A Tale of Two Barbs: A Pirate Cay Adventure

Go to CruxDreams.com
Not sure about your choice for “Big Fred” Loxuru.. :doh::doh::doh: I mean.. there are plenty of fine british actors who can play upper-class twits without causing mass vomiting and nausea in the audience.:p
For one, thing, Big Fred is Black.:doh: As is Robert. So, maybe Idris Elba for Robert and James Earl Jones for Fred. Also, the doctor is Indian (though US born) so perhaps one of those glamorous Bollywood stars. Or Mindy Kaling or Priyanka Chopra..
I had the impression that Big Fred could be black, but it was never mentioned explicitely in the story (or I must have overlooked it, despite looking for confirmation in the story text). Perhaps you noticed either, that I selected several actors who had played in James Bond movies (Carrera, Bach, Lee, Atkinson, Basinger, Seymour). My black candidate for Big Fred was hence Yaphet Kotto, who played Kananga/Mr. Big in 'Live and Let Die'. White candidates? Stephen Fry, perhaps?

The Indian doctor, I was aware off, but somehow, Dyanne Thorne was a more convenient casting as a wicked, horny doctor (since I cast them from body language in comparable roles they played in their movies). See it as artistic liberty from the movie production.

I had the impression that Big Fred could be black, but it was never mentioned explicitely in the story (or I must have overlooked it, despite looking for confirmation in the story text). Perhaps you noticed either, that I selected several actors who had played in James Bond movies (Carrera, Bach, Lee, Atkinson, Basinger, Seymour). My black candidate for Big Fred was hence Yaphet Kotto, who played Kananga/Mr. Big in 'Live and Let Die'. White candidates? Stephen Fry, perhaps?

The Indian doctor, I was aware off, but somehow, Dyanne Thorne was a more convenient casting as a wicked, horny doctor (since I cast them from body language in comparable roles they played in their movies). See it as artistic liberty from the movie production.
It was probably mentioned in one of the earlier "Spring Break Slaves" stories. Most of the inhabitants of those small English-speaking Caribbean islands are Black.

The doctor is based on Priya from the Trabbian stories,. Maybe a long-lost cousin of hers....

Back
Top Bottom