices of sculptors who make their living with this.

@IgnikaMarcus Thanks for your interest

I found a website of a shop in my city that is called youlittle - they offer scans and prints from whatever you like. Seems they even print in color. They say they need to know the object before beeing able to calculate a price. Scans anyway seem to cost about 250 Euro. But I don't know what a print then costs and I guess more prints mean splitting the costs of the scan on every item. I guess you would need to calculate with about 500 Euro for a sculpture ... plus shipping ... plus "hey I had some efforts with that"
If you are really, really ... really interested, I could go there and ask them ... if they .... would like ... to scan that ... naked, ...bloody, ...sweaty woman hanging from a cross ... omg...
I still don't know if I want to really do that :/

@Madiosi @Loinclothslave1

Hello, there is some great stuff around here and I am always about trying to give back something ;)

So I want to show you a small sculpture I made. Hope you enjoy it unless it is far from perfect

This is the unpainted version. Made of air-dry clay and about 26cm in height together with the podest (so it is relatively small)

View attachment 986350View attachment 986351

Here it is painted with acrylic colours and then covered with acrylic laquer. I was thinking about painting or not for a long time before I decided that I might like the more dramatic look instead of the artistic white-look

View attachment 986353View attachment 986352

Think I am okay with it and hope you feel inspired

Guess one day I will do a better one with more correct anatomy

Hello, there is some great stuff around here and I am always about trying to give back something ;)

So I want to show you a small sculpture I made. Hope you enjoy it unless it is far from perfect

This is the unpainted version. Made of air-dry clay and about 26cm in height together with the podest (so it is relatively small)

View attachment 986350View attachment 986351

Here it is painted with acrylic colours and then covered with acrylic laquer. I was thinking about painting or not for a long time before I decided that I might like the more dramatic look instead of the artistic white-look

View attachment 986353View attachment 986352

Think I am okay with it and hope you feel inspired

Guess one day I will do a better one with more correct anatomy
i think these are great and would love to see more.

Back
Top Bottom