Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
Barbria Moria, adultrix

The manipulation samples by Phlebas, which have previously appeared in this thread, employ Makar's 'Crux Forest' sources for experiments with a new identity - i.e. Alice's face is replaced by that of a popular actress, whilst her body continues to provide the desired crucifixion poses -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321489

So, it is entirely appropriate that the latest spectacular crux scene by Phlebas should adopt the same formula (#1.) This panoramic arena scene was published just a few hours ago, to deservedly high acclaim, as an illustration to his story, 'Barbria Moria, adultrix' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/barbria-moria-adultrix.6917/post-394933

The popular actress is, of course, Caprice, in her well-known Cruxforums role of Barbaria. The story sees Barb ('Barbria') reaping the rewards of her infidelities in the public arena, albeit not on the expected charge of adultery - there is a twist in the tale!

The Caprice source is one I recognised instantly, having used it myself for the title of 'Barbarossanova' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/barbarossanova.6616/post-365033

In fact, Phlebas' crux pic presents his second outing for this face, since he used it earlier in his story to illustrate the scene in which the characters of Barbria and Captain Phlebas become intimately acquainted (#2.) The figures here are the source originals but the background has been changed to represent a Roman domestic interior.

Returning to Phlebas' dramatic crux scene, close examination reveals some subtle changes to Alice's body. Caprice has larger breasts, which have been superimposed in an orientation which is conducive to a pose with upraised arms (i.e. the breasts are suitably lifted.) The orientation of Alice's feet has also been changed to fit the upright stipes, the Makar source image being tilted about 10 degrees out of vertical alignment (#3.)

This alteration and the removal of the original ropes has required a fair amount of reworking to Alice's lower legs. Makar's ropes also tend to obscure Alice's hands, and Phlebas has replaced these in order to produce a nailed crucifixion without ropes. Altogether, this represents a lot of work, which effectively disguises Alice's body as that of Caprice/Barbria. (Yes, I know Caprice has pubic hair in #2, but in some photo series she is completely shaven, which makes Alice's smooth mons pubis quite appropriate.)

The Makar source image is understandably a popular one with manipulators. I include a few examples here by Damian (#4), Julie and Melissa (#5), Michele Patri (#6) and Jollyrei (#7.) Whilst these examples occasionally delete the ropes and substitute nails, the figure is consistently identifiable as Alice. I think, therefore, that Phlebas may be congratulated on achieving a first in terms of the extent of his modifications to this pose, to depict a character who is identifiable as somebody other than Alice - very nice work indeed! :D

View attachment 608701View attachment 608702View attachment 608703View attachment 608704View attachment 608705View attachment 608706View attachment 608707

Wow...cool analysis!!!

Wow...cool analysis!!!
Thanks - I didn't get around to discussing the lighting, atmosphere and expression in Phlebas' picture, all of which are present and correct in just about the right proportions. As the base of the cross is off stage below the picture, we can safely assume there is some shady reason for the bright sunlight of the background not falling on Barbria. Her face and breasts are nicely blended into the figure with good colour and contrast adjustments. A further modification is the replacement of Alice's left arm by mirroring her right one.

We can sense the pain in this image, and I think your expression works really well here, Barb. :eek::D

Phlebas-Barbria-Makar-Alice.jpg

Last edited:
Barbria Moria, adultrix

The manipulation samples by Phlebas, which have previously appeared in this thread, employ Makar's 'Crux Forest' sources for experiments with a new identity - i.e. Alice's face is replaced by that of a popular actress, whilst her body continues to provide the desired crucifixion poses -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/alice-kiss-crux-legend.6168/post-321489

So, it is entirely appropriate that the latest spectacular crux scene by Phlebas should adopt the same formula (#1.) This panoramic arena scene was published just a few hours ago, to deservedly high acclaim, as an illustration to his story, 'Barbria Moria, adultrix' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/barbria-moria-adultrix.6917/post-394933

The popular actress is, of course, Caprice, in her well-known Cruxforums role of Barbaria. The story sees Barb ('Barbria') reaping the rewards of her infidelities in the public arena, albeit not on the expected charge of adultery - there is a twist in the tale!

The Caprice source is one I recognised instantly, having used it myself for the title of 'Barbarossanova' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/barbarossanova.6616/post-365033

In fact, Phlebas' crux pic presents his second outing for this face, since he used it earlier in his story to illustrate the scene in which the characters of Barbria and Captain Phlebas become intimately acquainted (#2.) The figures here are the source originals but the background has been changed to represent a Roman domestic interior.

Returning to Phlebas' dramatic crux scene, close examination reveals some subtle changes to Alice's body. Caprice has larger breasts, which have been superimposed in an orientation which is conducive to a pose with upraised arms (i.e. the breasts are suitably lifted.) The orientation of Alice's feet has also been changed to fit the upright stipes, the Makar source image being tilted about 10 degrees out of vertical alignment (#3.)

This alteration and the removal of the original ropes has required a fair amount of reworking to Alice's lower legs. Makar's ropes also tend to obscure Alice's hands, and Phlebas has replaced these in order to produce a nailed crucifixion without ropes. Altogether, this represents a lot of work, which effectively disguises Alice's body as that of Caprice/Barbria. (Yes, I know Caprice has pubic hair in #2, but in some photo series she is completely shaven, which makes Alice's smooth mons pubis quite appropriate.)

The Makar source image is understandably a popular one with manipulators. I include a few examples here by Damian (#4), Julie and Melissa (#5), Michele Patri (#6) and Jollyrei (#7.) Whilst these examples occasionally delete the ropes and substitute nails, the figure is consistently identifiable as Alice. I think, therefore, that Phlebas may be congratulated on achieving a first in terms of the extent of his modifications to this pose, to depict a character who is identifiable as somebody other than Alice - very nice work indeed! :D

View attachment 608701View attachment 608702View attachment 608703View attachment 608704View attachment 608705View attachment 608706View attachment 608707

Nice analysis Bob.

I'm glad you spotted the similarity of the face in those first two pics, that was deliberate. I wanted the ecstasy of her passion with Captain Phlebas mirrored in her passion on the cross, underlining the extreme sensation, the mystery of pleasure and pain.
There is one more pic to come which will reference that face once again.

Yes, I'm partial to pubic hair but I left it out this time. I'm glad you liked the pic, I had fun doing it, with the mirrored arm, the new hands, the replaced Caprice breasts etc. There was a version before this one (there are always versions along the way), which I agonised over before arriving at this arrangement.

And yes cutting the picture off before the base was a means of saving myself some trouble :) . I set myself a time to get this series done in. I'm someone who can sit on a manip for years, tweaking it, so I aimed to get the best result I could without going all out for perfection. I think it works pretty well, though I'm always highly conscious of the imperfections!

So, one more pic based on this one posted today,
ph329.jpg
and another tomorrow, I hope you like them too :)

Nice analysis Bob.

I'm glad you spotted the similarity of the face in those first two pics, that was deliberate. I wanted the ecstasy of her passion with Captain Phlebas mirrored in her passion on the cross, underlining the extreme sensation, the mystery of pleasure and pain.
There is one more pic to come which will reference that face once again.

Yes, I'm partial to pubic hair but I left it out this time. I'm glad you liked the pic, I had fun doing it, with the mirrored arm, the new hands, the replaced Caprice breasts etc. There was a version before this one (there are always versions along the way), which I agonised over before arriving at this arrangement.

And yes cutting the picture off before the base was a means of saving myself some trouble :) . I set myself a time to get this series done in. I'm someone who can sit on a manip for years, tweaking it, so I aimed to get the best result I could without going all out for perfection. I think it works pretty well, though I'm always highly conscious of the imperfections!

View attachment 608746
Wonderful:clapping:both are very passionate and expressive manips, bravo Sir:clapping:

I'm someone who can sit on a manip for years, tweaking it, so I aimed to get the best result I could without going all out for perfection. I think it works pretty well, though I'm always highly conscious of the imperfections!
Oh yes, the quest for perfection - I know how that goes! ;)

Thanks for this latest variation - another excellent manip, reflecting the pose in the source image -

Phlebas-Barbria-Makar-Alice-2.jpg

And I am very much looking forward to your next one! :D

Attachments

• 600436F7-131C-4E77-AEAF-958FA2023196.jpeg
    600436F7-131C-4E77-AEAF-958FA2023196.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 4E202A75-391E-49BE-8446-C276AA69F3CC.jpeg
    4E202A75-391E-49BE-8446-C276AA69F3CC.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 150
Here is at last my little demon, with a textured version too.
Thank you very much, Helios. You have created a highly original manipulation and a wonderful fantasy portrait - well done!
I see that not only have you subtly altered Alice's appearance, but also your name (albeit no need for me to re-file my previous 'Heliogabalus' pictures!) ;)

A comparison with the Rylsky original, from 'Domain', reveals how you have developed the 'Femme Fatale' impression of the source image into a rather appealing vampire portrait. The obvious changes are the enlarged eyes which are now red, complementing the tongue and blood smears. The mouth has been opened slightly wider, to reveal the new fangs, and the nose is slightly narrowed to fit comfortably between the larger eyes.

The skin tones have been changed from the golden lighting of the studio portrait to an appropriately pallid complexion, which highlights the reds. The facial shadows are also paler, and the studio set with its glazed hardwood doors has been deleted in favour of a neutral background in dusky greys, with a complementary hint of red. Alice's appearance is ghostly and ethereal, befitting the supernatural theme of this engaging portrait with its direct, confrontational gaze.

'Domain' was Alice's penultimate series for Met Models, with a publication date of 29 March 2009. I wonder if the 'Domain' series title suggested the 'Demon' theme of your picture? Nice work. :)

Helios LIttle demon-Domain.jpg

Thank you very much, Helios. You have created a highly original manipulation and a wonderful fantasy portrait - well done!
I see that not only have you subtly altered Alice's appearance, but also your name (albeit no need for me to re-file my previous 'Heliogabalus' pictures!) ;)

Thank you for your kind words bobinder. Isn't Photoshop wonderfull.
And yes, I found my previous name a little too long. And no, there was no connection between "Domain" and "Demon". Alice is just my litttle demon who sometimes possesses my mind. Lucky me! :)

Last edited:
One more with Alice
A new 'Alice and Koshka' manip from Madi! - This is excellent.

The widescreen aspect suggests a movie, in which the characters arrive at a derelict castle, confronted by a graveyard full of crosses - only to find the spectacle of a triple crucifixion awaiting them!

One of the few manipulations based on Cruxdreams sources in which both starlets from the Crux Forest feature together - Koshka hangs on the left, and Alice on the far right, flanking the third Makar model, Sasha. All three hang on their original crosses, and the figures have been darkened to blend in with the low lighting conditions of this dramatic scene.

I hope there will be an exciting horror story to this one, Madi. :devil: :eek: :devil:
Nice work! :)

I like this very much, marvelously atmospheric and everything hangs together nicely. Like Bob says, it almost demands a story to accompany it!
You know, looking at those outfits, it could almost be a scene from the Barbarossanova universe.
Maybe this is the sister (female) prison to Colditz, and we are seeing the inevitable result of an escape attempt?

I like this very much, marvelously atmospheric and everything hangs together nicely. Like Bob says, it almost demands a story to accompany it!
You know, looking at those outfits, it could almost be a scene from the Barbarossanova universe.
Maybe this is the sister (female) prison to Colditz, and we are seeing the inevitable result of an escape attempt?
Indeed, Phlebas, the location also put me in mind of the popular image of Colditz Castle, and whilst 'Barbarossanova' is presented as a virtual movie, Madi's picture has a closer connection to the big screen.

Madiosi-2018-385-castle crucifixion.jpg

Madi has confirmed that the background is indeed a movie screenshot, from, 'The Nun', which is due to be released on 7 September 2018.
The fifth film in 'The Conjuring' series, this is an American Gothic supernatural horror film, directed by Corin Hardy and filmed in Romania.

According to the synopsis of the plot, 'When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together, they uncover the order's unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of a demonic nun.'

The location featured in the scene adapted by Madi is Corvin Castle (also known as Hunyadi Castle or Hunedoara Castle) in Transylvania, Romania.

Castelul_Corvinilor_-_Hunedoara_(judetul_Hunedoara) 50pc.jpg

Dating from 1458, this Gothic-Renaissance castle is one of the largest castles in Europe, and is now a tourist attraction, owned by the Romanian Ministry of Culture. It was variously constructed during the 14th, 17th and 19th centuries and now contains a fully restored dungeon and torture chamber. Some speculate that Vlad the Impaler was imprisoned here - an experience which supposedly developed the darker side of his character. :devil:

It would appear to be the perfect setting for a horror movie -

Last edited by a moderator:
Phlebas has published the finale to his story, 'Barbria Moria, Adultrix' -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/barbria-moria-adultrix.6917/

And the e-book is available for downloading from the forum library -
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/barbria-moria-adultrix-by-phlebas.644/

The e-book cover employs the penultimate image of Barb from the story, featuring Phlebas' clever adaptation of Alice's body to represent the heroine, Barbria -

Phlebas cover Barbria Moria - Adultrix - Phlebas.jpg

The final three arena images from the story form a sequence, showing Barbria giving up the ghost, the last picture neatly combining the portraits from the preceding two -

Phlebas Barbria Moria ph327.jpgPhlebas ph329.jpgPhlebas-Barbria-Moria ph329a.jpg

Good quality manips are frequently modified by other artists, and even before the conclusion of the story thread, Phlebas' arena scene had inspired such a re-manipulation. Messa's version depicts the ongoing action of the gladiatorial combats referred to in the story. Her self-portrait is applied in characteristic style to illustrate the victory of 'Messaline Warrior' over her unfortunate opponent, whilst Barb expires in the foreground -

Phlebas mod by Messa ph329.jpg

Phlebas' Barbria Moria sequence is the most recent example of Alice's body being used to represent a different individual. As noted in previous posts, both Phlebas and I have done this before, using Makar's 'Crux Forest' images. I recently discovered some old pictures by St-Pierre, who created a series of manipulations about ten years ago, in which the identities of various crux stars were changed by replacing the heads.

Alice's body is recognisable in three of St-Pierre's creations, albeit the new identity in the first two shown here is, coincidentally also named, 'Alice'. The Makar source image has been compressed vertically to create a slightly more substantial physique in the two new 'Alice' manips. The first one is a relatively straightforward head swap, since the original forest background remains unchanged. The second places the darkened figure against the back lighting of a dramatic sunset. The Makar original precedes the manipulations here -

st_Alice_21.jpgSt-Pierre Alice on the cross 1a.jpgSt-Pierre Alice manip 3a.jpg

The new identity in St-Pierre's third picture is given as 'Caroline', and in this case, Alice's slender physique has been preserved (and reversed.)
The background in this manipulation depicts ancient Roman ruins -

st-alice-makar-gmdott.jpgSt-Pierre Caroline visits Rome Caro1a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom