Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
I could be really cruel! I would make sure that my victim is well rested, treated and fed before being fixed to the cross. That way, they would last longer!
i have an other refinement : before crucifixion, around 1h00 maxi, the slave must drink 1,5L water. In order to make her pee once on the Cross.
Because, to pee, muscles must be relaxed and therefore it will be an increased tension on the legs and arms due to gravity.
Moreover, the slave must be hairy because pee will not go straight but will follow pubic hair between legs and as urine is slightly acid it will add skin discomfort to the slave...

i have an other refinement : before crucifixion, around 1h00 maxi, the slave must drink 1,5L water. In order to make her pee once on the Cross.
Because, to pee, muscles must be relaxed and therefore it will be an increased tension on the legs and arms due to gravity.
Moreover, the slave must be hairy because pee will not go straight but will follow pubic hair between legs and as urine is slightly acid it will add skin discomfort to the slave...
Very good!

Happy Birthday, Alice

13 May 2020 - 32 years old today
Alice Kiss at Diva Rock 2.jpg
On 21 May 2007, Alice posed for a number of photo sessions on the Crimean coast near Simeiz. The massive, triangular promontory of Diva Rock is visible in the pictures from the series entitled, 'Sea Breeze', and it appears in the background of this year's birthday tribute. As this is the western side of the rock, it allows us to identify the location of the photo session precisely - among the boulders at the base of Swan Wing Rock, below Mount Koshka.

Diva Rock and Simeiz Google Earth.jpg

The following three pictures show the boulders below Swan Wing Rock (named for its shape) and the view looking east from the boulders towards Diva Rock.

Low Tide 45249723.jpgSea Breeze 26455389.jpg1c66fad051643723ab9eb7f6b2e116a0.jpg

A week after her nineteenth birthday, Alice was posing for Valery Anzilov in the Crimea. Sunday 20 May 2007 had seen the completion of the first sessions on Ay Petri, resulting in some attractive series for publication by Femjoy. At 8.00 am the following morning, Alice and Valery began shooting the four coastal sessions which would appear with the titles, 'Droplets on my Skin', 'Element', 'Low Tide' and 'Sea Breeze'. The 'Cliff Hanger' video was filmed at the same time. I have previously noted that the video is credited as the work of Valery Anzilov and Peter Astenov. However, as commenters on thenude.eu forum had observed in September 2014, 'Our dear Valery seems to be publishing under the new alias 'Peter Astenov'', in fact both names refer to the same person.

I have a less complete picture of Anzilov's camera data for the coastal series than for the preceding Ay Petri sessions. Valery started taking pictures at 08.11 am and inside twenty minutes he had obtained sufficient images for 'Droplets on my Skin'. This was the first of the coastal series to be released by Femjoy, one month later on 22 June 2007. 'Element' and 'Sea Breeze' were also published later in 2007.

The 'Low Tide' photo shoot seems to have been completed between 9.30 - 10.30 am, and I think it is reasonable to assume that the other coastal sessions took place on the same day, in the same location. 'Low Tide' and 'Cliff Hanger' were published the following year, together with a further Anzilov series from the Crimea, entitled 'Survivor'. This final inland session might have taken place three days after the coastal series, but so far I have very little information about it.

This year's birthday tribute is a manipulation which combines parts of different photos from three of the coastal sessions. The composite background was produced by copying and pasting the geological features to conceal the original figure pose from 'Sea Breeze'. Alice's body was taken from the 'Element' series, and the face was inserted using a portrait from 'Droplets on my Skin'.

SB 59bd0b9e410de 50pc.jpg

Dromsk 111396_026 psdet1.jpgElement 59cf5a6d2a473 psdet1.jpgAlice Kiss at Diva Rock 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful manip tribute to a beautiful and inspiring woman (who probably doesn't know exactly how much she has inspired many of us). One can only imagine that, whatever she's up to these days, it may involve less nude modelling and considerably less being crucified in the forest. Anyway, a very happy birthday to her. :)

Mount Koshka, or 'Cat Mountain', dominates the coastline near Simeiz. It is so named because it resembles the shape of a cat, crouching and about to pounce towards the sea. Between the cat's head and the sea rises the mass of Swan Wing Rock or Swan's Rock, also named because of its shape. Beyond the boulders at the foot of Swan's Rock, we can see Diva Rock in the distance.

Low Tide catmountain.jpg

These distinctive geological features allow us to identify the locations of a number of Valery Anzilov's photo shoots for Femjoy. Anzilov returned to Swan's Rock with another of his popular models, Olivia (aka Olya C) and in the series, 'Finally Holidays' (published on 28 June 2008) we can see again the familiar form of Diva Rock.

Olivia Finally Holidays 011.jpg

It is even possible to identify individual rocks which Anzilov has used as backgrounds for his models. Sometimes the camera angle and viewpoint are so constant that we can almost map the geological features with precision. Anzilov photographed Alice and Cierra on separate occasions, but in exactly the same location.

Alice-Cierra-dromsk-anzilov-fj-cf 1.jpgAlice-Cierra-dromsk-anzilov-fj-cf 2.jpg

The following pictures provide some further samples from Alice's coastal sessions. Anyone searching for the original publications should note that Alice is always presented by Femjoy in the name, 'Ondine'. ;)

dromsk 3-samples-ps1.jpgdromsk 3-samples-ps2.jpgsea breeze 3-samples-ps1.jpgsea breeze 3-samples-ps2.jpgelement 3-samples-ps1.jpg

Element 59cf5ae631d6b-det1.jpg

A beautiful manip tribute to a beautiful and inspiring woman (who probably doesn't know exactly how much she has inspired many of us). One can only imagine that, whatever she's up to these days, it may involve less nude modelling and considerably less being crucified in the forest. Anyway, a very happy birthday to her. :)
Indeed, all the best to her where ever she is!

Happy Birthday, Alice

ddx1a8e-75b5facd-57c4-429d-8484-757b413ae8e6.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Alice-Kiss-at-Diva-Rock-2-841547534 )​

On 21 May 2007, Alice posed for a number of photo sessions on the Crimean coast near Simeiz. The massive, triangular promontory of Diva Rock is visible in the pictures from the series entitled, 'Sea Breeze', and it appears in the background of this year's birthday tribute. As this is the western side of the rock, it allows us to identify the location of the photo session precisely - among the boulders at the base of Swan Wing Rock, below Mount Koshka.

The following three pictures show the boulders below Swan Wing Rock (named for its shape) and the view looking east from the boulders towards Diva Rock.

A week after her nineteenth birthday, Alice was posing for Valery Anzilov in the Crimea. Sunday 20 May 2007 had seen the completion of the first sessions on Ay Petri, resulting in some attractive series for publication by Femjoy. At 8.00 am the following morning, Alice and Valery began shooting the four coastal sessions which would appear with the titles, 'Droplets on my Skin', 'Element', 'Low Tide' and 'Sea Breeze'. The 'Cliff Hanger' video was filmed at the same time. I have previously noted that the video is credited as the work of Valery Anzilov and Peter Astenov. However, as commenters on thenude.eu forum had observed in September 2014, 'Our dear Valery seems to be publishing under the new alias 'Peter Astenov'', in fact both names refer to the same person.

I have a less complete picture of Anzilov's camera data for the coastal series than for the preceding Ay Petri sessions. Valery started taking pictures at 08.11 am and inside twenty minutes he had obtained sufficient images for 'Droplets on my Skin'. This was the first of the coastal series to be released by Femjoy, one month later on 22 June 2007. 'Element' and 'Sea Breeze' were also published later in 2007.

The 'Low Tide' photo shoot seems to have been completed between 9.30 - 10.30 am, and I think it is reasonable to assume that the other coastal sessions took place on the same day, in the same location. 'Low Tide' and 'Cliff Hanger' were published the following year, together with a further Anzilov series from the Crimea, entitled 'Survivor'. This final inland session might have taken place three days after the coastal series, but so far I have very little information about it.

This year's birthday tribute is a manipulation which combines parts of different photos from three of the coastal sessions. The composite background was produced by copying and pasting the geological features to conceal the original figure pose from 'Sea Breeze'. Alice's body was taken from the 'Element' series, and the face was inserted using a portrait from 'Droplets on my Skin'.

Well, Happy Birthday Alice! :)

And once again, Bob has done you proud, with the sheer precision of his work. Amazing!

One can only imagine that, whatever she's up to these days, it may involve less nude modelling and considerably less being crucified in the forest. Anyway, a very happy birthday to her. :)

Yes, I've wondered about that. How she spends her time these days:

Alice-doing-household-chores.jpg

Perhaps she's pining for her cross? :rolleyes:

I hadn't encountered the gorgeous girl before joining CF last year but her pictures, not to mention @bobinder 's expert info, have proved a real inspiration.
She isn't the most beautiful model out there but is is the most engaging and fascinating I have ever seen! Always a pleasure.
Well, Happy Birthday Alice! :)
And once again, Bob has done you proud, with the sheer precision of his work. Amazing!
Yes, I've wondered about that. How she spends her time these days:
Alice-doing-household-chores.jpg
Perhaps she's pining for her cross? :rolleyes:
I'm still chuckling over this one, Wragg, but it really is a lovely image, and a fine addition to the number of images of her in contemporary dress.
One thing you can always say for Alice - she never fails to inspire the photo manip artists among us!

Some more of Alice in her 'Element' - and many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on this year's birthday postings! :)

Element 59cf5a59503a0.jpgElement 59cf5a5bc82f9.jpgElement 59cf5a41d39f8.jpgElement 59cf5a80455c3.jpg

I'm still chuckling over this one, Wragg, but it really is a lovely image, and a fine addition to the number of images of her in contemporary dress.
One thing you can always say for Alice - she never fails to inspire the photo manip artists among us!

Some more of Alice in her 'Element' - and many thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on this year's birthday postings! :)

I've just checked my 'Alice Pictures' folder and I hadn't seen those final four!

Happy Birthday, Alice

ddx1a8e-75b5facd-57c4-429d-8484-757b413ae8e6.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/bobnearled/art/Alice-Kiss-at-Diva-Rock-2-841547534 )​

Bob your vast knowledge of this little goddess' history is breathtaking. I would imagine Alice has no idea she has such a dedicated fan. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALICE and many thanks for sharing her feminine charms with the lot of us. :very_hot:

My old friend Shiva doesn't post here often, though I know he drops by regularly. I happened to find this new manip of his on Deviantart and it is an absolute cracker. Simple concept, beautiful result. For us the interesting thing is his use of Alice. Most manip artists look for suitable raw material, girls in the right pose, or various components to be joined together, added to a cross and voila you have a crux picture. In this case Shiva has taken a girl who is already on a cross, removed the cross and created a damned fine whipping scene. My mind is spinning.

flogging_of_a_goddess_by_mahashiva001_ddug0ll.jpg

Last edited:
My old friend Shiva doesn't post here often, though I know he drops by regularly. I happened to find this new manip of his on Deviantart and it is an absolute cracker. Simple concept, beautiful result. For us the interesting thing is his use of Alice. Most manip artists look for suitable raw material, girls in the right pose, or various components to be joined together, added to a cross and voila you have a crux picture. In this case Shiva has taken a girl who is already on a cross, removed the cross and created a damned fine whipping scene. My mind is spinning.

View attachment 860759
This is indeed superb! The agonised expression on Alice's face, those authentic welts that mark her breasts and criss-cross her nipple. Stunning work.

flogging_of_a_goddess_by_mahashiva001_ddug0ll.jpg
More Mahashiva Manipulations

Thanks for presenting Shiva's latest Alice manip, Phlebas. As you have observed, removing the model from the cross is generally considered the antithesis of crux art, but Alice provides endless variety as a figure source for photo manipulation. Shiva achieved a similar effect with 'Alice in Rome', in which the patibulum is cropped out of the composition and the focus is on her flagellation, although the tree trunk from the 'Crux Forest' has been preserved -

mahashiva001 alice in rome DA200pc.jpg

I believe this was Shiva's first presentation of Alice in widescreen aspect, which acknowledges the use of a movie screen shot for the background. Some of his later Alice manips also employ the widescreen format and movie backgrounds, including 'Stalag 57' -

MahaShiva stalag_57_by_mahashiva001_dd642hw.jpg

'Stalag 57' marks Alice's eighth appearance in a MahaShiva manipulation - published a year ago on 4 May 2019 on DeviantArt and previously reviewed in this thread. Alice appears with Makar models Akrobatka and Erica, plus Arkady's Raimonda. Since then, Shiva has added 68 new pictures to his gallery, throughout which Alice remains the only Makar model to make an appearance in his work over the last year. In fact she appeared in three more of his pictures, in rapid succession between 22 March - 9 April 2020. She has now been featured in a total of eleven Mahashiva manipulations. The three new ones are 'Cultural Clash', 'Cultural Clash (Part II)' and most recently, 'Flogging of a Goddess', as noted by Phlebas. Here they are, preceded by the Makar source -

Crux Forest final suspension Alice psdet200pc1.jpgmahashiva001 cultural_clash_by_mahashiva001_ddszm98-fullview.jpg

mahashiva001 cultural_clash__part_ii__by_mahashiva001_ddtgny1.jpgmahashiva001 flogging_of_a_goddess_by_mahashiva001_140pc.jpg

Both of the 'Cultural Clash' pictures employ the same Makar source from the 'Crux Forest' session. Shiva has sized the widescreen version to fit the standard monitor screen precisely, using the same aspect ratio which I habitually employ for my own Alice manipulations, so I'll take that as a compliment :D

'Cultural Clash' preserves Makar's cross and ropes, and Shiva's caption details the events leading to Alice's crucifixion on this occasion -
'Everybody was in agreement that Alice's ambitious plan to open and operate 15-20 YWCA locations with attached women's resource centers in Pakistan was doomed to failure and an invitation to disaster; the only difference in opinion was on how soon: some said within days, while others only gave her hours. About forty minutes after Alice opened the first location in Karachi, the world got its answer on live television.'

Makar's cross provides a recognisable 'Cruxdreams' trademark, extending the full width at the top of the picture, and effectively bisecting the progressively de-focused background image. The crowds have turned out in their thousands to witness this remarkable scene - presumably they are all around her, several hundred also benefiting from the front view we see here.

This is certainly one of Alice's most intense poses, in which she is supporting almost the whole of her (admittedly light) 112 lb body weight by her arms. The resulting tension through the shoulders and rib cage is most expressive, making a dramatic contrast with the relative comfort of the spectators.

This is the first time I have seen this Makar pose used in a manipulation, and I suspect that Shiva has introduced the largest ever audience to witness her ordeal. The effect of the heavily populated background transforms the original secluded woodland image into a rather spectacular composition.

Shiva's response to my observations explains his choice of Alice as the figure source -
'Among all of Alice's crux poses with Makar, this is one of my favorites. Alice's calm and dignified resignation to her agony gives this shot a strong sense of a classic martyrdom scene, which I find very, very appealing. This is also a relatively easy image to cut out for manipulation purposes, too. Once that's done, numerous ordinary photos would instantly become suitable backdrops for Alice.' :)

And in a further response to Phlebas' compliments, he added, 'Alice is indeed a one-of-a-kind talent and an irreplaceable personality in the history of modern Crux art!'

For 'Cultural Clash (Part II)' Shiva demonstrated his proposal regarding alternative backgrounds, exchanging the predominantly male crowd for a female audience and explaining, 'In the depths of her ordeal on the cross, Alice took much comfort in the fact that the local women who came to witness her fate showed much more sympathy for her than did the men.'

By cropping out the patibulum, Shiva brings Alice into a close-up engagement with the viewer. The similarity with the composition and title of the previous picture ensures that we recognise the continuation of the crux theme.

The close-up device is perpetuated in 'Flogging of a Goddess', which not only has the patibulum cropped out, but also has the stipes removed from the source image. Whilst the title hints at the crux origins which would otherwise be reflected by the concept of 'Passion of a Goddess' and Ramon Martinez' familiar subjects, the removal of the crux details and the addition of a new background, reinforce the whipping theme of the title.

mahashiva001 source GoT - Makar-cf.jpgmahashiva001 source GoT - Nymeria Sand-cf.jpg

Shiva explains that he was inspired by the work of Kamerijk, whose manipulations have recently been illustrating subjects from Greek mythology -
'Alice, or Aliki (Αλίκη), the Goddess of Pain, Anguish and the Condemned, has set off Zeus' wrath again. For punishment, the king of the gods sent her to be flogged in the streets of Sparta--and by a mortal, to add insult to injury.'

The background is a ready made scene from 'Game of Thrones', in which the character of Nymeria Sand, played by Jessica Henwick, wears a tooled, leather bodice and wields a thoroughly vicious looking whip. The effects of this heavy weapon are amply demonstrated by the appropriate welts which Shiva has skillfully applied to Alice's right breast. Her head is thrown back, away from the direction of the last whiplash.

Shiva explained that the picture's focus on Nymeria, rather than Alice, is due simply to the respective high and low resolution of the available components. Meanwhile, the ambient lighting and subtle use of scale and depth of field ensure that all of the elements blend together convincingly, and the dramatic composition conveys a sense of dynamic energy.
And as Phlebas has already noted, we are presented with 'a damned fine whipping scene.' :D

Last edited:
More Mahashiva Manipulations

Thanks for presenting Shiva's latest Alice manip, Phlebas. As you have observed, removing the model from the cross is generally considered the antithesis of crux art, but Alice provides endless variety as a figure source for photo manipulation. Shiva achieved a similar effect with 'Alice in Rome', in which the patibulum is cropped out of the composition and the focus is on her flagellation, although the tree trunk from the 'Crux Forest' has been preserved -

I believe this was Shiva's first presentation of Alice in widescreen aspect, which acknowledges the use of a movie screen shot for the background. Some of his later Alice manips also employ the widescreen format and movie backgrounds, including 'Stalag 57' -

'Stalag 57' marks Alice's eighth appearance in a MahaShiva manipulation - published a year ago on 4 May 2019 on DeviantArt and previously reviewed in this thread. Alice appears with Makar models Akrobatka and Erica, plus Arkady's Raimonda. Since then, Shiva has added 68 new pictures to his gallery, throughout which Alice remains the only Makar model to make an appearance in his work over the last year. In fact she appeared in three more of his pictures, in rapid succession between 22 March - 9 April 2020. She has now been featured in a total of eleven Mahashiva manipulations. The three new ones are 'Cultural Clash', 'Cultural Clash (Part II)' and most recently, 'Flogging of a Goddess', as noted by Phlebas. Here they are, preceded by the Makar source -

Both of the 'Cultural Clash' pictures employ the same Makar source from the 'Crux Forest' session. Shiva has sized the widescreen version to fit the standard monitor screen precisely, using the same aspect ratio which I habitually employ for my own Alice manipulations, so I'll take that as a compliment :D

'Cultural Clash' preserves Makar's cross and ropes, and Shiva's caption details the events leading to Alice's crucifixion on this occasion -
'Everybody was in agreement that Alice's ambitious plan to open and operate 15-20 YWCA locations with attached women's resource centers in Pakistan was doomed to failure and an invitation to disaster; the only difference in opinion was on how soon: some said within days, while others only gave her hours. About forty minutes after Alice opened the first location in Karachi, the world got its answer on live television.'

Makar's cross provides a recognisable 'Cruxdreams' trademark, extending the full width at the top of the picture, and effectively bisecting the progressively de-focused background image. The crowds have turned out in their thousands to witness this remarkable scene - presumably they are all around her, several hundred also benefiting from the front view we see here.

This is certainly one of Alice's most intense poses, in which she is supporting almost the whole of her (admittedly light) 112 lb body weight by her arms. The resulting tension through the shoulders and rib cage is most expressive, making a dramatic contrast with the relative comfort of the spectators.

This is the first time I have seen this Makar pose used in a manipulation, and I suspect that Shiva has introduced the largest ever audience to witness her ordeal. The effect of the heavily populated background transforms the original secluded woodland image into a rather spectacular composition.

Shiva's response to my observations explains his choice of Alice as the figure source -
'Among all of Alice's crux poses with Makar, this is one of my favorites. Alice's calm and dignified resignation to her agony gives this shot a strong sense of a classic martyrdom scene, which I find very, very appealing. This is also a relatively easy image to cut out for manipulation purposes, too. Once that's done, numerous ordinary photos would instantly become suitable backdrops for Alice.' :)

And in a further response to Phlebas' compliments, he added, 'Alice is indeed a one-of-a-kind talent and an irreplaceable personality in the history of modern Crux art!'

For 'Cultural Clash (Part II)' Shiva demonstrated his proposal regarding alternative backgrounds, exchanging the predominantly male crowd for a female audience and explaining, 'In the depths of her ordeal on the cross, Alice took much comfort in the fact that the local women who came to witness her fate showed much more sympathy for her than did the men.'

By cropping out the patibulum, Shiva brings Alice into a close-up engagement with the viewer. The similarity with the composition and title of the previous picture ensures that we recognise the continuation of the crux theme.

The close-up device is perpetuated in 'Flogging of a Goddess', which not only has the patibulum cropped out, but also has the stipes removed from the source image. Whilst the title hints at the crux origins which would otherwise be reflected by the concept of 'Passion of a Goddess' and Ramon Martinez' familiar subjects, the removal of the crux details and the addition of a new background, reinforce the whipping theme of the title.

Shiva explains that he was inspired by the work of Kamerijk, whose manipulations have recently been illustrating subjects from Greek mythology -
'Alice, or Aliki (Αλίκη), the Goddess of Pain, Anguish and the Condemned, has set off Zeus' wrath again. For punishment, the king of the gods sent her to be flogged in the streets of Sparta--and by a mortal, to add insult to injury.'

The background is a ready made scene from 'Game of Thrones', in which the character of Nymeria Sand, played by Jessica Henwick, wears a tooled, leather bodice and wields a thoroughly vicious looking whip. The effects of this heavy weapon are amply demonstrated by the appropriate welts which Shiva has skillfully applied to Alice's right breast. Her head is thrown back, away from the direction of the last whiplash.

Shiva explained that the picture's focus on Nymeria, rather than Alice, is due simply to the respective high and low resolution of the available components. Meanwhile, the ambient lighting and subtle use of scale and depth of field ensure that all of the elements blend together convincingly, and the dramatic composition conveys a sense of dynamic energy.
And as Phlebas has already noted, we are presented with 'a damned fine whipping scene.' :D
Alice is stunning whether on the Cross or at the whipping post ... thanks for sharing ...

'St. Eulalia of Merida'

ddzbw95-da4d23b3-afb1-484f-ae98-b36faa123d5d.jpg

(Image hosted on DeviantArt - https://www.deviantart.com/mahashiva001/art/St-Eulalia-of-Merida-845401865 )​

A new Alice picture from an established Alice manip artist is always an exciting affair, especially when the subject is a high quality crux manipulation! Published on DeviantArt earlier today, Mahashiva's 'St. Eulalia of Merida' perpetuates the tradition in which the character of Eulalia is portrayed by Alice. And so, this popular Cruxdreams star continues to aspire to the title of the 'Most Manipulated Makar Model' - certainly in Shiva's gallery, where other Cruxdreams girls make only rare appearances.

This time, it is the historical virgin martyr, Eulalia of Merida, who is being portrayed, in the dramatic, final moments of her short life. The saint is, of course, closely associated with the identity of our own Eulalia, who uses the 'Merida' suffix in her name on DeviantArt. Indeed, she has already provided the historical background to the picture in her complimentary notes to Shiva -

'She was a spunky youngster whose parents sent her off to a safe house in the mountains when the persecution of Christians ordered by Diocletian was starting, but she wasn't going to miss out on martyrdom - she clambered out of the house by night and made her way down to the city where she confronted the magistrate, haranguing him on his sinfulness. The poor magistrate tried to reason with her, but she only spat at him, so he had her whipped, she thanked him for 'writing the praises of God in purple on my parchment' (purple prose was of course reserved for sycophantic addresses to the Emperor); next she was stretched on the 'little horse', a kind of rack, and torn with hooks - she thanked them for 'carving the sign of the cross on my breasts'; then she was tied between two pillars with burning braziers on either side of her to roast her, she shook her long hair so it caught fire, so they threw her naked body out on the cold stone paving of the Forum (it was December), a shower of snow blew down from the mountains and hid her nakedness, her soul flew away as a white dove.'

Alice's twelfth appearance in Mahashiva's gallery is, in some respects, a development of his preceding Alice manip, 'Flogging of a Goddess'. That is to say, he has employed the same source image in both pictures. Whilst the flogging picture saw Alice extracted from Makar's cross, the lastest manipulation sees a return to the crucifixion theme for which she is so well known. This is not the tree-derived cross of the Crux Forest however, but an indisputably ancient Roman affair.

Shiva has previously presented Alice in a background from Mel Gibson's 'Passion of the Christ' - a flagellation scene, entitled, 'Alice in Rome'. Borrowing from the movie again, this time Shiva has deleted the figure of Christ complete with the central section. He has then re-joined the right and left halves of the screenshot, inserting the timber stake over the join, to produce a fresh background canvas for his crux scene.

Mahashiva source Passion 68978459_398017844465778_2741007016880242688_o.jpgMahashiva001 st__eulalia_of_merida_by_mahashiva001_ddzbw95.jpg

In the resulting image, we can observe the established Shiva device of employing a full frontal view of Alice with arms fully extended, and the patibulum cropped out of the top of the picture. The application of some convincing blood flows along the forearms, down to the elbows, ensures that we recognise the use of the unseen nails, and the viewer is left in no doubt that this is intended to represent a lethal crucifixion.

The figure is similarly cropped at the knees, and so there are no fixings in evidence at all. For some, this might seem to be a missed opportunity, although I can appreciate how much extra work would be required to show the nails in situ. And in fact, the quality of Alice's acting, and her pose in this source image, are more than sufficient to convey the agony of such a painful method of execution.

The background, containing appropriate military figures, is suitably defocused, to ensure that Alice is literally the centre of attention. The colour tones and saturation are perfectly balanced to make her appear as if she really belongs in this scene. No doubt, Shiva will protest that this is, in fact, a simple manipulation of no more than four or five layers (Alice, her bloodstains, a timber stake and the two sections of background). Additionally, there may be translucent filter layers, which I cannot distinguish. Nevertheless, I think the viewers will agree that the work is well done! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom