Alice, Daughter of Barabbas

Go to CruxDreams.com
OH, ER, ABOUT THAT...UM... :oops: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, EH? IF YOU DON'T MIND THE PUN. :rolleyes::cool:

Excellent alternative reality, and we certainly will never forget our beautiful Alice! :)
A real tour de force, Wragg!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer:

THERE'S TEA AND SOME NICE JAM CAKES, WHEN WE GET TO THAT LIGHT, ALTHOUGH AFTER WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH, PERHAPS A LARGE BRANDY WOULD BE BETTER. (AND MAYBE A NICE HOT BATH). YOU KNOW, YOU'RE MUCH MORE LOVELY THAN THAT CHAP FROM NAZARETH. EVER BEEN THERE? NO? WELL, YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING...

Amazing, Jolly gets walk on (rattle on?) part at the end and gets the girl, in a manner of speaking.

Great work, Wragg. Simple yet forceful and a real journey of discovery and creativity for you!

"You have done well, my child. Your torment is over."

The voice was kind. She clung to him, pleased to find herself able to move again.

"What kept you? I was...up there...for an eternity!"

"You are a strong woman. I could not come sooner!"

"I....begged....for....you!" She sobbed in his arms.

"You cannot know how many lives you have saved today."

"What?"

"The Nazarene. Millions would have died in his name, if he had occupied your cross!"

"I don't understand...."

"He will now die forgotten. The courage you showed on your cross will be remembered for centuries."

She still failed to understand a word that he said. Nevertheless, she trusted him, and she was content to allow him to lead her towards the light.

THE END
On this day eleven years ago, there was no such genre as 'Alice Crux'. Another month would pass before that concept was realised when a young girl from Moscow completed a Cruxdreams contract in the 'Crux Forest'. But before that momentous occasion, on this day eleven years ago, she was celebrating her nineteenth birthday.

Today, the dramatic conclusion to 'Alice Barabbas' coincides with Alice's 30th birthday -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-380967

When Alice retired from nude modelling a decade ago, she had just one single bondage set in her modelling portfolio - the 'Crux Forest' session. This has assured her lasting fame among crux fans, to the extent that artwork and stories inspired by her performance in 2007, have enjoyed increasing popularity right up to the present day. And in all likelihood, Alice is blissfully unaware of all the words and pictures she has inspired.

Just a few days ago, I noted that the publication by a single author of two Alice crux stories on this site within four months was an unprecedented feat. But more than this, 'Alice Barabbas' represents the pioneering achievement of your first story to be illustrated by your own first photo manipulation series. Any other absolute beginner would be expected to rely entirely on sources from Makar's photographs of the genuinely crucified Alice.

Whilst you have indeed employed a number of appropriate Makar sources, you have modified these to suit both the story and your chosen screen shots from a specific Passion movie. Further, you have created authentic, composite figures of Alice, derived from modelling sessions for Anzilov, Lobanov and Rylsky. This is an ambitious course for any fledgling manipulator to take, and the results are frankly remarkable.

As both author and artist, you have produced a sensitive and emotionally charged story, which presents Alice as a credible character, and finally implies a much deeper meaning for her crucifixion than anything previously ascribed to it.

Congratulations, Wragg, on this brilliant story - the accolades are well-deserved. And welcome to the ensemble of Alice manip artists - I am delighted to see that your DeviantArt gallery is now open and the works are being well received -
https://wragg.deviantart.com/

And Happy Birthday to Alice - arguably and enduringly the Most Manipulated Makar Model. :)

Alice break-rigin-0003det1.jpg

On this day eleven years ago, there was no such genre as 'Alice Crux'. Another month would pass before that concept was realised when a young girl from Moscow completed a Cruxdreams contract in the 'Crux Forest'. But before that momentous occasion, on this day eleven years ago, she was celebrating her nineteenth birthday.

Today, the dramatic conclusion to 'Alice Barabbas' coincides with Alice's 30th birthday -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-380967

When Alice retired from nude modelling a decade ago, she had just one single bondage set in her modelling portfolio - the 'Crux Forest' session. This has assured her lasting fame among crux fans, to the extent that artwork and stories inspired by her performance in 2007, have enjoyed increasing popularity right up to the present day. And in all likelihood, Alice is blissfully unaware of all the words and pictures she has inspired.

Just a few days ago, I noted that the publication by a single author of two Alice crux stories on this site within four months was an unprecedented feat. But more than this, 'Alice Barabbas' represents the pioneering achievement of your first story to be illustrated by your own first photo manipulation series. Any other absolute beginner would be expected to rely entirely on sources from Makar's photographs of the genuinely crucified Alice.

Whilst you have indeed employed a number of appropriate Makar sources, you have modified these to suit both the story and your chosen screen shots from a specific Passion movie. Further, you have created authentic, composite figures of Alice, derived from modelling sessions for Anzilov, Lobanov and Rylsky. This is an ambitious course for any fledgling manipulator to take, and the results are frankly remarkable.

As both author and artist, you have produced a sensitive and emotionally charged story, which presents Alice as a credible character, and finally implies a much deeper meaning for her crucifixion than anything previously ascribed to it.

Congratulations, Wragg, on this brilliant story - the accolades are well-deserved. And welcome to the ensemble of Alice manip artists - I am delighted to see that your DeviantArt gallery is now open and the works are being well received -
https://wragg.deviantart.com/

And Happy Birthday to Alice - arguably and enduringly the Most Manipulated Makar Model. :)

View attachment 587017
Well, thanks, Bob, and poor Alice, who'd want to be a Most Manipulated Model? :confused:

For instance, this one:

Alice Golgotha 042.jpg

is made up from three original Alice images, the upper body from here

ALICE_(1081).jpg

Head and shapely posterior from here

ALICE_(1079).jpg

legs and feet from here

ondine_on_the_rocks-15.jpg

But I can say, with absolute sincerity rather than piety, that

sins uncovered.jpg

my sins were covered by the Cross! :cool: :D

I will say this, and I have no business or pecuniary interest in Corel, that Paint Shop Pro is one hell of a powerful program. It takes a bit of mastering, but with guides like Bob, and Phlebas, and Madiosi to illuminate the mysteries you can do some exceptional things. Bob uses Photoshop I think, which must be even better, judging from his results!

I will say this, and I have no business or pecuniary interest in Corel, that Paint Shop Pro is one hell of a powerful program. It takes a bit of mastering, but with guides like Bob, and Phlebas, and Madiosi to illuminate the mysteries you can do some exceptional things. Bob uses Photoshop I think, which must be even better, judging from his results!
For the last two years I have been using an old version of Photoshop dating from 2003.
I push its limits with bold experiments and I am still discovering what it can do.

I don't think it is simply a question of which programme is better, but more about our familiarity with a particular resource.
Quite often I cannot remember how I produced a certain effect, and I have to experiment and learn it again! :doh:

I dabble in photography, in a non-crux sense, and use a combination of RawTherapee, FastStone, and Photoshop (the last version before Adobe went to subscription). All these programs take a lot of getting used to, and CF manips have been how I get to now the features of the programs. I still probably don't know half of what Photoshop can do. What you've accomplished with your manips here is really splendid. Certainly, I would have said you must have at least had some prior experience with Corel. If not, you've managed that learning curve in spades.
Regardless, they are all very good images.
Quite often I cannot remember how I produced a certain effect, and I have to experiment and learn it again! :doh:
Yes, I know this song.

Well, thanks, Bob, and poor Alice, who'd want to be a Most Manipulated Model? :confused:

For instance, this one:

View attachment 587020

is made up from three original Alice images, the upper body from here

View attachment 587021

Head and shapely posterior from here

View attachment 587063

legs and feet from here

View attachment 587064

But I can say, with absolute sincerity rather than piety, that

View attachment 587065

my sins were covered by the Cross! :cool::D
More complex work, as I usual doing. I admire it.

Alice was a learning process for me, and now I review the images, I fear some of them are pretty hopeless.

In fact the whole thing was hopeless, the story was poorly told, I was in to much of a hurry.

If anyone thinks I've been a bit quiet over the last little while, correct. Alice deserves so much better.

So this is Alice Barabbas version 2. The plot is essentially the same, but with a bit more filling, some of the better images from the original will be here, but also quite a few new ones. I don't intend to keep you waiting very long, most of the work is now done.

Here goes...

“Give my love to your parents, and I do hope you find your dear mother in better health when you get home.”

AG001.jpg

“Thank you ma’am.” Alice counted herself lucky to have an employer as considerate as Ruth. Ruth was the wife of a wealthy merchant, and Alice came in daily to help her with chores, mainly because Ruth’s joints were all painful and inflamed, but also because she knew that Ruth enjoyed her company. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Take care, Alice!”

AG002.jpg

Alice began the walk home. It was more difficult than usual, Jerusalem was crowded for the Passover feast, and the Romans had brought in extra troops to keep order. She was carrying a basket of fruit and vegetables which she’d bought earlier with her meagre wages. She hugged it to herself – it could easily get stolen in this crowd.

She realised that people were trying to get close to one of those itinerant preachers that tended to appear at this time of year from the countryside. This one was supposed to be able to heal people. She wondered if he could help her mother.

Alice dismissed the thought. She would never get near him, and she couldn’t afford him anyway. Nobody could help her mother. Her father Joseph Barabbas had spent the last of his savings on doctors, and now he was destitute and Elizabeth his wife was no better.

Nobody could heal the pain in Alice’s heart either. It had been at Passover three years ago that Nathan, the man she loved and had expected to marry, had got mixed up in some trouble and had died in agony on a Roman cross on the hill of Golgotha, just outside the city. Alice had stayed with him, sitting beneath his cross all day and all night and most of the next day until he had surrendered to the nails. From that day to this she had never gone near Golgotha. Too many terrible memories.

AG003.jpg

Eventually she fought her way to the house which she still shared with her parents, and probably always would now. Although she was only 23, most women were married well before they were twenty. Alice’s hope for marriage had died with Nathan on Golgotha.

“Mum! Dad! It’s me! I got some nice vegetables and fruit!”

AG004.jpg

“Shh!” said Joseph Barabbas, “You’re mother’s sleeping!”

He ushered her into the back yard, then her father embraced her. “Oh, Alice, you’re a good girl. If it wasn’t for you, we’d starve. I daren’t leave her!”

“How is she?”

“Sleeping now, but she’s had a better day. We were laughing earlier.”

“Laughing? What about?”

“That Jesus of Nazareth. He only went and kicked over all the merchant’s tables outside the temple! Filthy money grabbers, robbing innocent folk of their money so they can present offerings!”

AG005.jpg

Alice turned away. “But, Dad! That’s where Ruth’s husband works! That’s what pays my wages!”

“Oh.” The smile disappeared from Joseph’s face. “I hadn’t thought of that!”

Alice began to prepare her vegetables. ‘Bloody do-gooders,’ she thought. ‘Why don’t they stay in the countryside and leave us alone?’

She put some water into a cooking pot and took it back and set it over the fire to heat up, taking the opportunity to kiss her sleeping mother as she did so. She returned to the yard where she sat peeling and slicing the vegetables.

AG006.jpg

She smelt him before she saw him. .

“DA….” She tried to alert her father, but a filthy paw was clasped over her mouth. He grinned at her, revealing a set of rotten teeth. Alice stared in shock.

AG007.jpg

“You be nice to me, and everything will be OK. Try anything, and I’ll break your neck and then have you!”

He pushed her up against a wall and began pawing at her clothes. She was almost surprised when he began to gurgle, and blood started running from his mouth. Was that really her knife, buried deep into his chest? Was it her hand, covered in a stranger’s blood?

AG008.jpg

“ALICE!” Her father’s anguished cry.

“Septimus?” A stranger’s voice. “Where’s this pretty Jewish bitch you were telling us about? Septimus? SEPTIMUS?”

Septimus, if that was his name, collapsed to the ground, clearly dead. In disbelief, Alice gazed at the body, then at her shocked father, then at the two equally shocked Roman soldiers who had just arrived. Finally, she looked at her bloody hand.

AG009.jpg

Joseph recovered first. “It was me. I killed him!”

“What’s your name?” One of the soldiers was a centurion, and took command of the situation.

“Joseph, sir. Joseph Barabbas.”

“What’s her name?”

“Alice…she’s my daughter. Please! My wife is sick… he tried to attack Alice – you have to understand!”

“I understand all right. Your daughter has killed a Roman soldier. You’re coming with us, Alice! With a bit of luck I’ll get to crucify you myself!”

Alice heard the word ‘crucify’, and panicked. She grabbed the knife, hoping to use it on herself. But they were too quick for her. The centurion grabbed her wrist and the knife clattered to the ground.

“Look! She’s trying to kill us, too! Murdering bitch!”

“I wasn’t, I was trying to kill myself! Let me kill myself! Please! Have mercy! I cannot be crucified! My Nathan was crucified! It was horrible! Please! No!”

“It was self defence! He tried to attack her! You must see that!” Joseph was pleading.

“You can explain all that to the Governor. But I’ll warn you now, he’s in a foul mood – he hates Passover!”

Strong hands gripped her arms. A vision of Nathan, writhing and screaming on his cross, filled her mind. This could not be happening to her!

Joseph followed them, still pleading, as the soldiers dragged the screaming Alice off into the crowded street.

AG010.jpg

Last edited:
Alice was a learning process for me, and now I review the images, I fear some of them are pretty hopeless.

In fact the whole thing was hopeless, the story was poorly told, I was in to much of a hurry.

If anyone thinks I've been a bit quiet over the last little while, correct. Alice deserves so much better.

So this is Alice Barabbas version 2. The plot is essentially the same, but with a bit more filling, some of the better images from the original will be here, but also quite a few new ones. I don't intend to keep you waiting very long, most of the work is now done.

Here goes...
Tree wakes up again... :cool:

View attachment 618799

“Thank you ma’am.” Alice counted herself lucky to have an employer as considerate as Ruth. Ruth was the wife of a wealthy merchant, and Alice came in daily to help her with chores, mainly because Ruth’s joints were all painful and inflamed, but also because she knew that Ruth enjoyed her company. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Take care, Alice!”

View attachment 618800

Alice began the walk home. It was more difficult than usual, Jerusalem was crowded for the Passover feast, and the Romans had brought in extra troops to keep order. She was carrying a basket of fruit and vegetables which she’d bought earlier with her meagre wages. She hugged it to herself – it could easily get stolen in this crowd.

She realised that people were trying to get close to one of those itinerant preachers that tended to appear at this time of year from the countryside. This one was supposed to be able to heal people. She wondered if he could help her mother.

Alice dismissed the thought. She would never get near him, and she couldn’t afford him anyway. Nobody could help her mother. Her father Joseph Barabbas had spent the last of his savings on doctors, and now he was destitute and Elizabeth his wife was no better.

Nobody could heal the pain in Alice’s heart either. It had been at Passover three years ago that Nathan, the man she loved and had expected to marry, had got mixed up in some trouble and had died in agony on a Roman cross on the hill of Golgotha, just outside the city. Alice had stayed with him, sitting beneath his cross all day and all night and most of the next day until he had surrendered to the nails. From that day to this she had never gone near Golgotha. Too many terrible memories.

View attachment 618801

Eventually she fought her way to the house which she still shared with her parents, and probably always would now. Although she was only 23, most women were married well before they were twenty. Alice’s hope for marriage had died with Nathan on Golgotha.

“Mum! Dad! It’s me! I got some nice vegetables and fruit!”

View attachment 618802

“Shh!” said Joseph Barabbas, “You’re mother’s sleeping!”

He ushered her into the back yard, then her father embraced her. “Oh, Alice, you’re a good girl. If it wasn’t for you, we’d starve. I daren’t leave her!”

“How is she?”

“Sleeping now, but she’s had a better day. We were laughing earlier.”

“Laughing? What about?”

“That Jesus of Nazareth. He only went and kicked over all the merchant’s tables outside the temple! Filthy money grabbers, robbing innocent folk of their money so they can present offerings!”

View attachment 618803

Alice turned away. “But, Dad! That’s where Ruth’s husband works! That’s what pays my wages!”

“Oh.” The smile disappeared from Joseph’s face. “I hadn’t thought of that!”

Alice began to prepare her vegetables. ‘Bloody do-gooders,’ she thought. ‘Why don’t they stay in the countryside and leave us alone?’

She put some water into a cooking pot and took it back and set it over the fire to heat up, taking the opportunity to kiss her sleeping mother as she did so. She returned to the yard where she sat peeling and slicing the vegetables.

View attachment 618804

She smelt him before she saw him. .

“DA….” She tried to alert her father, but a filthy paw was clasped over her mouth. He grinned at her, revealing a set of rotten teeth. Alice stared in shock.

View attachment 618805

“You be nice to me, and everything will be OK. Try anything, and I’ll break your neck and then have you!”

He pushed her up against a wall and began pawing at her clothes. She was almost surprised when he began to gurgle, and blood started running from his mouth. Was that really her knife, buried deep into his chest? Was it her hand, covered in a stranger’s blood?

View attachment 618806

“ALICE!” Her father’s anguished cry.

“Septimus?” A stranger’s voice. “Where’s this pretty Jewish bitch you were telling us about? Septimus? SEPTIMUS?”

Septimus, if that was his name, collapsed to the ground, clearly dead. In disbelief, Alice gazed at the body, then at her shocked father, then at the two equally shocked Roman soldiers who had just arrived. Finally, she looked at her bloody hand.

View attachment 618807

Joseph recovered first. “It was me. I killed him!”

“What’s your name?” One of the soldiers was a centurion, and took command of the situation.

“Joseph, sir. Joseph Barabbas.”

“What’s her name?”

“Alice…she’s my daughter. Please! My wife is sick… he tried to attack Alice – you have to understand!”

“I understand all right. Your daughter has killed a Roman soldier. You’re coming with us, Alice! With a bit of luck I’ll get to crucify you myself!”

Alice heard the word ‘crucify’, and panicked. She pulled the knife out of the body, hoping to use it on herself. But they were too quick for her. The centurion grabbed her wrist and the knife clattered to the ground.

“Look! She’s trying to kill us, too! Murdering bitch!”

“I wasn’t, I was trying to kill myself! Let me kill myself! Please! Have mercy! I cannot be crucified! My Nathan was crucified! It was horrible! Please! No!”

“It was self defence! He tried to attack her! You must see that!” Joseph was pleading.

“You can explain all that to the Governor. But I’ll warn you now, he’s in a foul mood – he hates Passover!”

Strong hands gripped her arms. A vision of Nathan, writhing and screaming on his cross, filled her mind. This could not be happening to her!

Joseph followed them, still pleading, as the soldiers dragged the screaming Alice off into the crowded street.

View attachment 618808
This is horrible!!! DirecTV does not carry this!!!!

Back
Top Bottom