. . . And The Truth Shall Set You Free

Go to CruxDreams.com
by now I have read just the first part of these last two post:

It was a large building with three levels, purpose built by the Prince-Bishop. The bottom level was of stone, and was almost entirely below ground. The ground and second floors were of wood, of very solid construction.

The ground floor was where the accused witch would be shaved, inspected for witch's marks, and where the initial questioning would begin.

If the witch was cooperative and repentant, she would be taken up to the second floor. She would be placed in a more comfortable cell, she would be fed comparatively well, and if she confessed fully and denounced other witches in her circle, then the possibility was held out that after serving a minor penance, usually involving giving up all her family's earthly belongings and land, as well as long and regular stints in a pillory and public floggings, she might ultimately be reunited with Mother Church. This was Heaven.

If, on the other hand, the accused insisted on her innocence despite the evidence against her and the councils of benevolent and concerned clergy, then she would be taken to the lowest level, where awaited smaller, danker, less comfortable cells and the various devices of persuasion. This was Hell
Excellent description about that terrifying place.
It was cool and dark below ground, and if Janine hadn't been in so much pain she might have felt relief at the cool flagstone on her bare feet. But she was far beyond feeling any relief at something so trivial
nice description too
Janine sputtered, gagged and nearly fell.
Lovely and crude walk of shame
and the councils of benevolent and concerned clergy
I guess I didn't get this quite well, are these the "good guys"?

Her nostrils widened like a winded or terrified horse. He could feel short, sharp gasps of air. Her breasts heaved and her stomach muscles tightened and stood out with strain and the effort of simply breathing through the pain.
Very vivid scene
He pressed her upper legs together, and, lubricated by her moisture, thigh fucked her
He improvise, smart guard
He began to grunt like an animal in rut, bursts of fetid breath slapping her in the face
this is rarely pointed out in other stories, of course he would have a fetid breath, this is 1581
While she was struggling he had backed out of the cell and had closed the door.
None of the other witches were left like this in their cells, Lovely!

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.

guess I didn't get this quite well, are these the "good guys"?
I meant it ironically. I guess you could say that they're "good guys" in the same sense that the cop playing the "good cop" in the time honored interrogation technique of "good cop, bad cop" is "good." Inquisition practices varied, but I was referencing the fairly standard practice that before the torture of an accused witch commenced, an interrogator and a priest would show the accused the instruments of torture, and explain their use. The "concerned and benevolent" priest would then plead with her, for the good of her immortal soul and to avoid unnecessary pain, to make a full confession and cooperate with the Inquisition, naming names, etc. Of course if she didn't, he would be more than happy to oversee her shoulders being pulled out of their sockets in strappado, or her breasts torn with hot pincers.

But no, all that is not clear from that single line. Had I continued the story, I would have had a priest and Peter Farmer showing Janine around the dungeon and explaining what she was going to be put through if she didn't confess. Then, as her torture began, you would have seen how "benevolent and concerned" the priest was.

These are my comments on the second part of these last two posts (I forgot to add the first comment to my last post):
The ground floor was where the accused witch would be shaved
I hope you mean pubic shave and not head shave
Then suddenly, as easily as she had stepped into the sixteenth century, she stepped out of her body. She was not aware of the transition. It was just that she found herself looking down from a corner of the cell to the cruelly bound young woman she knew to be Janine, Althea, herself. She felt no pain, no fear, only a sense of curiosity and compassion that reached out to the suffering woman before her.

Time had no meaning. It never occurred to her to wonder how long she floated serenely above herself. It was just herself, floating. She wanted neither to go nor stay, to eat or drink, or to sleep or wake. She was content.

The bolt of the cell door shot open.

"You can't let this happen." the guard said.

"She deserves it, she's a witch," Peter Farmer said.

"Of course she deserves it," the guard said. "But look, she's gone away! Look at her face, her eyes. They're blank
For a little moment I thought you would magically take Janine out of her suffering but I know that's not your style. Once the guards entered, Janine's condition was very credible, in fact expected.
"She must be a powerful witch!"
She's gonna be in serious problems because of the hormones (and because of Peter Farmer of course)

the brank
you didn't mention the brank before but for those who are following this story word by word, I'm sure we understood what you meant
"Fool!" the priest said. "Never release a witch from her bonds without a priest to protect you!"
I'm wondering whos more frightening, Perter or the Priests
"What are you doing?" the priest demanded.
Very organic/logical question for the situation
"This man says there was evidence of . . . demonic emission."

"I don't know about that, Father, but she had come smeared on her legs and pussy like some wanton slut."
The little pleasure she felt from the hormones it's gonna make her pay a very high price

The guard led Peter out of the cell and together they carried a grill back in. The grill was about three feet by two feet, and the height of a milking stool. Generally a witch would be seated on it while confined in the stocks, and her ass slowly roasted; but it had many uses. The bars were square, but welded to the frame so the corners pointed up.
I had little problem to understand this device, How is that the corners are pointed up?
"You're to be questioned in the morning," he whispered. "But don't worry, I'll be back later. And if you treat me nice, perhaps I'll give you names to give them."
Names it's gonna be the key of her interrogation process

@Barbaria1 @old slave @Baron Von Sade @Heineudo @twonines I think we should encourage @Jon Smithie to finish this story. Wouldn't that be awesome?

These are my comments on the second part of these last two posts (I forgot to add the first comment to my last post):

I hope you mean pubic shave and not head shave

For a little moment I thought you would magically take Janine out of her suffering but I know that's not your style. Once the guards entered, Janine's condition was very credible, in fact expected.

She's gonna be in serious problems because of the hormones (and because of Peter Farmer of course)

you didn't mention the brank before but for those who are following this story word by word, I'm sure we understood what you meant

I'm wondering whos more frightening, Perter or the Priests

Very organic/logical question for the situation

The little pleasure she felt from the hormones it's gonna make her pay a very high price

I had little problem to understand this device, How is that the corners are pointed up?

Names it's gonna be the key of her interrogation process

@Barbaria1 @old slave @Baron Von Sade @Heineudo @twonines I think we should encourage @Jon Smithie to finish this story. Wouldn't that be awesome?
I meant the spool gag that had been put in her mouth. I thought of it as a type of brank.
grill1.jpg This is the effect I was going for. Except I was imagining the cross strips being square bars, but rotated slightly so that the corners pointed up, instead of presenting a flat surface in relation to the frame. The idea being to make it extremely uncomfortable to sit or lie on.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I'm working on completing my Mina Berkeley story currently, and at my slow writing speed, that could take a while. I can't make any guarantees about returning to this story, but I appreciate your interest.:)

Last edited:
The idea being to make it extremely uncomfortable to sit or lie on.
Awesome!
and at my slow writing speed, that could take a while.
Why don't you try 'speaking it' instead of 'writing it' down? The same way one can use a web to listen to text, you can place your speech in digital text. Of caurse you would have to rearrenge the words after that, but I would be more than happy to help you with the syntax

How did you envision this tool Jon?
antique staple.jpg

A large iron staple would be embedded in the floor of the cell, so the prisoner's foot could rest on it and take some of the pressure off other stressed areas as she hangs in suspension. In Janine's case this would be her shoulders and scalp. The staple is not so high that the prisoner would not be able to reach the floor with the balls of her feet, but of course off the staple, the other areas of stress would be almost fully stressed once again. So I envisioned sort of a predicament suspension, where the prisoner has the choice which area she can tolerate greater stress on at the moment. Obviously resting the full weight of the body on a small area of the sole of the foot on that staple even for brief amounts of time, and alternating right foot and left foot, the discomfort would quickly become unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom